Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Mascara that's Good for your Lashes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Now that I have long luscious lashes thanks to JM, I no longer need to wear any mascara at all. I do wear CareKate's lash gloss daily, but there are days where I want that extra umph. I don't want to wear regular mascara anymore b/c I know that they can by drying to the lashes & I don't want to mess up a good thing.

Does anyone know of any mascaras that are actually good for your lashes? I've heard that there are mineral mascaras. Has anyone tried any of these formulas?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Maybe try the Dr Hauschka one? I never wear mascara, but this is the only one I can & will use, because it's natural & therefore non-irritating imo.

Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
for a more natural defined look, i recommend Dr. Hauschka. for a little more oomph, try Sisley's new Phyto Mascara (Ultra Volume).

i was searching for the perfect purple mascara, but after seemingly testing everything known to man, gave up as they were all too drying and bad for my new-found lashes (first JM, now carekate Lush Lash). both of these mascaras are very nourishing and have helped keep my lashes in tip-top condtion. they stay on great and are easily removed. also very good for sensitive eyes and contact lens.... i have both of these in dark brown as i'm very pale with reddish hair and black is too harsh, especially with my new growth. in fact, i used to think that brown was boring but i'm really started to get into it as my lashes are turning voluptuous! Laughing seriously, i recommend bost of these highly. (BTW, i only wear one coat of either.)
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I never realized how crispy all other mascaras made my lashes feel until I tried the very conditioning Hauschka mascara. It's really great.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I have to echo the recs for Dr. Hauschka mascara (love the blue shade!). The only time I wear mascara anymore is on special night's out, but this is the one I reach for.

As Cedar said, everything else feels "crispy" to my lashes now! And the Dr. H mascara contains all kinds of nourishing ingredients to pamper lashes. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
There's an Almay one that's supposed to be good for your lashes. The name of it escapes me, though. It has vitamin E in it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
There's an Almay one that's supposed to be good for your lashes. The name of it escapes me, though. It has vitamin E in it.
Yeah, there's one by Physician's Formula that has Aloe and Vit-E, too.

The problem, IMHO, with these mascaras is that the amount of Vit-E/aloe/whatever is MINIMAL and those formulations contain so many other harsh ingredients that whatever benefits one might have attained via the Vit-E, etc., is sort of "cancelled out" by those other ingredients....

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
How is the Dr. Hauschka mascara for wear? Does it smear or flake at all?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Sutrish wrote:
How is the Dr. Hauschka mascara for wear? Does it smear or flake at all?

See this link for previous reviews of Dr. H mascara: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10995&highlight=hauschka+mascara

I personally didn't experience any smearing or flaking, even in the height of TX summer and I have the oiliest skin imaginable and usually end up looking like a raccoon by the end of the day, regardless of the mascara brand or formulation (including waterproof!)....

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, carekate. I had read this review thread. It's always good to hear even more personal experiences. Smile

Yours is a ringing endorsement! I'll definitely have to try the Dr. H. once I finish my current crop of mascara minis.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Almays , Aveda, Paula's choice, I find these mascaras "more natural" Mac X masacra smell like rosewater too...but I dont think that is a natural one.
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
My mum swears by her 'By Terry' mascara that I purchased for her. She had an emergency operation a couple of years ago - as a result her hair & lashes shed quite dramatically. The hair was not such an issue for my mum as she has incredibly thick hair, however her lashes were left sparse & brittle - her daily application of mascara only seemed to be taking it's toll. I did a bit of research on the web and came across 'By Terry' mascara which is a silk protein conditioning mascara. I was able to purchase this from Space NK (UK) I believe it is available more widely in the US (eluxury . dot . com !! stock it) I don't think that this mascara does an awful lot in terms of volumising / lengthening, however as your lashes are already looking great from JM and you want a bit of extra oomph - this may well be worth a try. I paid £22 pounds for this mascara which is not cheap by any means but to be honest I would have paid any amount to prise her away from some of the awful drying drugstore mascaras that she was using ! Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

i was searching for the perfect purple mascara, but after seemingly testing everything known to man, gave up as they were all too drying and bad for my new-found lashes (first JM, now carekate Lush Lash).

La vie, did you try the purple YSL? I finally settled on it and really like it. It works well for me - color and texture. I apply one coat and it's almost as natural as the Dr. H one.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
La vie, did you try the purple YSL? I finally settled on it and really like it. It works well for me - color and texture. I apply one coat and it's almost as natural as the Dr. H one.

the only purple YSL they had was waterproof which i try to avoid as it's literally a pain when you wear contacts.... which formula did you get? (may still be tempted....)
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm also loving the Hauschka one now. The first time I tried it, I got the racoon. Reading reviews made me want to try it again. What I'm doing now is putting a tiny amount of loose powder (Hauschka) under my lower lash line to absorb oil and moisture. This is working out great. The other thing about this mascara is that it comes off so easily that there's no tugging on your lashes or skin around the eyes.

If it is going to be a long day, I put a thin layer of Clarin's Fix Mascara over it and that stuff is amazing. You just have to be sure to do a THIN layer or else it makes the lashes dull.
cr8vgal

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
[color=red]Waiting for the mascara tubes to arrive and for one of my co-workers to finish helping me draft the language for the waiver....[quote][/color]

Dear Carekate,

I am new to your forum and am very interested in your lash serum. I have been using Jan Marini's product for about 6 weeks now. I like others have found that "yes" my eyelashes are somewhat longer and curled a littl but there are parts where the eyelashes are considerably smaller thereby creating what you would call "holes" on the eyelash line.

I would be happy to sign a waiver or anything to release you from all liability in order to obtain you lash serum that everyone speaks so highly of.

I am not a lawyer but here are some ideas in order for you to have some security and proof about your formula:

1) Patent, Trademark or Copyright your formula

2) write your formula on your stationary, sign and date it - maybe have at least 2 other signatures verifying your signature OR have it notarized

3) mail a copy item #2 above back to yourself, registered, return receipt. - this way you have a proof when you developed the formula.

Please keep me posted. I am sincere in my request of obtaining this wonderful eyelash growth serum of yours.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for the Dr Hauschka. I only wear it on my upper lashes, which prevents racoon eyes. I also tint my lashes with 1000 Hours, so my lower lashes are nice aqnd dark without having to apply mascara.

The Dr H really does give a natural, non-crispy effect. In fact, I'd be loathe to go back to my old style mascara now.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
alrighty then . . . looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to my local Whole Foods to pick up Dr. Hs mascara. I do feel like a bit of a glutton though. My lashes have never looked this good, even when I did wear all the lengthening/volumizing mascaras, & now I want them to look even MORE fabulous. Jeez, the search never ends! Thanks so much for the replies!
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
littlescooby wrote:
My mum swears by her 'By Terry' mascara that I purchased for her. She had an emergency operation a couple of years ago - as a result her hair & lashes shed quite dramatically. The hair was not such an issue for my mum as she has incredibly thick hair, however her lashes were left sparse & brittle - her daily application of mascara only seemed to be taking it's toll. I did a bit of research on the web and came across 'By Terry' mascara which is a silk protein conditioning mascara. I was able to purchase this from Space NK (UK) I believe it is available more widely in the US (eluxury . dot . com !! stock it) I don't think that this mascara does an awful lot in terms of volumising / lengthening, however as your lashes are already looking great from JM and you want a bit of extra oomph - this may well be worth a try. I paid £22 pounds for this mascara which is not cheap by any means but to be honest I would have paid any amount to prise her away from some of the awful drying drugstore mascaras that she was using ! Smile

Hi littlescooby. I checked out the site that sells the mascara & they have a black tulip (purple) mascara that looks enticing. Does the mascara smudge on your mom? Also, since it has the silk proteins, does she feel that the mascara helped her lashes at all? TIA!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Agent OO-CAT wrote:

the only purple YSL they had was waterproof which i try to avoid as it's literally a pain when you wear contacts.... which formula did you get? (may still be tempted....)

It's from the "Faux Cils" range, #4. They also have a beautiful wine one but sadly the color makes me look sick. I don't think it's waterproof but I couldn't swear on this at this instant. I have brown eyes and one coat makes my eyes pop.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
Hi littlescooby. I checked out the site that sells the mascara & they have a black tulip (purple) mascara that looks enticing. Does the mascara smudge on your mom? Also, since it has the silk proteins, does she feel that the mascara helped her lashes at all? TIA!

just an FYI: by Terry was reformulating her mascara last time i went to one of her shops here in paris a couple of months ago. the current stock was *only* in black and brown (i'd wanted purple) so that tube may be a bit old.... i've heard the raves about this one too, but was holding out for her new formulation....

Agent OO-CAT -- i will check it out next time i allow myself near a Sephora. Laughing thank you.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Does Sephora carry YSL? Or the Paris one?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
my Paris one does. ooh -- just looked. US too. scratch that -- no makeup.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Another ecstatic vote for Dr Hauschka. This is the best mascara I've ever tired. Doesn't flake, clump or smudge, lasts all day and looks fabulously natural. Can't say enough about it. Even if I don't feel like wearing any makeup I almost always add a bit of my Dr H mascara to make my eyes look a little brighter (I have long lashes but they are super fine). I highly recommend it! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
It's great to hear all these glowing recommendations for Dr. H's mascara. I may have to order it sooner rather than later!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |