Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else stuck anywhere for "Blizzard 2006"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone. Well, I live in Colorado, and we are just covered by a blanket of the white stuff. The first picture is yesterday evening of one of our cars. The second is later on at about 12am last night. And the third one is at 11am this morning. I guess we won't be getting out anytime soon. Oh, and the fourth picture is just a shot of the backyard and the snow, with my dogs tail in it! Very Happy Enjoy. And if anyone else is experiencing some 'interesting weather', post some pics!

ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
OMG...I've been reading up on that. Have you left the house in the past couple of days? Hope all is well out there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
OMG...I've been reading up on that. Have you left the house in the past couple of days? Hope all is well out there.

All is fine...just not much to do Sad . No one in our neighborhood has left their homes for the past two days, I believe. But it's nice to have the ENTIRE family here, where usually one of us is always missing Smile .

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
My bf was flying thru Denver on his way east from SoCal Sad God, I hope it makes it here by Christmas. If I have to deal with my crazy relatives for two days without having him to rant to in between, I'll be in need of electro-shock therapy by Tuesday Confused
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
My bf was flying thru Denver on his way east from SoCal Sad God, I hope it makes it here by Christmas. If I have to deal with my crazy relatives for two days without having him to rant to in between, I'll be in need of electro-shock therapy by Tuesday Confused

Have you heard from him yet? I hear that the airport was filled with travelers yesterday who had to stay overnight, and for god knows how long after that. But I bet he's fine, so don't even worry Wink .

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! That's crazy! It's been a long while since we've had a huge dump of snow (anything) like that. I hope you have everything you need in order to "hole up" for the few days it takes to dig out. It's nice your whole family is there atleast. I'm so happy here that we are having a "brown" Christmas (in Calgary)! I have to drive out of town, so I'm pleased the roads will all be dry.

I hope they get the roads and what not cleared quickly for all of you so you can get out and about!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
On the other hand, the blizzard we had here two years ago resulted in the most enjoyable Christmas I've had in a long time -- it prevented some crazy and/or obnoxious out-of-town relatives from visiting. Go ahead, consider me a humbug. Mea culpa.

We're only getting rain here so far, so I guess Mother Nature isn't going to bail me out this time. I'll just have to pull a Sunny von Bulow and overindulge in spiked eggnog. And keep busy in the kitchen -- my usual MO.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I hope you have everything you need in order to "hole up" for the few days it takes to dig out.

I hope they get the roads and what not cleared quickly for all of you so you can get out and about!

Yeah, we seem fine for now. Been cooking up a storm for the past two days, not much else to do. My older brother(27) and parents(50's) even resorted to playing hide-and-go seek yesterday. It was pretty funny, actually Laughing . On the news, they were saying something about getting the national guard out here to help clear the roads. But I don't know how true that is!

m.april, don't worry, it'll be fine. The eggnog should hold you over! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Those pictures look like Montreal pre-weird weather effect. To look outside here today, everything's green. I can't get used to it & I don't like snow. I usually wish for snow on Christmas and hope it melts the day after.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I've liked snow less and less as every year goes by. It just causes inconveniences to me, it seems. Confused But then again, I've lived in Colorado for the last 13 years, so there must be something good going, right?!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
We've been shoveling since it started.. Growing up here, you learn to keep up with it, or you end up being your own worst enemy...LOL We have a new neighbor across the street.. They're from FL..LOL He got stuck half in and half out of his driveway yesterday.. Wouldn't listen to me, on how to get out of that.. And they don;t oen a shovel, even tho we've had a few storms already.. They were using a dirt shovel and rake...ROFL So today, my husband and 2 other neighbors got together and helped each other shovel.. Of course we were the ONLY ones who had been doing it all along.. No one else on the block had..

My daughter and I have been documenting it since the beginning.. LOTS of pictures...

Katee, did your BF get stuck at DIA? They won't be reopening until noon tomorrow, at the earliest.. I had a friend who was sposed to fly out yesterday, but couldn't get out.. He was VERY lucky to make it out of the airport and back to the Park & Ride.. Took over 3 1/2 hours for what is normally a 45-60 minute trip.. He can't get out now till Sunday.. There are well over 4000 stranded at DIA {airport}...

The Gov declared it a state of emergency yesterday, so he could call out the National Guard... Nothing is open at all.. A couple malls did threaten to open today.. For sure one didn't, couldn't get the parking lot cleared..

Today was my shopping day, for Christmas.. Looks like I may be doing that at the grocery store and gas station, and wait till after to get the gifts.. Well, at least I can hit the after sales and get more...LOL

We have about 30ish inches here, probably more. Official totals are always under... We also have another storm moving at us, that's sposed to give us 6 or so more inches..

We love it! I was born in a blizzard, in Colo Spgs...LOL My b-day was just last Sat. the 16th, so this is a little late, but still a present to me...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
That's amazing! Glad that you are all safe.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wow kiki, you guys sound like you were prepared. Everyone on my street just started shoveling today. I feel bad for your new neighbors though. We are recorded to have 33 inches. It seems more than that, so I think you're right with the whole under measuring thing for the books. I heard that we should expect 5 more inches at most. We will have to see.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Being born and raised here, we know to get started and keep at it.. We have no desire to be out throwing 24+" of snow all at once..

I know it sounds bad, but I didn't feel sorry for the FL neighbors..LOL I mean it's CO, it's snows! We've had 3 or 4 storms already, they should have gotten a clue and a shovel... The HOA rules are you shovel your drive and the sidewalk in front of your house.. {Very few of us do the sidewalks} I mean really... They had time to get a shovel...LOL We were however worried about the baby.. He's not 2 yet.. I told them yesterday, and again today, if they needed anything, let us know..

But it's all fine, they are shoveled out, and we got a good laugh and tease abou the rake...LOL

The totals of rain & snow are always more.. They take to official out at DIA, just like the temps.. It's always hotter and colder than there...LOL

Where are you? Did I miss it in another post? I'm in Highland Ranch...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in southeast Aurora. Near E-470 and Smoky Hill. So I'm actually a bit closer to the airport from here I believe. We are mostly out as well. Yeah I guess they may have had it coming. I mean, moving to Colorado, you know its going to snow (and it might be bad), so I see your point Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
oh wow thats bad. In the end of november we had a snow storm here (vancouver bc... we rarely see snow here)
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
oh wow thats bad. In the end of november we had a snow storm here (vancouver bc... we rarely see snow here)

Really? I always thought that all of Canada *always* got snow Embarassed . I really want to go there sometime next year. Just not sure to which part.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
hehe no not all of canada gets snow. That's just a misconception that non-canadians get of us. Vancouver canada is quite warm actually all year around. We rarely get much snow at all. It's a beautiful place... should take your next vacation here
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Girldellov! I'm Canadian origially, but now live in Southern California. Seeing all that snow does make me miss white Christmases.I'd forgotten how crazy it can get. Warm thoughts from me to you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
hehe no not all of canada gets snow. That's just a misconception that non-canadians get of us. Vancouver canada is quite warm actually all year around. We rarely get much snow at all. It's a beautiful place... should take your next vacation here

Sorry for being a bit ignorant on that subject Confused . That is what I'm thinking. But knowing that there is so much of Canada freaks me out (in terms of figuring out where to go Laughing ). I'm even thinking of moving somewhere other than the states (and some place warm) after I finish my degree and Canada is one of the options Cool .

c4ward, thanks for your thoughts! Smile Doesn't California have Mammoth and Big Bear in terms of where it snows? I'm just not sure where they're located as to where you are. Either way, it seems like you always want what you can't really get (me wanting a beach, you wanting a white christmas Wink ). Oh well, lets just enjoy what we got!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |