Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Cellex-C Fade Away Gel and SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Pl
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aussie_guy
5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Has anyone tried either of these products:
- Cellex-C Fade Away Gel
- SkinCeuticals (Primacy) Phyto Corrective Plus
- SkinCeuticals PhytoCorrective Gel for Pigmentation Problems

I have some slight redness from previous acne and was wondering if anyone has used these products and how effective they have been.

The redness isn't nearly as bad as it used to be as I have been exfoliating regularly but this is a slow process. I am hoping to speed up the whole thing by using one of the aforementioned products.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I've had various degrees of brown hyperpigmentation for 17 years. At its worst, I looked like Groucho Marx with an added "bulls eye" on my forehead.

I've tried Hydroquinone formulations (takes at least 8 weeks to see any fading but it ruins skin texture), dermatologists' special formulations (felt like lard and gave me acne), alpha hydroxy and glycolic acids (improved skin tone but no effect on hyperpigmentation), and pretty much anything advertised for hyperpigmentation. And I'm my esthetician's guinea pig for fading products she considers carrying.

I've been using Cellex-C Fade Away Gel twice a day for 5 weeks. At first I was skimpy with the product as I use it in conjunction with glycolic acid in the evening, and Advanced-C serum in the morning, and worried about a reaction. After I was reassured, I began to use the product quite generously and at 2 weeks thought I saw improvement, though it wasn't obvious to friends or family. Then a week later, I was convinced, and now at 5 weeks, I see significant fading and can say it's the best product, and fastest working of anything I've tried. None of my patches has completely disappeared yet but considering the efficacy of this product thus far, I expect them to.

Fading products do not prevent hyperpigmentation from recurring, or developing in new places, so I use 30 SPF religiously.

I have no idea if it will be effective for redness and suggest you consult an esthetician.
aussie_guy
5% products discount

Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks heaps Less Patchy!

I have been doing some reading on the product and heard you really need about 60-80 applications for any major noticable difference. How many applications can you get out of one bottle?

I'd appreciate it if you keep me posted on how it goes, if those patches fully disappear.
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aussie Guy

Apologies for not checking back sooner.

The bottle is 25 mL. I've used it generously twice a day for 5 weeks and I'm down 1/3. It's a watery product and thankfully the bottle has a narrow tip so it doesn't bloop out very fast and none is wasted. 7 days x 2 x 5 = 70 applications

My major areas are both cheeks, full upper lip, corners of mouth, full chin, small spot on side of my nose, and a few spots on my forehead. Friends now tell me I don't have hyperpigmentation, just freckles. The big patches on my cheeks have broken down so I do look kind of freckly vs blotchy. The product has no effect on my regular skin colour (unhyperpigmented areas) so while I concentrate on my problem areas I'm not overly careful at the edges.

The bottle will obviously last much longer for someone with fewer areas of hyperpigmentation.

Please consult an esthetician before purchasing any product for redness as it would be unfortunate if you wasted $ because a hyperpigmentation product may not be effective for red spots. This bottle says 'Cellex C Fade Away Gel for Sun & Age Spots' and the package says '...helps to reduce the appearance of sun and age spots'. As sun and age spots are various shades of brown I wonder if this is the best product for you.

I will keep you posted.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2004 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Patchy,
Wow, someone has finally confimed my suspicions about hydraquinone. I would use it for diffuse melasma-there was some benefit , but the area around would lighten too. It would irritate my skin and, if it irritated too much, the dark areas would get darker! I finally swore off everything and decided to learn to live with it-actually it's not horrendous, I can cover most with foundation, but I wish I didn't have to. Also, summer is coming and I know it will get worse. Thanks for the info-maybe I'll try the cellex-c.Please let us know howit's going. .
aussie_guy
5% products discount

Mon May 03, 2004 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks less patchy.

I have ordered in a bottle of Fade Away Gel and will give it a go on some sun spots as well as the red areas.

Keep us posted on whether there is any improvements in the coming weeks.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2004 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Aussie_guy,

You also asked about Phyto +. I have been using phyto + for more than 10 weeks. I am still waiting for good results. I am happy for Less Patchy to see good results with Cellex-C Fade Away within 5 weeks. Phyto + was ranked number 1 in In-Style magazine, so I am still holding on to it. Everyone's reaction is different. Perhaps I should give up on Phyto + and try Fade Away. Good luck to you Aussie_guy.

Marina: I am a hydroquinone victim too. I am Asian and thought that hydroquinone only gives Asian skins side effects.

Rose
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Wed May 05, 2004 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Aussie Guy: Good luck. Don't forget to regularly use sunscreen because if the product helps your areas of concern, it's possible they may rebound with sunlight. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Rose: Good luck with Phyto +. I'm not familiar with that product.

Marina: You're lucky foundation covers most of your problem.

Years ago, when I power tanned, my hyperpigmented areas would become dark chocolate brown and people would tell me I had smudges on my face (like from a felt pen or charcoal). I didn't want to give up tanning when it first became a problem so I'd generously heap sunblock on the dark patches without rubbing it in (hoping it would act as a sun barrier) and I'd use nothing on the rest of my face in an effort to "even out" skin colour. I was willing to look ridiculous if it worked. It didn't. Now that I sensibly avoid tanning and use sunscreen, my skin tone is fair-ish olive-y and the dark areas range from light to medium brown. Years ago I experimented with several foundations but the dark patches were always visible. It was a coin toss whether I'd try to darken the rest of my face in an effort to match, or try to camouflage the dark patches. It was a nightmare trying to blend several shades of foundation and apply the right one for each area. Well beyond my skill level and I looked like a clown.

For the record, I'm Eurasian with oilyish hormonal skin.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Less Patchy,

The only thing holding me back from trying the Cellex-C is the fact you have to spot treat. My melasma is diffuse-an area on the cheek (quite large) but broken up. Freckle-like areas everywhere else. I would find it impossible to just treat these areas. Have you tried using the Cleex-C all over your face? Have you tried PTR's face brightening gel? I haven't but have been tempted. I always put it off thinking if it's for "brightening" and for skin already treated with HQ it probably won't do much. By the way, I have oilyish, VERY hormonal skin too-ain't it fun?
Rose,

HQ has side-effects on any olivey or medium-toned skin. The darker you are, the greater the chance that HQ can make things worse-even with sunblock.I've had some results with Vitamin C serum. I've only started about 3 weeks. I'm not saying anything to rave about yet-but my skin-tone is more even. Also, vit.c under sunblock helps ptotect your skin from the sun.
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Thu May 06, 2004 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Marina: Thanks for the HQ info.

Where did you hear you have to spot treat? If an esthetician told you to apply the fading product that way, perhaps it's for your specific skin type. I generously apply CC Fade Away to at least 60% of my face (cheeks, chin, jawline, upper lip, corners of mouth), and dab it on the small dark spots on my forehead, temples, and nose. As I mentioned before, it does not fade regular skin colour so I don't worry about being neat around the edges. And unlike HQ, it doesn't change the texture of my skin. It just does what it says it does - fades hyperpigmentation.
I haven't tried PTR products.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2004 9:55 am      Reply with quote
LessPatchy,

Casper's mum posted that with Celllex-c, you are supposed to spot treat. Actually, it's also on the product description on EDS. I'm not sure why since there's no HQ in it. I wanted to try it becuase of the Vit. c content. I use Vivier serum and see reults just with the serum alone. So, I figure a lightening product with Vit. c would be great!! The fact that I would have to spot treat scared me off since in some places I'd have to use a Q-tip and in others just apply with my fingers trying to avoid the "broken up" areas.However, since you have had such good results I'm ready to try. Also, I may try Vivier 20% vit c. serum under it. I like the 10%, but my skin can handle the stronger Vit.c and, if I'm not mistaken, vit. c. protects from the sun. I'm going to Greece this year-it's going to be a melasma nightmare!!!
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Sun May 09, 2004 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Marina:

Thanks for clueing me in to product descriptions on EDS, and other postings. I've only recently joined and haven't read everything yet.

While spot treating makes sense, it's not completely do-able. This is a watery product (even though it's referred to as a gel) and my hyperpigmentation is irregularly shaped so there's no way to avoid "normal" skin.

Here's what it says about Fade Away Gel:

Physical Description:
A green tea-colored, oil free, aqueous solution containing a full complement of patented signature ingredients and plant glycosides.

Primary Benefit:
Dramatically lightens the appearance of age and sun spots using only natural chemicals. Hydroquinone-free.

Primary Ingredients:
Glucosamine hydrochloride (HCL), L-ascorbic acid, tyrosine and plant glycosides.

Skin Types / Conditions:
All, except extremely sensitive skin.

When to use:
Twice a day directly on sun and age spots.

Features

A green tea-colored, light weight, oil-free liquid containing patented signature ingredients and a particular group of plant glycosides.
Cellex-C Fade Away Gel utilizes a patent created by Dr. Lorraine Faxon Meisner for the purpose of assisting the skin in wound healing and cell normalization, in combination with the original patented Cellex-C Complex.
This patented complex contains glucosamine, a naturally occurring amino acid which plays an important role in the healthy formation of body tissue.
Contains the optimal concentration of the Cellex-C patented complex required to work best on areas that are prone to develop age or sun spots.
Contains highly potent phyto chemicals derived from plants. These phyto chemicals are utilized by plants as a natural protection in times of stress induced by ultraviolet light.
Contains plant glycosides— manufactured by plants to combat free-radicals. Provides anti-oxidant protection and helps promote a clear, fresh, youthful looking complexion.
Contains green tea extract, rich in glycosides believed to be effective in the repair of connective tissues damaged by inflammation or excessive sun exposure.
Contains thyme extract. Thyme contains thymol. This constituent is such a powerful antiseptic that it is used in preparations for deodorants and medicinally for throat and mouth infections.

Benefits

Regular use will dramatically reduce the visible signs of age and sun spots, and promote a clear, fresh even toned complexion within 6 to 8 weeks.
Reduces visible discolorations caused by blemishes and skin abrasions.
Can be used by women and men with all but the most sensitive of skin.
Generally significant improvement in the overall appearance of age spots can be seen within 3 months of twice daily use.

Directions

Apply Cellex-C High-Potency Serum or Cellex-C Serum for Sensitive Skin to clean, dry skin.
Apply a drop of Fade Away Gel directly on to sun or age spots. (Remove plastic white cap from bottle. Squeeze the stem of the applicator between your thumb and forefinger).

Apply Hydra 5 B-Complex to face and neck.
Apply moisturizer if needed.
Note:
Cellex-C Fade Away Gel should be used under the supervision of a dermatologist or licensed skin care professional. The color of Fade Away Gel may vary due to environmental conditions. Initially, it is a pale leaf green color. Depending upon exposure to heat and humidity, the color may change rapidly to a green tea hue and then to a deep golden green. The color change will not affect the efficacy of the product, when used as directed.

Caution:
Avoid the eye area. Avoid hairline and eyebrows, as the gel may cause discoloration, particularly on blonde or grey hair. Avoid contact with clothing.
When applying Fade Away Gel to the neck, please be aware that it may leave a clear residue on your collar which may oxidize and turn light brown. This stain will usually wash out provided the clothes are laundered immediately after wearing.

Ingredients Include:
Glucosamine HCL*, ascorbic acid*, acetyl tyrosine*, zinc sulfate*, green tea extract, sodium hyaluronate, cucumber extract, thyme extract.
*Patented Cellex-C Complex internationally protected by US Patent Nos. 4,938,969 & 4,772,591.

I'm glad your post motivated me to check the product description - I've discovered I've been using the product incorrectly, yet it still worked. I've been using it directly after cleansing then Cellex-C Advanced C serum, Hydra B, Sea Silk moisturizer, suncreen, in the morning, and in the evening glycolic acid and moisturizer. (From this day forward, I'll use as directed)

But Crying or Very sad I've had a minor setback over the last two days. A lot of late nights caught up with me and on Friday, I was especially tired and used glycolic acid before the Fade Away Gel completely absorbed into my skin so the glycolic acid wasn't spreading well so I used more (I know better but wasn't thinking), and within minutes was burning/tingling so used moisturizer immediately. My skin was a little irritated this morning, and a little red and puffy. BUT what really annoys me is after walking 20 minutes in the sun today, my fading areas have darkened, even with using Cellex C Sun Care SPF 30+ generously only an hour before. This isn't a slag on that sunscreen because I tan easily, through all suncreen, even through SPF 60 (which irritated my skin). While I'm not back at "Square One" I'm bummed at this setback. At least Fade Away Gel works for me but it looks like I'll always have to have a bottle on hand, and wear a big hat. (BTW - I don't think the minor skin irritation from glycolic acid on damp skin contributed to darkening today because only my hyperpigmented areas were affected)

I hope you have a wonderful time in Greece, and fingers crossed your areas of concern don't worsen.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2004 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Less Patchy,

Careful with that sunscreen. Any exposure will darken the pigmented areas and not necessarily the rest of your skin. All they need is a little UV and they're off!! I remember a previous trip to Greece whhre I wore sunscreen. My face didn't tan, but the dark areas darkened! I looked especially lovely!! Wink You need sunblock with stable UVA & UVB protection. The best ones contain Meroxy or tinosorbs.If you are in Canada, get Anthelios from La Roche Posay. If you're dry-skinned you're lucky, because it is greasy. Actually, they've come out with Anthelios Fluid SPF 40 & 60, which is, according to reviews, practically matte. I'm in Montreal and I've ordered one from the pharmacy. This last one is not due out till late April/early May. Should be here anytime. I have the 'greasy' version and will wear it on the beach when I don't care if I look like an oil well as long as I'm protected.Avene also make sunblocks with tese ingredients. I think this will help. Very Happy
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2004 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Marina

I'm sure the Cellex-C sunscreen has stable UVA + UVB protrection. I've already tried the 40 and 60 you suggest and still tanned and darkened in blotchy patches with both SPF. PLUS I got zits and red, itchy skin on my face. (I used the 60 on my face, and the 40 on my neck/chest) . I bought both from a dermatologist and when I whined about the products giving me zits and a rash, he said to use less. The irritation and zits became too hard to take so I tossed both products, went back to 30, and try to wear a visor when I'm in the sun. I've just discovered Dermalogica's sunscreen and will see how well it works. It's a nice light texture, SPF 30, and can be mixed with moisturizer but I'll use it full strength.
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 16, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |