Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best product for puffy eyes..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2004 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I'd love some recs for products that help with puffy eyelids and under eye area too.
Niccollee mentioned the Yonka gel for this & I haven't tried that yet.
Cellcosmet eye cream was wonderful in many ways but didn't help with this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. tia Confused
Mabsy

Sat May 01, 2004 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Try to get a sample of the DDF Protective Eye Cream SPF 15. It's a nice light eye cream with SPF to boot! From what I recall Alohagirl found it too effective at reducing puffiness Surprised I remember her describing her eye area as deflated balloons Smile Mind you, I didn't have that problem.

Btw, I remember reading somewhere that if you are looking for an eye cream to target puffiness then you should look at ones that have caffeine as an igredient. Apparently, that is quite effective at reducing the puffies Wink

Mabsy
Collette
5% products discount

Sat May 01, 2004 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Queenedauque,

I was wondering you mentioned that the Cellcosmet cream was wonderful in other ways, what did you find. I have just recieved a sample, but haven't used it yet.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2004 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Thanks. I remember alohagirl saying 1 of the ddf eye products was too effective. I was intrigued. Now I know which one & will definitely give it a try.
Collette..the Cellcosmet eye cream is wonderful, a tiny bit goes a long way. It absorbs very well and does a great job of keeping the eye area moisturized during the day.
I don't have lines in this area but puffiness so I continue to look for an eye cream or gel that helps with this.
hth
Caspers Mum

Wed May 05, 2004 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Several eye products that will decongest the eye area: Cellcosmet Eye Contour Gel, Decleor Hydra-Floral Eye Contour Gel-Creme, Phytomer Relax Contour, Carita CONTOUR YEUX AUX 3 SOURCES Eye, or Murad's Moisture Silk Eye Gel Anxious
SkinObsessed

Thu May 06, 2004 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I read that if you choose products to reduce fine lines, you may very well be contributing to puffiness, because those products are designed to plump the eye area. On the other hand, products to combat puffiness will do the opposite, and could make the lines more visible.

What you can do, however, is to use the wrinkle cream at bedtime and anti-puffiness cream in the morning.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2004 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I've been using Decleor intensive eye and lip cream mask, use it twice a week and it relieves the puffiness around the eye, also dark cirles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2004 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great recommendations! Smile
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2004 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
forgive me for not promoting EDS products, Angel

but, my mom uses wads of cotton balls soaked in plain warm milk then lays the balls gently ontop of her eyes. (of course after squeezing out excess milk)
Sue2

Mon May 10, 2004 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
According to my knowledge, the best remedy for puffy eyes is green tea bags. Just soap a green tea bag in water and refrigerate. Then once the tea bag is frozen, apply it on the puffy eye area for about 3minutes. This works really well. However, be careful...if the tea water gets in the eyes, flush your eyes with clean water and you should be fine.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Fantasia,

I thought I was the only one that placed milk on their eyes!.. I find it helps exfoliate that sensitive area pretty well. I don't heat the milk up though... does heat help?

Just wondering, does your mom use regular milk or skim? Does it make a difference? Thx.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2004 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
wave Hey Freckles.

She used whole milk and warms it up just a tiny bit. She said if its too cold it gives her a slight brain freeze. Rolling Eyes
niccollee
5% products discount

Mon May 17, 2004 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone every tried Preparation H? Almost every beauty magazine I have ever read has recommended that as the ultimate puffiness eliminator used by the celebrities. If you think about it, it does make sense, it is formulated to shrink puffiness and other things too gross to mention for those sufferering from hemorroids (sp?). I bought a tube a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. I WOULD LOVE TO hear if anyone else has tried it!

I also agree with the earlier poster about caffeine. It WILL combat puffiness which is probably why the tea bags work so well.

Nicole Cool
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2004 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Niccollee wave

Are you saying you read that celebraties put the Preparation H around their eye area? hmm I'm not too sure I want to do that. Might hurt pretty bad if some of it accidently gets into the eye. Interesting fact though.

I definitely like the tea bad idea and will try that. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |