Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

America's Next Top Model
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone watch the finale last night? I hate to admit I watch this show - it's one of my (far too many) guilty pleasures. Anyway, I was the only one of my friends who liked Melrose. I thought Caridee was just too much and not so special looking. She was better than the skinny twins though. Actually I never think any of the winners are all that great, and Tyra Banks and the other judges are so over-the-top. Maybe I won't watch it next time.

Who am I kidding? Of course I will.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Man that show is a guilty pleasure with a capital G!!! Of course I watched the finale. Embarassed

Here's my take: Caridee was definitely better than the skinny twins (did not like them AT ALL!), but I agree that she's not really special looking and on top of that, her performance at the final runway show was atrocious!! I cringed watching it!! I hated Melrose's goody-goody, type-A, catty, ultra-competitive personality, but I have to grudgingly admit that she was the best model, and waaaay better than Caridee, so I thought the final decision was a little odd to say the least. Ever wonder if the judges aren't really looking for the best model at all?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
HO MY GOD ! I totally forgot to watch it ...does anybody know if theres a replay ?
Let me know quick ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Another addict here! I'm so bad that I had to avoid this thread all day because I tivo'd it last night and just watched it. I didn't want to ruin the surprise! I totally agree with Liz's description of Melrose and I could never be friends with that girl. I think deep down she has a lot of issues and tries to cover it up with her arrogance/boldness/desire to be perfect all the time. I mean look at how she completely breaks down anytime something little happens.

As far as the decision, I agreed with the judges. While Caridee's performance on that runway was so excruciating to watch, overall her photos were much better than Melrose's. I didn't find Melrose very attractive, but sort of odd looking. Caridee at least has a pretty classic look and I think will do well for Covergirl type stuff. I haven't seen any of the others really progress past basic modeling stuff anyway.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh, don't forget the first one married Christopher Knight (aka Peter Brady). I would say she's done the "best" (which isn't saying a whole lot - but hey, I haven't had a tv show about MY life Razz ).

I would have to agree that Caridee is the best Covergirl-type. She reminds me of Molly Sims.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
Oooh, don't forget the first one married Christopher Knight (aka Peter Brady). I would say she's done the "best" (which isn't saying a whole lot - but hey, I haven't had a tv show about MY life Razz ).

I would have to agree that Caridee is the best Covergirl-type. She reminds me of Molly Sims.

My vote would have been for Caridee. Melrose has strengths but all through the series I heard constant comments about her photo'ing old. That and the fact that she never seemed genuine got her to the final show but not the top model prize. I think they felt that Caridee could be trained out of performances like in the last runway. Her print pic for Covergirl was substantially better than Melroses and sometimes one bad photo is all it takes to lose.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I normally watch antm on youtube since I can't watch tv at home. I don't like Melrose. She is fake, over-confident and not that pretty. I like Caridee better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Caridee, while not being special looking, is the classic beauty and her photos were so gorgeous! Melrose is just so spiteful. I don't know if it's because the TV producers intended to do that to her or she's actually like that. Not likeable at all!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I am guilty Embarassed

I watched the first cycle and then this one every week (on DVR). I actually looked forward to it, as it is the only television show that I watch every week.

I was surprised that Melrose didn't win, but happily surprised that Caridee did. What I didn't understand was Eugena making it to the top three. Beautiful girl, but no drive for it.

Next week, Next Top Model: British Invasion!

Tina
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I was surprised that Caridee won. I did think she was better looking than melrose, but i think melrose should have won.
I think the producers made melrose look meaner than she really was, the other girls just got jealous cus she was winning all the time.

Oh, did you guys see Eugena's skin with out make up --- make up can do wonders, then again all of the girls looked quite average with out the makeup.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |