Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Best plain/simple night cream you've ever used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I mean one without retinols, AHA, BHA, etc. Just the most effective night cream you've used without any fancy promises or fancy ingredients.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
my recommendation is not for a cream,
but it is a moisturizer/healer.

imho, nothing beats bho's (biological healing oils) for their simplicity.
emu oil is at the top of my list, and I'm also very fond of squalane (tho squalane is often not rec for acne prone skin).
they do take some getting used to if you've always used creams and lotions.

I no longer have this great need to apply moisturizer to my face immediately upon waking or after my shower. it seems emu oil has almost normalized my dryer skin.

not exactly what you asked for - but i thought it was worth mentioning.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream

then

Nuxe Aroma Valliance

for the last week trying out some Yonka stuff but too soon to judge

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Is BHO a site, or a type of oil? Thanks for mentioning your results.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor essential balm.
Or several oils, I know Decleor Ylang Ylang is a favourite on this board for oily skins but I love using rosehip oil which is great for my type of skin which is fairly normal and gets dehydrated in the winter but can clogged up from night 'creams'. (I have some rosehip from Organic Pharmacy but there's lots of different ones) .
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
it's an acronym:
Biological Healing Oil

from skin biology's web site:
Quote:
"Emu Oil-S for Skin is very similar in composition to human skin oils and acts to replenish skin lipids. Squalane/Squalene are the major lipids in human skin but decline from about 15% of fats in the skin to 5% by age 55. This decline is a key factor in a drier skin skin as we age."

the theory at skin biology
is that a traditional moisturizer
"provides a brief moisturization of your skin but degrades the skin's protective properties against bacteria and viruses."

this is explained in depth at their site, and in all honesty, i sorta get it.

what I do know for sure is that the emu oils that i have used (skin bio's emu oil-s, ultra emu and clear emu) have helped me tremendously.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ylang -ylang oil
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with bubble,and my favorite BHO has been the squalane oil from PSF. It is 3% alpha lipoic acid, which is fantastic.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have enjoyed the JB Nightcream, soaks in nicely, very hydrating over my IS Clinical Active & Hydracool. And it was a freebie (except for shipping)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
PSF moisture balancing lotion is pretty plain i think. I believe their dry skin formula is also pretty plain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am excited to hear about PSF being so good as I have ordered that one.
Very Happy
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'll probably get alot of Shock but my favorite night cream at the moment is the Dove sensitive night cream. I also use the dove day lotion, its the only thing that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I always find with alot of the higher end expensive products my skin reacts horribly. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Shock @ moosette.

Laughing

@Emma--which formula did you end up picking? I purchased a sample of the moisturizer for oily/combo skin but it turned out not to be moisturizing enough for my drier cheeks. I just placed an order for the full sized drier skin formula since i have heard that it isn't heavy at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I love using Rosehip oil at night too Smile

I was also impressed with the vitamin E cream by JASON (I think its an American brand, I found it in my local health food shop) It moisturised nicely. Didnt like the smell but it worked a treat.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
moosette wrote:
Well, I'll probably get alot of Shock but my favorite night cream at the moment is the Dove sensitive night cream. I also use the dove day lotion, its the only thing that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I always find with alot of the higher end expensive products my skin reacts horribly. Sad

I use the day lotion as a night cream! Laughing I like the Sensitive Essentials line. It's not irritating, doesn't clog pores, leaves my skin smooth and moisturized... what else can you want?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Shock @ moosette.

Laughing

@Emma--which formula did you end up picking? I purchased a sample of the moisturizer for oily/combo skin but it turned out not to be moisturizing enough for my drier cheeks. I just placed an order for the full sized drier skin formula since i have heard that it isn't heavy at all.

Hello,
Very Happy
I bought the ALN squalene:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-ala-complex-p_4948.htm
I've heard it's excellent after a peel and to use just on its own as a moisturiser.
Iam very impressed with all the PSF products I have used so far.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Triology Rose Hip Oil - it was rather cheap and very moisturizing

Yon-Ka Serum - it really healed my dry irritated flaky skin during the 2 weeks my skin broke out, but I had to put 2 layers of it on

Creme de La Mer - I love it while traveling cuz I can use it all over my face, neck and eye areas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Good day Marci. I have used lots of skin care in my life time. High end low end you name it. And I have not seen one single difference between ANY OF THEM. Granted I have very good skin tone, but still you pay lots of money for these items. I use some simple products that aren't listed at EDS. I LOVE Sebamed, Carly's Clear n' Smooth line of products (very good moisturizers actually),and Elizabeth Grant whose skin care is based on minerals. Some times its good just to branch out and try other things so you can make a better decision.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Erno Laszlo Active Phelityl Cream. very simple, very clean, moisturises, doesn't break me out. i use this when my skin is going mad and it always calms it down. it's one of the original Laszlo products and, IMO, one of the best (along with the Sea Mud Soap).
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I like using Camellia Seed Oil. But for a cream I really used to like Valmont Nature's moisturizer (before it was repackaged as the Nature Line). It's purpose is only to hydrate, no fancy claims or anything, I used it in conjunction with Nature's Moisturizing Serum.

I now use Creme 15 but it's more of a moisturizer for acneic skin so I can't deem it to be plain. I'm looking forward to trying Jurlique's Calendula Cream which is still sitting in my cart awaiting checkout.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
If I went back to basics, it would be Kosmea Rose Hip Oil and Eigth Natural Wonder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if it would be considered simple or not... but I use Ice Elements normal to dry moisture lotion and I really like it.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet has a good moisterizer that feels really nice on your skin.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
A dermatologist told me 10 years ago that E45 was the only moisturiser/ nightcream that anyone ever needed. I do use this sometimes at night, if my skin feels irritated (I have rosacea) but I must admit, my skin looks better with more expensive creams, but it is worth using now and again to give your skin a break.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
after toner (actually rosewater), only Nuxe Aroma Valliance. It works for sensitive skin!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |