Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SKII AirTouch Foundation with EM concealor/SBx browtech
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
SKII Airtouch: I decided to try this battery powered airbrush foundation from SKII that uses ionic technology to deliver pigment evenly across the face without touching clothing, hair etc. Available from Selfridges and John Lewis in London or Harrods.

It is expensive and takes practice to get it right but so far I think its a keeper. The colour range is limited but I found one to match my skintone and no breakouts from the pigment thus far. I am still on the first refill and I think it will last a long time. The refill is the equivalent of what one might use in a week of regular foundation so the delivery is very precise. The device is fairly easy to setup though if you are interested in trying this is one product I recommend you visit a counter for a demo first. At Selfridges they were out of stock in my shade but John Lewis seemed to have more stock in all colours.

I cannot use MMU without looking 100 years old so this liquid foundation is a great alternative. It gives a very natural finish (no brush-like or painted look) and one can wear a bit of concealor under it if required. The layers can be built up but I have found one light layer is enough after a 30 second spray. I have small red marks from blemish wars and by no means even skintone but it covers excellently.

Only drawback is that it can leave skin feeling a bit tight so you need to use a good moisturiser underneath. Also it is not your usual routine as one should have the eyes closed while applying (and well also I kind of hold my breath a little so I do not get the particles in my throat - it is not as bad as it sounds!)

It takes practice to use it and I am still experimenting with it but the kit comes with a DVD with tips and so far I am liking it enough to put aside other foundations. I just hated that made up makeup look and with this its more subtle real skin, poreless effect. They suggest putting it on after blush but I do not use blusher that often and when I did I ignored that and used over (Laura Mercier golden mosaic highlighter) and it looked fab.

In the past month here are the other finds I am using with SKII:
Everyday Minerals concealor: I must let you know how truly excellent this product is. I bought it as a sample kit to try EM MMU. While the face colour made my skin look like the lunar landscape, the concealor blew me away with how great it is for undereyes. With the SKII and it makes the dark circles disappear with no cakey look. The eyearea is immediately lightening with no obvious makeup look you can get after a while with even the best concealors. I have tried Laura Mercier concealor, Estee Lauder light, YSl touche eclat and this one delivers superbly, is cheaper and will last ages. It does slip off the face by late end of day so into evening party one needs to retouch. [I have ordered a sample of Uglo girl concealor to try so will update if better for the other girls who do not get the same effect with MMU as liquid and are going a pix n mix approach like me]

Smashbox Browtech:
This is excellent for filling in brow colour and defining with a very natural finish like natural hair. It comes with colour on one side and a wax on the other for setting. One has to buy the brush separately but for now I am using a eyeshadow contour brush and it is working fine. Available from John Lewis London or also from QVC uk on waitlist; the latter includes the brush as a kit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I've read so many raves about the SKII airbrush foundation but the price was too steep for the "trial and error" ... I'm just too clutzy.

I'm sort of curious about the concealor too. Where did you purchase?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rjez,

Concealor is from everydayminerals.com

You can order a free sample kit and pay just the shipping. I am still using my sample and its been six weeks.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review on the SB Browtech.

Just wondering what colour you use..?

I was reading reviews on MUA, and seems that Brunette, the darkest shade does not actually compliment naturally dark haired brows, but rather Taupe is the better option?

TIA
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
Hi Rjez,

Concealor is from everydayminerals.com

You can order a free sample kit and pay just the shipping. I am still using my sample and its been six weeks.

HTH

Hi Blacklace, I looked at EM website but didn't find where one could order a sample kit. It must be hidden somewhere?!
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Mermaid: Halfway down the page: http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=kits

Blacklace: Could you please list the ingredients for the AirTouch?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:

Ohh and to add to lemmings, check out the makeup tools on EDM. Am tempted by their MAC 187 dupe and the flock sponges.

Plus someone here (or somewhere else) mentioned that you can actually order 2 sample kits in one go. Helping to save on shipping.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Thanks for the review on the SB Browtech.

Just wondering what colour you use..?

I was reading reviews on MUA, and seems that Brunette, the darkest shade does not actually compliment naturally dark haired brows, but rather Taupe is the better option?

TIA

I use the Chanel eyebrow pencil. For me the formula and texture is perfect. I'm Asian but use Taupe. Dark Brown is WAY too dark. So could be the issue with Smashbox too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:

Thank you Sharkbait, found it. Have ordered a sample kit, and a flocked sponge (have never used one of those for MMU, interested to find out how well they work). I'm having a tough time finding MMU that matches my skin, won't separate on my face by day's end and doesn't itch. Wish me luck with this one.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I recently purchased the SKII airtouch foundation about a month ago. I really love it, just do not love the price, lol!
Does anyone know how long on average the refills are supposed to last??
Tia.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
hello all,

Mermaidgirl: The sample kit should be on the home page down to the right of the page I think.

Miranets: Yes taupe is a very good option. I am using light brown as the dark brown is almost black esp as the wax darkens it when you apply. Also it is better if you go over with an eyebrow brush or one of the compacts estee lauder does for eyes. Taupe is recommended if you are lighter than average esp hair. I might try a taupe as well but the light brown is a good match esp as I have some empty spots in my eyebrow that i need to fill.

Sharkbait: sorry i tossed the packaging as i was traveling when i got the SKII...it just has an added Pitera hydration complex which SKII includes in its skincare line. So far no spots or reactions to this product and my skin is very reactive.

mermaidgirl: have you tried uglo MMU? i tried ordering a sample but it insisted on paypal for some odd reason. there are some reviews on here for this as well.

lipglossdoll: With more practice and holding it away from my face for just a 30 second back and forth spray seems the best technique. Less is more I am finding with this. I was told that a refill should last you some time this way even if you use everyday. I can PM you when mine is through to let you know how long it lasted. Even with the price of a refill though so far I am loving the quick routine, no mess with washing brushes, pouring foundation into my hands, touching my face or brush marks around my nose no matter how much i blend!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed response. Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
... Mermaidgirl: The sample kit should be on the home page down to the right of the page I think. ...

mermaidgirl: have you tried uglo MMU? i tried ordering a sample but it insisted on paypal for some odd reason. there are some reviews on here for this as well.

Hi Blacklace, thank you for your response. I found the EM sample kit and have ordered one.

Yes, I have tried UGloGirl MMU (is that the one you are speaking about? I know there is also one called GloMinerals ...) and I really, really like it, but the coverage is just not enough for me (I have blotchiness on one cheek) and gets cakey looking if I try to build coverage on the one side. I may go back to it and use a green concealor underneath on the blotchy area if I can't find anything I like better. Thanks for the suggestion!
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mermaidgirl,

I think this MMU is different..here is the link for you to check it out..i wanted to try the concealor and a sample kit but had some problems paying with a ccrd..kept asking me for paypal...maybe u will have luck with this one...
http://www.uglogirl.com/

For great coverage that is natural try Estee Lauder double wear or Laura Mercier foundation applied with a Mac brush. I am not a raving girl but i think i may have found an HG with SKII! I am loving the ease of it and the finish...takes experimenting but i am getting there..

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I decided that I had to have the SKII Airtouch after seeing all the rave reviews. I ordered online fromwww.bowlinghealthandbeauty.com. There are only four shades to choose from. I ordered shade BR-6 and crossed my fingers that it would be right. For reference, I am a Golden Glow in Jane Iredale and Ochre in Cle de Peau concealer.

Cost:
GBP85 (ouch! that's US$167 for me!) It includes an instructional DVD which did play on my US DVD player. The machine takes one CR2 3 volt lithium battery, which is included. The battery is not rechargeable.

Ingredients:
Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate (Pitera), Butylene Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone, Disteardimonimum Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Acetate, Methylparaben, CI77492, CI77491, CI77499/Iron Oxides.

The DVD says that the product is made of lovely pure pigments, pitera, and a moisturising ingredient. As you can see from the listing above there are a few more ingredients than that! Ladies that avoid silicones and/or are into natural cosmetics would probably steer clear of this one. Maybe John C. Hill or someone can decipher what all those long chemical names are.

Application Method:
I applied my Jurlique eye gel and Herbal Recovery Gel as moisturisers prior to applying the SKII. I also applied Cle de Peau concealer on my dark circles and scars, Sisley gel bronzer, and Jo Malone finishing blush. I then applied the SKII following the directions - mist in sweeping side to side motions for 30 seconds. I then let it set whilst I applied mascara and lipgloss.

Results:
I have to say that the finish of this makeup is lovely. It honestly does look like you have nothing on, yet it evens out your skin tone. No cakey powdery finish, it is a very dewy, natural look. It also feels good, light like you have nothing on.
It is not a total miracle worker, I still have large pores and you can still see them. It does give a bit of a soft focus to them - they are minimized somewhat but not erased.
BR-6 is the perfect shade for me, it is completely undetectable on my skin. Plus it is just a nice method of application, no faffing around with swirl and tap and blend... just mist it on.
As of now I will repurchase (esp cause I already spent the big money on the machine, the refills aren't that big of a cost). I'll update if something bad happens like breakouts that would cause me not to repurchase.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Does SK-II stay for the whole day, or do you need to touch up?

I am seriously lemming it right now.
BTW, Saks Fifth Ave is carrying it already, and soon it will be in Bloomingdales.

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy,
I should preface this by saying that I live in a humid, tropical climate and during the day I get a bit oily on my nose and the area right around my nose.
SKII has no mattifying effect on the oil. Without powder of some sort I would need to blot with papers and touch up during the day. I tried the SKII alone the first day I got it (just to see) and was shiny before lunchtime.
However, when I lightly dust the problem areas with Jurlique Silk Dust (after allowing the SKII to dry and set) I do not need to touch up during the day. If you have oily areas keep the Silk Dust in mind, it works really nicely with SKII. Very unobtrusive.
The rest of my face is normal to dry and does not require Silk Dust or touching up with SKII during the day.
Hope that helped!
Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Stellamaris, I'm still a little wary of the instructions for this product saying you apply this foundation LAST after all your eyeshadow, blush (what about lip products?) - its just so counter-intuitive that it freaks me out a bit.

Question: have you tried putting it on FIRST and then doing the traditional process of eyes, cheeks and lips afterward? I'm very interested to see if the SK-II would work like a traditional foundation in this respect.

Also, have you seen the entire range of colors in person? The reason I ask this is I was hoping you might be able to tell me if they have a fair shade with pink undertones.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl,

I have seen it in person at Saks in NYC - they do have a pale shade with pink undertones (their lightest color), they used it on me. It did look nice. I went during the luch break and had already makeup on, so I was not sure about how good the color match was nor how much coverage it gave. The SA's at that counter are so not friendly and they would not do it from scratch, so I am hesitant to buy it. On the other hand at Saks you can always return it....

Seriously thinking about it.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could afford it! Sounds so nice and I already have Jurlique silk dust to go with it Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
... I have seen it in person at Saks in NYC - they do have a pale shade with pink undertones (their lightest color), they used it on me. It did look nice. ... The SA's at that counter are so not friendly and they would not do it from scratch, so I am hesitant to buy it. On the other hand at Saks you can always return it....

Lucy, thank you (I think! Laughing) for the information - looks like I need to go check it out.

You know, I used to work in cosmetics at Nordstrom where we were taught excellent customer service and to - oh, I don't know - actually be HELPFUL and COURTEOUS to the customers! I really HATE it when I go to buy makeup and the SAs are bitchy. I really want to remind them that they are NOT curing cancer - its just makeup! Why they have such self-important attitudes and will not do their jobs is beyond me. Next time that happens to me (and I'm sure it will), I'm going to use Arielle's now-famous line "you're overhead, I'm profit" and just lay it on the line. I hate having to demand good customer service!

Should that happen, I will just check out the colors and buy the product online. No way would I give them my sale!
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:

Question: have you tried putting it on FIRST and then doing the traditional process of eyes, cheeks and lips afterward? I'm very interested to see if the SK-II would work like a traditional foundation in this respect.

Also, have you seen the entire range of colors in person? The reason I ask this is I was hoping you might be able to tell me if they have a fair shade with pink undertones.

Hi MG,
They don't sell SKII here so I have never seen the colors in person. I am glad that Sigma has seen them and can help. I crossed my fingers and ordered online. I chose based on the four swatches
http://www.bowlinghealthandbeauty.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1642

and a reviewer on MUA who said that 6 was her shade and she was a Sunny Beige in Laura Mercier.

And no it didn't occur to me to put it on first, I follow the instructions carefully... don't want to waste my expensive stuff! I would think that you would lose the 'airbrush' finish if you put your blush and bronzer on afterwards. thinking about it - mascara and lips you do after applying anyway... eye shadow/liner you probably could do last if you wanted to, although I would be careful if you accidentally rest your hand on your face whilst applying you could mess up the finish. Thinking about it more, it seems that if you were to get the SKII on your bare eyelids you would have to wait until it sets before applying shadow.

It really doesn't interfere with your eye and cheek makeup to do the SKII afterwards. It sets your makeup to the 'airbrush' smooth finish and does not seem to dull the colors.

Sorry I can't be more help!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Stellamaris, I'm still a little wary of the instructions for this product saying you apply this foundation LAST after all your eyeshadow, blush (what about lip products?) - its just so counter-intuitive that it freaks me out a bit.

ye of little faith, flipper! i told you the lightest shade would work for you! as for freaking out about the apllication, you can always even out your skin with a TM or light foundation (i'm on an SK-II kick so i use their Signs compact foundation) first if it makes you feel better. and you do need to use your concealer first. AirTouch over your eye makeup and blush just sets everything in. it doesn't really mute any colour, just may soften it a tad. you can always brush a light application of blush over to give you more of a pop if you think it's needed. i have to agree with stellamaris that using it as a traditional foundation would be a waste!

BTW, the girls at Saks in BH are lovely. i'll try to dig out the card of the main one. she'll probably remember me (she used to work for Guerlain and loves paris). they're very professional yet sweet and treat everybody well. they'll be more than happy to put it on what you're wearing or start completely from scratch.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
... ye of little faith, flipper! i told you the lightest shade would work for you! as for freaking out about the apllication, you can always even out your skin with a TM or light foundation (i'm on an SK-II kick so i use their Signs compact foundation) first if it makes you feel better. and you do need to use your concealer first. AirTouch over your eye makeup and blush just sets everything in. it doesn't really mute any colour, just may soften it a tad. you can always brush a light application of blush over to give you more of a pop if you think it's needed. i have to agree with stellamaris that using it as a traditional foundation would be a waste!

BTW, the girls at Saks in BH are lovely. i'll try to dig out the card of the main one. she'll probably remember me (she used to work for Guerlain and loves paris). they're very professional yet sweet and treat everybody well. they'll be more than happy to put it on what you're wearing or start completely from scratch.

Anxious Embarassed Sorry, la vie! That's right - you did tell me that! I'm such a dork sometimes. Thanks for the input!

I'm still trying for a color match with MMU (so far, no success) and am still intrigued by the SK-II stuff, so with everything you, Stellamaris, Sigma and Blacklace have said, I'm thinking I must head over to Saks BH and give it a whirl. Wonder if Saks in Newport Beach has helpful SAs? I'm on my way to NB in a few minutes.

Signed,

Flipper
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma - the Saks in NYC is the one by St. Patrick's, right? I live out on the island but was thinking about stopping into that Saks to check it out, and if I wound up buying it but not liking it I could always return it to the Saks by me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |