Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Naturderm Products: Epidermx II, Chrysalyx, etc
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I went looking for reviews on Epidermx II and only found reviews on the old, first generation version, so I thought I'd write a review about the second generation Epidermx II, along with the other naturderm products I've tried.

Most of you here on this board know me and know my backstory, but just in case you don't, here it is: I went off of hormonal birth control a few months back, and my face literally exploded. I was waking up to 5 or 6 new cystic blemishes every day. You don't have to be good at math to figure out that under those circumstance, my face was a minefield in just a matter of days. I saw a dermatologist and started aggressively treating my skin with tazorac, finacea, antibiotics, an androgen-blocker, and a BP face wash. Still, all that stuff took a while to kick in, and so by the time it finally did my creamy ivory skin was literally covered by a mask of red scars and marks. I never entirely stoppped breaking out, but my breakouts decreased from 5 or 6 a day to maybe 1 every few couple of days, which was a lot more manageable to me esp. when I used Best bath Store's acne serum. BUT!!! The red marks covering my face were literally SO dark and SO noticeable that before I could leave the house, even if I was just going to the grocery store, I had to spend AT LEAST 30 minutes sedulously covering my marks with concealer. Even after a solid half hour with the concealer my face didn't look perfect, but at least it looked passable, you know? Still, it was a total time drain and it got old in a hurry, day after day. Around this time a lady named Amy came to our board, offering free samples of two of her products, Epidermx and Chrysalyx. Both products were supposed to be good for scars, so I decided to give them a try. The samples were small so I didn't use them every day, but I enjoyed them enough (plus they didn't break me out, excellent!) that I decided to try the Transformation System which included full size bottles of Epidermx, Chrysalyx, Naturderm, and Triple Lavender Face Foam. I'll review each product individually below, but first I'd like to say that after using the Epidermx, Chrysalyx, and Lavender Face Foam every day for a week, I saw SUCH a tremendous improvement in not only my red marks but also my skin texture!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, but since I started using these products daily, I have not had a SINGLE new blemish. My breakouts stopped entirely!!!!! As to why this is, I theorize that the Epidermx is helping my tazorac to penetrate and finally do its job adequately. Whatever the reason, I don't dread waking up anymore, and I certainly don't dread looking in the mirror. Instead, I'm excited to get out of bed and see how nice my skin looks! My skin has not healed 100% yet by any means, but now when I'm leaving the house, all I need is a thin layer of Alima on my face, then I go back with a concealer brush and add a little more Alima to my more pronounced red spots and I'm done in less than 5 minutes. Honestly I feel like I have my life back!!! So, if anyone else is struggling with acne scars, or is using a prescription acne med and STILL breaking out, these products could be just what you are looking for.

Here are my comments on the products individually:
Triple Lavender Face Foam ($32.95 for 6 oz)- I have been on the lookout for my HG cleanser, and this might just be it! I had to stop using the BP wash from my derm because it was just too irritating--- every time I washed my face my skin ended up red and angry. In contrast, this Face Foam is very gentle and soothing, and the lavender seems to actually help with redness, so after I wash my skin is clear and calm. It's a bit pricey, but because it comes out as a foam a little bit goes a long way, and the bottle is supposed to last 3 months with daily use. I didn't find it to be at all drying, however, since winter here in Cleveland is pretty brutal I've been only washing my face with the Face Foam at night, and then in the morning I've been just rinsing my face with water or giving it a quick spritz of Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser. Oh, and did I mention the smell??? I love lavender, so it makes washing my face a truly relaxing ritual.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Extract, Ananas Sativas (Pineapple) Extract, Bromelain, Caricapapaya Caricacae (Papaya) Extract, Olefin Sulfonate*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Natural, Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Methyl Paraben**, Propyl Paraben**. *Vegetable Derived ** Tree-bark Derived

EpidermxII ($19.95 for 1 oz)- This is easily my favorite product in the Naturderm lineup. I love the coconut scent, and I LOVE the silky, almost glassy feel my skin has after I use it. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin but miraculously I have not experience any irritation from this product and I've been using it every day. My acne scars are fading before my eyes, my make up is going on more smoothly, my tazorac is working more effciently, no more break outs.... I can't say enough good things about this scrub! I've already bought a second jar for back up because I can't imagine running out. Also I want to metion that the silver pot it comes in is gorgeous and looks great on my counter top. I also appreciate that it comes with a little scoop so I don't have to dip my paws down into the actual jar.^-^

Ingredients:
Purified Aqueous Extract of: Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract, Sambucus Canadensis (Elder Flowers), Rosa Canina (Rose Hips) Fruit Extract, Equiseturn Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract and Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Alumina Crystals (Corundum, alpha, medical-grade), Organic Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside*, Glyceryl Stearate*, Glycerin*, Organic Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Natural, Xanthan Gum*, Rosa Canina (Rose Hips) Fruit Oil, Organic Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Essential Oil Blend: Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Organic Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, (Orange) Oil and Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cocos Nuciferal (Coconut Extract), Mangifera Indica (Mango Extract), Methyl Paraben**, Propyl Paraben**. *Vegetable Derived ** Tree-bark Derived

Chrysalyx ($59.95 for 1 oz)- Way before Amy came to this forum with her samples, I had been eyeing different serums that contained ceramides, peptides, etc, because I saw it as a potential way of speeding up the skin-rejuvenation process and healing my scars more quickly. However, I never purchased any of those products because they all contained silicones, petrochemicals, etc, and since I was battling clogged pores I didn't want to add anything that might make my problem worse. Luckily, Chrysalyx contains all of the skin-rejuvenating ingredients I was looking at but none of the fillers I was trying to avoid, so it really is perfect for me. And just like all of the Naturderm products, it smells wonderful! It's a fine stand-alone moisturizer for oily-skinned ladies (but mist your face with something like Caudalie Grape Water first!), but drier-skinned ladies will probably want something on top of it for extra moisture. When the cold snap hit Cleveland my skin got really dehydrated overnight, but once I started putting a drop of Zenbiotic's Moisture Enrichment on over it, I was fine.

Ingredients:
Juniperus Communis (Juniper) Berries, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Extract, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Aqua (Steam Distilled Water), Infusion of Organic Herbs: Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria (Chamomile), Angelica Archangelica (Angelica), Althea Officinalis (Marsh Mallow), Organic Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate*, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Ceteareth-20*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Coco) Butter, Organic Mangifera Indica (Certified Organic Mango Butter), Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Ester-C, Panthenol (Vitamin B complex Factor), Ceramide-3, Retinol (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Natural, Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE), Essential Oil Bound Blend of: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Xanthan Gum*, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Methyl Paraben**, Propyl Paraben**. *Vegetable Derived ** Tree-bark Derived

Naturdermx ($69.95 for 1 oz)- I received this product in my Transformation System. I haven't yet tried it because I first wanted to test the first three products out on their own to see what kind of results I could get. However, I plan to add it in to my routine soon, so when I do I will give an update. I talked to Amy, and she thinks that the ingredients in it would also be beneficial for my scars, so I will definitely give a full report!

Ingredients:
qua (Purified Water), Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Helianthus annus (Sunflower Seed Oil), Glyceryl Stearate*, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Cetearyl Glucoside*, Octanoic Acid (Caprylic Acid), Glycine, Glycerin*, Xanthan Gum*, d-alpha tocopherol (Vitamin E),
Rosemarinus officinalis (Rosemary Oleoresin), Phosphytidylcholine (Lecithin), Methyl Paraben**, Propyl Paraben**. *Vegetable Derived ** Tree-bark Derived

All of these products can be purchased atwww.greatnewskin.com. Right now they have a promotion where if you buy the "Transformation System" you can get all 4 full-size products for $109.95 which is significantly cheaper than buying them all separately. You can also get a trial pack of Epidermx II and Chrysalyx for $10.95 if you would like to try before you buy. I'd also like to add that Amy's customer service just can't be beat!! She has given me so much good advice that's not even related to her products--- for example, she suggested I try stopping using traditional powders and concealers and try to only use Alima for a while since it's more "pure", and it has definitely been helping! And since I'm an animal-lover, I LOVE that Naturderm products are 100% vegetarian with no animal ingredients.

All I can say is, I'm sooooo happy I decided to give these products a shot. I thought I'd be stuck with a face full of scars for YEARS, and now I see them fading already!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Liz, thanks for the reviews! I was wondering when someone would do a review on their face wash. I almost purchased it when i placed my last order for 3 epidermx (for myself and to give as presents, i love this stuff Smile ). The lavendar foaming wash sounds awesome and i think i will place an order once my current cleansers run out.

my question for you is what exactly does the Naturdermx do? I went over to greatnewskin.com and found myself a little confused. i am not too knowledgable about peptides at all. is it mostly a wrinkle relaxer? thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi skincareaddicted! I don't know a WHOLE lot about the naturdermx, so for more details you might want to talk to Amy, but as far as I know it's supposed to help with current wrinkles and prevent new ones too. Also, it wasn't specifically made for this, but Amy suspects that the active ingredients in it plus the grapeseed oil will help heal my damaged skin, so since I got it in the transformation pack I figure I might as well try it and see how it works.^-^ I'll keep you updated. And yes, I whole-heartedly recommend the Lavender Face Foam--- truly lovely stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Liz nice reviews and thanks for posting the ingredients. I have a question about your experience with scrubs, have you used these in the past and how did your skin react to them? I ask this because I gave up using scrubs years ago because I could never find one that would not cause breakouts. I think it has something to do with the scrubbing and the exfoliation being too much for my senstive/acne-prone skin. So I was curious to know if you also had problems tolerating scrubs or if they generally don't aggravate your acne. Amy gives the impression that everyone can use this scrub and while I want to believe that I have had such bad experiences in the past that I don't know if I want to chance it!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
liz--thanks for your reply. amy will probably pop in to answer my questions further but your description makes me really want to try the naturdermx!

TheresaL--the epidermx is such a nice product, you should definitely give the sample a whirl. i think amy has said either in past posting or on website, that the epidermx is used on rosaceans even and those with sensitive skin. she has said that the product has a really low return rate, and it has been because the customers were allergic to the ingredient. *searches, aw here it is:

http://www.greatnewskin.com./pages/newfaq.html

hope this page helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
liz--thanks for your reply. amy will probably pop in to answer my questions further but your description makes me really want to try the naturdermx!

i think amy's away on holiday tonight (had a little misunderstanding w/my order we were clearing up) so if she doesn't pop in, that's why.

Theresa -- i know my skin is a lot hardier than yours, but i've *never* been able to tolerate scrubs of any sort. even professional microdermabrasion broke me out. i kept on trying as my mother has that scraping thing done to her face once a month and it always pisses me off that her skin looks better than mine (sorry, but it's just not fair!). i think i've tried every "gentle" product on the market and they're all the same. i break out.

enter EpidermxII. it doesn't even feel like a scrub. it's light and fluffy and it barely feels like there's anything there it's that fine. you can scrub lightly for 20 seconds or harder on congestion points. it's up to you and you're skin -- you're in the driver seat. not only have i *not* broken out, but it seems to be helping prevent them and/or healing them much quicker than usual.

knowing your skin, however, i would definitely suggest a sample. but do give it a try!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted-thanks for the link

la vie en rose-your reactions to scrubs and to the microdermabrasion sound exactly like mine! So if you say it works for you maybe it would work for me....

Right now my skin is actually starting to look pretty good with my current exfoliation routine (it is very minimalist-I have actually cut way back on exfoliation and it seems to be working) so I am not so sure that I want to risk the EpidermxII right now but I think that it would be worth trying someday. I will of course go with a sample!! Wink
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, I agree with everything our girl La Vie said. I had a lot of problems with the microderm scrubs from the drugstore (ugh, including a terrible reaction to that self-heating one from Olay!) and I had pretty much given up on them before Epidermx II. I also had to avoid anything with harsh particles such as fruit pits, etc. However, I was able to use aspirin masks and scrubs with gentler jojoba beads, but neither of them had the same nice effect as Epidermx II. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just spoke w/ Amy and ordered the Epidermix 2! I'm 39 and my skin is going bonkers Confused Thanks for the rave review Liz - can't wait to try it and get my nice skin back Smile
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add am with Liz on both the epidermx and chrysalyx. I too have the naturderm but as yet havent incorporated it into my routine.

I totally love the two products from naturderm and expect them to be a new part of my simple routine for a very long time.

Sherri
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
EpidermxII is probably my favourite exfoliation product. It is so much better than Version I, because it doesn't leave my skin feeling like a greaseball - I feel that it does leave a slight film, but nothing to prevent the ZB products from absorbing.

I can use E II on a daily basis since the grains are more "sparse" than my regular DIY mix of microdermabrasion crystals+water. There is just something really nice about the base of the product. I get lots of dry skin build up around the nose area, so scrubbing daily is essential - especially if I have used minerals and primers.

Theresa - perhaps you could have been allergic or sensitive to some ingredient in other scrub products, and the exfoliation just made it worse? What sort of exfoliation are you using now?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 am      Reply with quote
miranets -- i'm not Theresa, but if she and i have had the same reaction (which she says), i can honestly assure you that i tried so many scrubs (and i'm including high-end expensive ones because i was so desperate) that there was no chance every product had ingredients that gave me grief. some people are just more sensitive to manual exfoliation, i think.... i'm using Eve Lom at night (Epidermx only in the am) and can only use this really gentle washcloth i got from tiger_tim with it. my face just hates manual exfoliation but, after using Epidermx and getting glowing results, i obviously needed it!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I should've looked into this product before shelling out the moola for my Clarisonic Sad

Can someone compare these 2 products - both seem to be manual exfoliators - which works better?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
miranets I have to agree with la vie. I really do think that some of us are just not able to tolerate manual exfoliation. I too have tried quite a few different scrubs. Also, when I had my microderm it only involved the crystals and nothing else and I experienced the worst breakout of my life afterwards! Unfortunatly, unlike la vie I also have problems using AHAs on a regular basis and cannot tolerate BHA at all. Right now the only exfoliating that I am doing is using a muslin cloth once a day and I am very gentle with that-no scrubbing at all. I also use the Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder every 3 or 4 days. While this is a powder the grains completly dissolve when you add water so it is not a scrub, it uses enzymes to exfoliate. I guess that the 10% ascorbic acid in my C serum does provide some additional exfoliation too. Here's the odd part though, my pores are clearer now than they have been in a long time and my whiteheads/milia are actually going away. So I am hesitant to add the EpidermxII right now but after hearing how la vie and Liz have been able to use this it makes me think that maybe it might be okay for me too.

la vie en rose-So you are using the Eve Lom?! I tried a sample awhile back and really liked it. I have a jar right now and when I finish my current evening cleanser (Amore Pacific Cleansing Oil) I am going to start using the Eve Lom.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
la vie en rose-So you are using the Eve Lom?! I tried a sample awhile back and really liked it. I have a jar right now and when I finish my current evening cleanser (Amore Pacific Cleansing Oil) I am going to start using the Eve Lom.

liking it? OMG i'm loving it!!! seriously truly madly and deeply! (that may sound pathetic to say about a cleanser, but it's true.) it's gentle (almost every so-called gentle cleanser except cetaphil has broken me out or caused irritation) yet removes every bit of sunscreen and make-up (not that i wear a huge amount) without leaving a film of any sort. with any oils, i always had to use another cleanser on top to remove the film.... my face is soooooooo much happier now. Eve Lom in the evening (i even went so far as to boil water when we didn't have any from the tap one night and i'm an incredibly lazy person! *that's* how much i was loathe to go without for one evening.), nothing else. (BTW: highly recommend asking tiger_tim to get you some of her wash cloths -- very soft and gentle on one side, muslin on the other.) in the mornings, i only use Epidermx, very lightly, and nothing else. i've totally removed traditional cleansers from my routine and my skin couldn't be happier. this may change in summer, but right now i'm really just in heaven.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
If there was an Oscar for "Best Product That Improved My Skin" then Epidermx-deux would win hands down. I LOVE it. I was going to do a review of both it and Chrysalyx (sp) but Liz beat me to it.

After trying so many products this year - some wayyyy expensive, some not, and just getting frustrated with the lack of results....enter Amy's offer for the sample of E2 and I've been hooked ever since. FINALLY, a product that got rid of those nasty little bumps I've been complaining about ad nauseum on here for the past year....was it the Vitamin C? was I using too many actives? was it hormonal? etc., etc., Ack. I think it was truly just a bunch of clogged pores and where no other exfoliation product could touch it, E2 delivered. So, it has become a staple. I love it. I believe it has also helped in lightening some light brown melasma patches on my cheeks.

I love the Chrysalyx as well. It's light, absorbs easily, smells yummy., and gives my skin a lovely hydrated feel. Smooth and silky.

My skincare routine is now frightfully easy.

At night 15-30 second E2 scrub
Then Remergent DNA repair (this also deserves high praise)
Then either Chrysalyx or I'm working on a sample of Silkia Camelilia Oil (jury's still out on that though).

A.M. -

Rinse face with Dove Soap (I know, I know, but it's been my favorite for years)
PSF Firming Facial Toner
SkinDoctors PotentC
Chrysalyx
Moisturizer
PSF Eye Cream

We'll see if that regimen takes me far into 2007. I hope so, b/c right now I'm really pleased (after hating my peri-menopausal skin for the past year and a half) with how things are looking.

xoxMaria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Does it mean that you (Mariav, Lavie, Liz, ...) use E² every day and not as an occasional scrub (2-3 times a week) only ?
I tried it and wasn't wowed - i found the crystals actually pretty sharp and couldn't imgaine to use it daily (even though i'm not a sissy if it's about scrubbing).
thanks,
lin
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I'll be another 1 here to chime in my raves for the Epidermx II.

The new forumla is designed for daily use according to the jar and I have skin like a rhinos butt so it's no issue for me as far as being 'too much'. For those more sensitive every other day would probably reap similar benefit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
My skin is pretty tough (non reactive) but I usually hate scrubs. I always felt like my skin was being scraped off.

Well ... I'm another devotee of Epidermx II. To me, it really is a gentle scrub and my skin feels soft even when scrubbing - not red and irritated.

I use E2 at least once a day, sometimes twice a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Does it mean that you (Mariav, Lavie, Liz, ...) use E² every day and not as an occasional scrub (2-3 times a week) only ?
I tried it and wasn't wowed - i found the crystals actually pretty sharp and couldn't imgaine to use it daily (even though i'm not a sissy if it's about scrubbing).
thanks,
lin

Actually, the directions say to apply on a damp face-or just sprtiz with water or one ofTiger's favorite spritzers. I know what you mean about using it "straight" on dry skin-it can feel harsh except for us raw-hides. Because I've been slapping on all kinds of actives lately (wonder which one's working Embarassed ) I spritz my face with Caudalie's grape thing firstwhen I use it daily. You'll see-it makes a big difference.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I use the E2 every day. It's one of the highlights of my routine!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto what Liz said. I use it every night, but I do make sure my face is misty-wet with either PSF toner, Caudilie Elixer, or just plain ol' water. My skin is pretty sensitive, but so far so wonderful with E2 on a daily basis.

Maria Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Thanks for starting this thread.

I was wondering if anyone has used actives after this. From what I read on another thread it was a no-no. I've been using EII every other night alternating with PSF retinal (I am on my 5th night). But I'm scared to ruin my skin and use it on the same night. Would my skin still be sensitive if I exfol in the morning with EII, and use retinal every night?

I also bought IE 2mm. Which I don't know how to fit into my routine. Any suggestions? Seems like a waste, now.

Last Q: How does EII compare to PSF microcrystal exfol? (I had a sample. Seems like similar results.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Hi, Thanks for starting this thread.

I was wondering if anyone has used actives after this. From what I read on another thread it was a no-no. I've been using EII every other night alternating with PSF retinal (I am on my 5th night). But I'm scared to ruin my skin and use it on the same night. Would my skin still be sensitive if I exfol in the morning with EII, and use retinal every night?

I also bought IE 2mm. Which I don't know how to fit into my routine. Any suggestions? Seems like a waste, now.

Last Q: How does EII compare to PSF microcrystal exfol? (I had a sample. Seems like similar results.)

HI Zumlya! I'll let others tackle your other questions, but I can answer your question about actives. I use Tazorac which is probably a billion times stronger than PSF Retinol. I've been using it every night after my E2 with no problems, so I think you would be fine, although if you have very sensitive skin you may want to do a patch test the first time you use it after the E2. I also use finacea (azelaic acid) after the E2 with no problems whatsoever. Actually, I think the E2 is making my actives work better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
for those of you who use zenbiotic products, would epidermx be a good addition to that routine (cleanser, toner, o2, phyto)? if so, where would you fit it in? i've also been looking at best bath store's acne serum - would one be better than the other or would the two work well together? my skin's fairly clear except for one or two blemishes that always seem to pop up (especially in my t-zone) and ruin the clear effect. i'm also trying to work on declogging the pores around my nose . . .
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |