Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Vacation to Thailand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Shez ~ yes! its worth visiting. but its open only on weekend and start @ 8am. usually by noon the place would be very warm hence try to go there early in the morning if possible.

be prepare to bargain for the price Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm resurrecting this thread, as I'm going to Thailand for three weeks in august and am hoping to pick up some more tips here as to where to stay off the beaten track and what to do! I want to go the mountains, and it sounds like phi phi is very cool.

At the moment I only just booked flights and am looking where to stay on arrival in BKK.... so many hotels, all looking a bit same-y.. Confused

Somewhere riverside, I think..
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
boots products are cheap in Thailand.
I have use no.7 line and fell good!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl ~ do you happen to know where can i find boots in bangkok?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
catski - will pm you my favourite secret place to stay in BKK Smile
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

At the moment I only just booked flights and am looking where to stay on arrival in BKK.... so many hotels, all looking a bit same-y.. Confused

Catski, you may like Ibrik by the river (a three-roomed 'boutique hotel')?www.ibrikresort.com

I just stayed at their other hotel 'in the city' as it's close to the Sky Train but I wouldn't call it a hotel as such.

If you're going in August, then try and get up north (you mentioned mountains) asap, as it gets into September time rains can get very heavy. Also, it is monsoon season on the Andaman Coast where the Phi Phi islands are so whilst you may get lucky and have clear skies, the boats won't go out on certain days. So you'd be better off on the Gulf of Thailand for beach and island time.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
i love shopping @ BKK! i m in the middle of planning a trip there sometime in April. there is this night market [Suan Lum], was told that hey are going to be close as at end of Aril 2007. hope i can still catch the night market before it is closed.

recently there was news report about some social unrest in BKK etc, does anyone have any updates?

I am at BKK right now.
According with the news, it seems to be over news. It is not too much serious situation.
Just only more security.
Everything looks very normal.

So, this period is nearly Songkran festival.
If you have a time, you should come to join this festival.

Then, if you will be BKK and would like someone to be your friend, you can contact me.
In deal, my English is not so good but I still be your friend at here. Very Happy
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
NoNaMe ~ thats really very sweet and nice of you!! Laughing

actually i purposely avoid the Songkran festival because my friend told me during the festive period most of the shops will be close. i am going to *bang-my-head* against the wall if what she said is inaccurate. because i would have miss the chance to join the festive celebration.

i will be flying to bkk on 18th Apr (nxt wed).

i have not plan out my itineary as yet, do you have any suggestion or advise? btw, i will be staying @ Grand Diamond Hotel. tia

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic : Do not bang your head against the wall.
Your friend tells you the true but it was depend on which kind of shop that you would like to shop.

Anyhow, that is the great time also.
During the Songkran festival is quite mass and some shop and/or hotel increase their price.

So, What do you want to see at BKK?
Shopping / sight seeing / go to the beach?

If you would like to shopping : Jaktujak market, Suan lump night market, Ma Bun Kong and etc.

If you would like to sight seeing : At Bkk, there is many temples and native place. Moreover, you should take a trip by boat to see the Chapraya river. River market at Pra-padang (Tarad nam)

If you have enough time ( 1 week more), you should visit south of Thailand such as Krabi, Trang and etc. I am really love Krabi too much. I went there and felt in love with beach and snorkeling Wink Wink .
I suppose everybody will love too.

I will send my email to you, If you woulsl ike to contact me.

I hope you will love my home town. Surprised
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
NoNaMe ~ thanks babe!

i love shopping and the food in bkk! infact i have been there about 5-6x. lol but my last trip there was about 2years back. heard that there are alot of new malls.

my main purpose is to go shopping, some sight seeing and of cause massage! Laughing any good place for massage or spa that you can recommend? Laughing

i am thinking of going to erawan (pardon me if i spell it wrongly) also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic

I will looking for the great massage and spa for you.
Actually, I don't know much about this. Confused
But The erawan is very luxury spa also.
I suppoed you will like it.
I will attach the link to your email Wink .

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing WELCOME TO THALIAND. Dancing Dancing Dancing\ Very Happy/ Dancing Dancing
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
NoNaMe ~ thanks so much for your help! Laughing i am planning to stay there for 5days. hoping to relax and enjoy abit. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
just came back frm my short vacation @ Bangkok. if you need any information about the airport and shopping etc, i will be more then glad to share. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
catski wrote:

Catski, you may like Ibrik by the river (a three-roomed 'boutique hotel')?www.ibrikresort.com

I just stayed at their other hotel 'in the city' as it's close to the Sky Train but I wouldn't call it a hotel as such.

If you're going in August, then try and get up north (you mentioned mountains) asap, as it gets into September time rains can get very heavy. Also, it is monsoon season on the Andaman Coast where the Phi Phi islands are so whilst you may get lucky and have clear skies, the boats won't go out on certain days. So you'd be better off on the Gulf of Thailand for beach and island time.

thanks Daisy - I only just saw your post. The ibrik looks really good. I will check it out.
It looks like we are going to be a bit adventurous and go over to see Angkor Wat, and into Laos to Luang Prabang. Zooming down south for sun I've been told Ko Phangan has some parts that are still more nature than party..
Exciting!
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
This may be too late for some but when we went we used the Lonely Planet guide for everything...those are fantastic for travelling! Had a great time- Thailand is such a wonderful country for tourists.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
This may be too late for some but when we went we used the Lonely Planet guide for everything...those are fantastic for travelling! Had a great time- Thailand is such a wonderful country for tourists.

I love to hear that you love my country.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
the weather is really hot there but apart from that, i think it was pretty safe and nice place to go. nothing like what the news paper reported.

ohh.. and last saturday there was a fire broke out at MBK on the 7th floor in one of the restuarant. no injury but lots of smoke. all the shoppers were evaculated from the place and the fire engines, ambulance were there almost immedicately. i think thats a really remarkable improvement. there were at least 7-8 fire engine to standby there.

more shoppers can speak and understand simple english & i like the hotel that i m staying ~ Grand Diamond. location is good and staffs are friendly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
just came back frm my short vacation @ Bangkok. if you need any information about the airport and shopping etc, i will be more then glad to share. Laughing

Do you get my mail?
Did you join at Songkran Prapadang?
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
NoNaMe ~ i got your mail. wrote it down in a notebook but only realised that i have left it at home when i reached bkk! Brick wall i didnt managed to the Songkran Prapadang, because i reached there on 18/04 and its already over. had i knew that Suan Lom will be open during that period, i would definitely flew there on 16/04!

nevermind, i can always go back again next year! hiak...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to Thailand this summer...taking my kids there to visit my parents. I'm trying to decide between Mid June or Mid July. Does anyone know which month will be hotter?
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
i have been there in june before, its really really hot. never try july, maybe it might be better?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I'm resurrecting this thread, as I'm going to Thailand for three weeks in august and am hoping to pick up some more tips here as to where to stay off the beaten track and what to do! I want to go the mountains, and it sounds like phi phi is very cool.

Catski, you already booked a flight? I am waiting for a hot efare from Eva Air. Last November when I went with my bf, we bought too soon, and later I found they have hot efares on their web site. Which airline did you purchase your tickets from? I was actually thinking to go in August at first, but my kids want to meet up with my niece who would only stay in Thailand until 7/21, so we have to go mid-July or mid-June, so they can all see each other again.

I stayed at Hotel Davis Bangkok before. It was nice. You can go to http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/bangkok.html and get a cheaper rate. If you want a hotel that's centrally located, I think Novotel in Siam Square is great. http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/novotel/ It's close to the BTS line (sky train).

A friend just went in Jan, and he loved the Grand Sheraton in Sukhumvit area, which has a lot of foreigners in the area.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Flights will be cheaper in June than July. Despite the weather, July is peak for flying due to people travelling in school holidays. Though appreciate you would fly from the US, many flights from the UK to Bangkok have been long full up during July and August so no chance of any last minute bargains as you may get in November.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Catski, I forgot to mention that a friend just went to Thailand and visited Krabi, a southern province. She said it was GORGEOUS and breathtaking. It's not too touristy, and she regretted not spending more than a day there.

Daisylondon, according to the travel agent, June is already the start of a high season because the kids here get out in early to mid June. Sad That's amazing that flights are booked already for July and August. Hopefully I can still get tickets for 3 people.

Rainbow, thanks for the weather tip. I think Thailand is probably hot all year round except for mid-Dec to mid-Jan, which is just cool but can get warm in the middle of the day. I was there in November and at 10 pm, we were shopping on the streets, and we were sweating like pigs. (I didn't know that pigs sweat a lot.)
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh interesting on the flights. The cut-off here is 30 June then the prices get silly.

Krabi Province is nice. However, on the mainland particularly Ao Nang is very touristy indeed now. I was there last month and was shocked at what's happened to Ao Nang (which has always been relatively touristy) and the locals are shocked too. Also our summer is monsoon season on the SW coasts so it's not the best time to go to Krabi. But you might be lucky and get clear skies and a clear enough sea to go on a boat trip to the specacular islands.

On the Gulf of Thailand Koh Samed and Koh Chang are good though the latter is not quite the haven some of the brochures would make out, it can get quite noisy with all the lorries travelling to build these new resorts.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |