Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New Year's Beauty (or other) Resolutions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I can never keep big promises I make to myself (learning Spanish, running a marathon) so this year I decided just to keep things small and simple:

1. I will not purchase a new skincare product if I already have 3 or more of the same kind of product at home.
2. If I determine I MUST have a new product, I will finish the old products first. If there is a product I don't intend on using anymore I will throw or give it away instead of keeping it around until 2010.
3. I will wear sunscreen (almost) everyday.
4. If I purchase a favorite product that is on sale or has been discontinued, I will not hoard that product under my bathroom sink until it has exceeded the expiration date. I will use it and enjoy it!

Feel free to share your resolutions!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
1. No matter how tired I am, ALWAYS wash my face before bed.

2. Stop picking at pimples

3. No more impulse buys, must wait and think about it for at least 5 min before ordering Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
My only resolution regarding skincare is that I will not spend so much on makeup and other things. Embarassed
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I like your resolutions Bunny7475, they made me laugh! I guess mine would be the following:

1. TCA cross method. Get serious about doing it.

2. Be really nice to my hair as its growing out, Ive been pretty good about this one since I shaved it off.

3. Stop obsessing over tiny flaws.

4. Work out...Embarassed

5. Quit smoking for good.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Great topic!

1. Work out.

2. Find a sunscreen that I can wear everyday (this is a hard one!)

3. Try to limit impulse buys.

4. (I'm borrowing this one from vonstella; I think it's perfect) Stop obsessing/dwelling on my flaws.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Same as last year, and the year before that, and the year...... Cut back on sugar! Really my only vice, besides copious amounts of skincare of course! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
My resolutions (beauty wise):

1. Find a routine I'm happy with and STICK WITH IT! (I'm getting close to this) Try not to be tempted by new products, UNLESS they target an area I'd still like to improve. Very Happy (This one is so hard though, because even if I'm content and happy with a routine and how my skin is looking, what if there's something even BETTER, how will you know?)

2. Stop buying full sizes of things I DO want to try, without trying a sample (if available) first. I'm SOOOO bad at this!

3. Find a good daily sunscreen that will offer high protection against further hyperpigmentation, yet not make my face too shiny (am considering the Remergent SPF30).

4. Refrain from PICKING at my face! So bad I know! I am gettin better now that my face has cleared up alot, but I still find myself "tempted" at times. And infact, to try not to touch my face all the time (if I don't feel any bumps, I won't be tempted to mess with them).

5. Stop buying makeup when I have SOOO much already! Unless I actually run out of something that I use and need, to stop being tempted by new things. Oh, but why does it have to all look so pretty in it's cute little packaging, and all those gorgeous colours ... so hard. Sad

And other than beauty (although also related).

1. Eat more healthy, lose some weight and exercise!! It's the same thing every year!
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
1. Spend more time on school work.
2. Buy more decent outfitters
3. No more handbags.
4. Be nice to people.
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
1) Floss everyday
2) Stick to a skin care regimen
3) Use a sunscreen everyday
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
1. Do NOT do a marathon.

2. Spend less time online and thus save $$.

3. Read more books.

4. Use up my stash of products.

I might think of more....
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Stop buying... Sad

Stop binging...

Be more healthy...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
1. Stop picking at the damn whiteheads! I tell myself this SOOOO many times and am getting better but I still sometimes extract the ones that are not ready while I'm extracting the ones that are! Mad

2. Stop buying full sizes of things I DO want to try, without trying a sample (if available) first. I'm SOOOO bad at this! (borrowed from Moonstarr) - this is SOOO true for me and a large part is shipping + samples to Canada usually equals one full size product in terms of pricing.

3. Do not impulse buy a product after reading a wonderful review. Wait and shop around some more first, usually a week later (or sometimes the next day!) there will be a raving review for a better or cheaper product that does the same thing.

4. Drink more water

5. Work out - this is SOOO not gonna happen Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
1. do pilates twice a week

2.make progress with learning spanish

3. get a powerful blender and make good breakfast smoothies, to keep my system more alkaline.

4.use my bike more

5.get out there and make sure I dont miss the films and exhibitions I want to see.

6.throw out junk! (it accumulates very fast at my house..)
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
1. I will declutter. If I don't love it, I will give it to a friend or donate immediately.

2. I will not stockpile products of any kind. If one is good, 2 just takes up extra space.

3. Read more books.

4. Spend less time online.

5. I will not overbuy any beauty products. Will buy as I need them. One at a time is best, since I change my mind or they seem to stop working for me.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
1. Clean my room
2. Use up my stash of beauty products before buying more (like that's ever going to happen)
3. Stop picking at my blemishes
4. Exercise more
5. Stick to my new healthier eating habits

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ok
Good topic

After moving house twice in three years and totally not being myself, I am the opposite....

By decent skin care no matter the cost.
Exercise more
Not to buy things for the house and garden and spend more money and time on me...
The hubby and kid need to be more independent...

i.e. stop being a servant...the time has come...if they reallly need me I am always here, but not be walked over...

5% products discount

Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
This year I'd like to achieve the following:

1. To have nice skin (I have scars and large pores).

2. Finding a boyfriend.

3. Make new friends.

4. Pray for world peace.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think the big thing for me is to work out regularly.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
This one is easy for me:
No longer include negative, destructive personalities in my life (which includes,first and foremost, toxic family members!)
Pudoodles
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Limit time on EDS to 30 min a day (Hmmm...doubful this is going to happen).
Limit EDS-associated purchases to once a month..."limit" is afterall a loose word and I still have 5 more days till New Year, now then, where is my CC? Laughing
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
This one is easy for me:
No longer include negative, destructive personalities in my life (which includes,first and foremost, toxic family members!)
Pudoodles

A syaing I try and live by, "you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends". Sometimes one can be lucky to have relatives that one would have choosen to be your friend. I have one cousin in this category.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
This one is easy for me:
Pudoodles

A syaing I try and live by, "you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends". Sometimes one can be lucky to have relatives that one would have choosen to be your friend. I have one cousin in this category.

I wish I could say the same thing - I think I have too many relatives who fall into the "other" category...I think it is such a wonderful gift to have family that you feel safe embracing as friends. I'd give anything for that.
Pudoodles
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:

I wish I could say the same thing - I think I have too many relatives who fall into the "other" category...I think it is such a wonderful gift to have family that you feel safe embracing as friends. I'd give anything for that.
Pudoodles

I consider myself very fortunate - my 3 siblings and I get along very well with each other and my parents. When I was a teenager I thought I had the most dysfunctional family - mainly because Mom is Mexican and had the weirdest ideas & wasn't "normal" in my eyes. But as I've grown older, I am SO glad we all get along so well (hubby calls us the "Brady Bunch")!

To keep it on topic - my New Year's resolutions are few:

1) To look on the bright side of things like I used to (I've been way too negative for my personality lately).

2) To start some kind of activity or fitness routine before menopause sets in for good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
mine is simple:

Finish those bottles at home before i spend more money on new and unnecessary stuff!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Finish unpacking - moved in 2 years ago.

Buy samples first, not full size.

Give away 1 piece of clothing for every new one purchased. My closets are full!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |