Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Lipstick Queen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.lipstickqueen.com/

Just wondered if anyone - La Vie - has tried this brand. They look interesting.

Kimberly
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Back in the day (v. early 90s) she had a brand called Poppy that was sold only at Barneys in the US. There was quite the buzz about it. It was the first really deeply pigmented lipstick. I remember being really excited about it. I got my first deep red lipstick from Poppy, this was before MAC Viva Glam came out. Then the brand just disappeared, I believe went bankrupt or something. She was a big success story in Australia, had a multimillion dollar company when she was like 18. I really liked Poppy brand, maybe I should try this. I first heard that she was restarting a couple weeks ago. I wonder if she couldn't get back the rights to the Poppy brand name.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
She went to Prescriptives a while ago, to be color director or something there.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to get to Barneys and check them out. Like I don't have enough lipsticks! Bad Grin
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Yogi,
LQ's nude looked similar to JH but somehow a little more toned down. I'm intrigued by the Saint Natural.

I'm really jonesing for lipsticks. Must be the L2k.

Kimberly
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for finding this, bluesheart; her lipsticks look AWESOME! gee, how can you resist? aren't you at about that point where you can introduce outside lip products???

her website is so beautiful--have to try these at some point!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I went to order 2 last night from barneys.com, but shipping for 2 lipsticks was 12$ so I didn't. That is a ridiculous price.
Why do companies charge so much, it's only going from NY to denver, you would think you could get it here for 4$!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Just wondered if anyone - La Vie - has tried this brand. They look interesting.

i do remember Poppy, but didn't realise she was back. so i guess i have to admit being a virgin on this line, but it definitely has my lips smacking!

so somebody go out there and take the plunge --come on! kimberly, it's about time! i want to hear *all* about it ASAP. (groans, like i need another lippy, and yet i persevere.... yogi? if you don't weaken before i get there.... and, yes, avalange. i promise to bring you back one!) my god -- a virgin again. i am sooooooooooooooooo excited!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Wow, every single color on the left hand side looks good to me + the wine. With the sinners wine, natural and coral looks really good to me. I probably couldn't pick if I had to buy online and would have a good chance of splurging on almost all of them so good thing I don't live in the US, shipping fees gives me a reason to refrain from spending on stuff I don't NEED Laughing
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I would love to have all the Saints. Unfortunately for me (fortunately for my CC), Barneys don't ship internationally. I had never been all that crazy about lipsticks until avanlange and la vie introduced me to JH! I love you 2, but just so you know, my credit card really hates you Laughing Laughing Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you lynn - I owned 2 lippies my whole life and I managed to spend over 100USD on JH. I'm totally a lipstick virgin. Then apart from the lipsticks there's Caron and Osea - whoa, soon I'll have to stop buying food to make room on my CC for it! Shock Laughing
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I'm with you lynn - I owned 2 lippies my whole life and I managed to spend over 100USD on JH. I'm totally a lipstick virgin. Then apart from the lipsticks there's Caron and Osea - whoa, soon I'll have to stop buying food to make room on my CC for it! Shock Laughing

Tell me about it. I saw my CC bills last month and I nearly fainted! I'd quite like to try Caron powder as well after reading avalange's and la vie's posts. I can't believe anything could be finer than my CDP loose powder Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:

Tell me about it. I saw my CC bills last month and I nearly fainted! I'd quite like to try Caron powder as well after reading avalange's and la vie's posts. I can't believe anything could be finer than my CDP loose powder Shock

You forgot one of the most important points - it's finer AND less than half the price! But I think the only way to get it is to call one of their stores. I think miranets got it that way from the NY store and she's in New Zealand, not sure how much she paid for shipping though, I think she even reviewed it a while back. Sorry for the OT.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

You forgot one of the most important points - it's finer AND less than half the price! But I think the only way to get it is to call one of their stores. I think miranets got it that way from the NY store and she's in New Zealand, not sure how much she paid for shipping though, I think she even reviewed it a while back. Sorry for the OT.

Now I've just realized that you too are evil! I'm gonna have to find out from marinets how she got her Caron powder Smile I'm gonna find it hard to part way with my CDP loose powder. I just love it such much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
la vie, you are naughty. I will order the LQ but I'm trying to find the ingredients. If I'm falling of the wagon I want to cushion my fall.

Avalange, Yes, I'm close to going on the maintenace but i'd like to give it another month or two. I've actually lost track of when I started but it was the end of November. I feel like I'm still improving so these new lip sticks will be my reward

If anyone finds the ingredients could you please share.

kimberly
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I think I need an EDS 12 step program. First, admit you have a problem......
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh my those colors are beautiful and little did I know that you can now shop on-line at Barney's! A few years ago they just had a site up but no on-line purchases. So now I have to buy more lipstick Shock and dig out my Barney's credit card!!!
You gals are sooooo bad!!!

Hum...now where did I put that credit card...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ok..I'm having trouble deciding on Saints or Sinners. I know I want Natural, Nude and Rouge. This is a quandry. Am I a saint or a sinner?

k
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Ok..I'm having trouble deciding on Saints or Sinners. I know I want Natural, Nude and Rouge. This is a quandry. Am I a saint or a sinner?

you're a saint. you've been doing L2K for so long that i'm afraid you might keel over if you sin. (but, to be honest, i'd love you to try a sinner so you can tell us about it.)
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
LOL La Vie. That was the first and last time I'll ever be a saint.

I've got some coming. A client is in Chicago this week-end and she's going to go to Barney's for me and get two...Natural and Rouge. Haven't decided yet on Saint or Sin...she's going to surprise me. I'll be sure to let you know.

I figure I owe you though I did get off easy as I don't use face powders. Wink

kimberly
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Just an update to let you know I got a LQ lipstick, Saint Rouge. It's beautiful. My client fell in love with the LQ lippies and purchased a few herself. She found the Sinner entirely too matte for her tastes. I don't find the Saint all that sheer..sheer but not real sheer. It gives a nice creamy coverage.

k
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to Barney's on Wednesday to check them all out.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Yogi,
I'll be anxious to hear your take on the colors. Let me know how the nude and natural pair up with the JH nude. I'm not a pink lover but the LQ pink looked interesting.

kimberly
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Will do! If anyone has specific colors they want me to look at, I'll do my best. Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Will do! If anyone has specific colors they want me to look at, I'll do my best. Smile

you know me and my lips -- smooch!

oh, and don't forget to check out the $$$ Lutens stuff for us (i'm off on holiday for two days and will be away from the shopping mecca).

kimberly -- glad you finally got a lippy! shocking, isn't it, after all those months going naked??? told you you were a saint Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |