Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Remergent Antioxidant Refoliator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
There hasn't been a lost of discussion on the forums about this product so I feel it may be very under estimated in its ability to calm the skin after a peel or exfoliation.

I have used this product for quite a while straight after doing an exfoliation and have always thought it was a very nice product to apply following the exfoliation. As I normally use gentle exfoliation methods I did not realise how good it was at calming the skin until just recently. I have never used peels but had a sample of a peel which I thought I would try. Two minutes after applying the peel, my skin felt like it was burning so I washed the peel off but my skin still felt very irritated. I then applied the Remergent Antioxidant Refoliator and within a minute of it absorbing, my skin stopped burning, the redness disappeared and my skin felt very calm and soft.

The texture is about halfway between a serum and a cream and is easily absorbed. It is designed to be used after peels or exfoliation treatments so the bottle will last a long time if used on these occasions.
The main ingredients are:
Thiotaine ((ergothioneine) Thiotaine is a new amino acid in the personal care market that is both a powerful antioxidant and a catalyst for oxygen use)
Roxisomes ((arabidopsis thaliana extract, lecithin) A plant enzyme that repairs oxidative damage is encapsulated in liposomes)
Vitamin C + E.

When I apply this product, I don't use anything else before or after except sunscreen if it is in the morning as it also feels very moisturising without being too heavy. It has never caused me any breakouts.

I love this product and feel it is well suited to its purpose and could be used by any skin type.

Rating 5/5

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Here is a complete ingredient list:
Antioxidant Refoliator
Water,Isocetyl Sterate,Cyclopentasiloxane,
Squalane,C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate and C20-22 Alcohols,Glycerin,Glycine Soja (Soybean)Oil,Cetyl Alcohol,Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides,1,2 Hexanediol,Arabidposis Extract,Caprylyl Glycol,D-L alpha Tocopherol,Disodium EDTA,Ergothioneine,Isohexadecane,Lecithin,Linoleic Acid,Phenoxyethanol,Polysorbate 80,Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer,Sodium Hydroxide,Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate

The Cyclopentasiloxane is a silicone and is also in the DNA Repair, so the DNA Repair does contain silicones!

BTW I posted complete ingredient lists for all the Remergent products in the following thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12373&highlight=remergent+ingredients
HTH
MBGirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Arya, the dissipation of a volatile 'cone is not at all difficult, hence the qualifying term "volatile". They are reactive and dissipate quickly. Non-volatile 'cones do not dissipate, which is the point of their inclusion in many skincare products: their purpose is to preserve the integrity of active ingredients.

Moreover, silicones are not necessarily interchangeable with humectants, although some 'cones can behave as humectants. Honey, for example, is a wonderful humectant and is rather cheap. Honey is not, however, anhydrous.

The addition of silicones in skincare products (not cosmetics, but skincare items, like Remergent) is most often NOT for humectant activity. Usually, silicones are incorporated for their ability to preserve actives in an anhydrous base, to protect the degradation of air and water senstive actives due to oxidation or exposure to H2O. Oxidized actives, like l-ascorbic acid, will actually damage your skin because of their free radical activity. Certain silicones prevent oxidation so that your skin receives fresh, potent actives upon each application. Therefore, silicones actually protect your skin when used as vehicles for actives delivery. High end skincare very often utilizes certain silicones to protect a wide variety of actives.

This has been explained to you many times, but clearly confuses you. Again, anyone who is sensitive to an ingredient should avoid that ingredient---no matter what the ingredient is used for, but that certainly doean't mean the ingredient is bad, poor quality or useless.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |