Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you tell your husband what you want for Chrismas?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
yes, I tell him what I want always. Otherwise, he will either buy some electronics for me or nothing at all, Confused Mad
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've never told my husband what I wanted. I just go out and buy it!!! Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis, I'm with you. I ordered what I wanted, told him about it(he was so grateful) and then told him to please wrap it. Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:22 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
MACrisis, I'm with you. I ordered what I wanted, told him about it(he was so grateful) and then told him to please wrap it. Laughing

This is exactly how I do it, to.

But it doesnt work in reverse - I still have to look around for interesting gifts for him. I actually enjoy doing it, anyhow.

But the inequality of it doesnt thrill me too much.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
guys you know what, my dear hubby did give me a surprise this year although i told him to hold on until we find a time shopping together. he came back home on friday with a gift from Birks, it is a necklace with sapphire and diamonds. very sweet but again i wouldnt pick it up from the store if i were there!
i thanked him and asked if i can return or replace it, he was so upset. he thought it looked very nice on me.
so, in order to make him happy i decided to keep it. you see,surprises aren't always good.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Drop hints and he's usually really smart and picks up on them all, he's really intelligent and doesn't miss a q....

The best yet tho was a complete surprise, my 40th birthday (2 years ago) a new car and when I asked why and how...he said the safetly rating on my old car was low and he wanted to know I was safe and bought me a MPV with a high safety rating.....i was so touched and never dreamed I'd have such a nice car.....top model all the extra's...probably the nicest car I'll ever have....sniff sniff getting emotional now...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
maybe i should learn to appreciate more...instead of being so picky.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Nope. We don't exchange gifts at all. It eliminates all the stress of Christmas. We don't even buy ourselves things and wrap them up to have something to open. We joke that the new ktm motorcycle that will arrive next month has something to do with Christmas but it doesn't. I guess we're just humbugs!

We get involved in charity fundraising and make sure that Christmas is good for some poor or sick children on the island. On Saturday I helped a friend throw a party for a bunch of kids in the neighborhood. About a dozen kids got to decorate gingerbread houses which they had never even heard of. It was a blast. They were all so strung out on sugar they had to go swimming in the lagoon afterward to burn off the buzz.

What I love about the Christmas season is getting together with good friends. We had a wonderful christmas party last night and we're going out to have dinner at a friend's place this evening. We have two New Year's celebrations to look forward to as well. I miss my family but I'm sure we'll have a webcam visit sometime tonight.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very lucky in this respect (unlucky in other ways, such as he claims he doesn't know 'how' to use a washing machine..)...

He's brilliant at presents. Particulary with clothes, very good taste and gets the right sizes. This year, I did hint a little bit, basically we were out shopping about a month before Christmas and I made a point of saying how much I liked about ten different things. I'd have been happy with any of them but he managed to get the one I really wanted most but didnt say, a beautiful handba.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
i have returned my hubby's gift today, but got another nicer one! Smile this is the one i wanted!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
Nope. We don't exchange gifts at all. It eliminates all the stress of Christmas. We don't even buy ourselves things and wrap them up to have something to open. We joke that the new ktm motorcycle that will arrive next month has something to do with Christmas but it doesn't. I guess we're just humbugs!

I so agree with you, and I think it has a lot to do with where you live - after spending so many years out in the islands where there was nothing to buy even if we had wanted to, I still haven't got back in the swing of doing a "normal" Christmas! We've been back for a few years now and this is the first year I've had any decorations (although it's only one, a tree-shaped ornament with lights and crystal bits). I do buy presents for family now, but hubby and I just don't bother at all for each other. We don't do birthdays or anniversaries either, which everyone here finds very strange, but suits us just fine Very Happy .
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, usually I do tell him things I am pining for all year long.He writes them down and keeps a running list.When Christmas (or a Birthday) comes along it is sometimes a surprising little treasure that I had forgotten about.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I do tell my hunny what I want for Christmas! I think it's easier that way.. Sometimes he buys me things that I don't need which I think is really money wasting. So now I just tell him what I really want instead of him surprising me with things that I don't even need! Bad Grin
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
My DH is waaay too practical. If I don't give him hints, I end up with household appliances. One year he even gave me a garage door opener and installed it himself. He was so proud, I just had to act like I wanted that more than anything. Very Happy

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
My DH is waaay too practical. If I don't give him hints, I end up with household appliances. One year he even gave me a garage door opener and installed it himself. He was so proud, I just had to act like I wanted that more than anything. Very Happy

Ari

Ha HA Ari that is very cute! Bad Grin
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:

Ari

Blimey, you should have won something in the Golden Globes for a performance like that! Laughing
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Blimey, you should have won something in the Golden Globes for a performance like that! Laughing

Nah, you could have, too, if you'd seen those big blue eyes. He has a heart of gold and I know it. Spoils me rotten according to my grandmother.

This year there were several things I really, really wanted including that incredible, soft, decadent bathrobe from Bath and Body Shop. We were going to his sister's house this past Thanksgiving. And, I said I was going to get her some things from there 'cause nobody EVER gives her girly things. So, I went shopp-in' and bought her everything I wanted. Showed it all to him and just gushed. Guess what I got for Christmas. Very Happy Very Happy

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
majorb wrote:

Nah, you could have, too, if you'd seen those big blue eyes. He has a heart of gold and I know it. Spoils me rotten according to my grandmother.

This year there were several things I really, really wanted including that incredible, soft, decadent bathrobe from Bath and Body Shop. We were going to his sister's house this past Thanksgiving. And, I said I was going to get her some things from there 'cause nobody EVER gives her girly things. So, I went shopp-in' and bought her everything I wanted. Showed it all to him and just gushed. Guess what I got for Christmas. Very Happy Very Happy

Ari

Ah well, the heart of gold ones are pretty easy to forgive - even for garage door presents. Very Happy
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I have to tell my Husband what I want, he is horrible at paying attention but I have to admit my wants change frequently, he is always getting me the lovely things I ask for and throws in a few electronic surprises as well.
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
My husband was my college sweetheart and even though we have been together more than 20 years, he still says he doesn't know what to get me.

I have dropped hints but he never picks up on them. This year we visited his parents for Christmas. I had told him I needed a jewelry box and that it is bad luck to give an empty box. He had me go with him to pick out the box but he winked at me and said it would not be empty.

On Christmas eve he wouldn't let me come into the room until he finished wrapping.

Christmas morning, I had this one present under the tree (opened in front of his parents)

Since I knew about the box, I wasn't surprised by this - I opened the drawers to find he had put in Seashells from florida! I was in such shock. I had to pretend - his mother kept asking what piece of jewelry he got. He could tell I was upset. I didn't ruin the day but I told him after this, no more presents. I can go to a store and buy whatever I need.

I keep telling myself that it is stupid to be upset about the fact that he is so clueless about buying me a present. He is sweet and kind and a very good man. I think it bothers me that the person who knows me so well has such a hard time - it's like I think he doesn't know me as well as I think.

I also told myself at Christmas that with all the problems in the world, this is a silly thing to be upset about.

Sorry for going on, this topic touched a nerve. It was good to read the other notes.
Thank you for sharing.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |