Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which products have samples available?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am very thankful to EDS's excellent customer services and great price. I am always very excited to receive my orders with tons of samples to try. I hope I do not sound like an ungrateful pig but sometimes I do not receive samples of specific products I requested Embarassed

I know the reason probably is because those samples are just not avaliable but it is a little disappointing. Is it possible for EDS to mark "Samples avaliable" on products they have samples? Samples are so important for me to determine whether I would purchase that product or not.

Or, Maybe the forum members can make up a list of products that they never received any samples and the ones they did receive samples. What do you ladies and gentalmen think?

The following is a list of products that I am dying to try and requested samples from EDS for many times but never received:

Amino Genesis Tripeptinon
Amino Genesis Photolagen-AGF Full Strength Non-presciption
Juvena Juvedical Serum
Juvena Juvedical Renewing Eye Serum
Decleor Harmonie Essentielle - Ultra Soothing Cream
Decleor Harmonie Delicate Soothing Emulsion
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel (Full Strength Treatment)
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum
Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream
Dr. Hauschka Firming Mask
IS Clinical Cleansing Complex
IS Clinical Firming Complex
IS Clinical Poly-Vitamin Serum
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser
True Cosmetics Radiance Revealing Complex Idebenone 0.5 % epf-95
Yonka Pure Concentrate Emulsion
Yonka Juvenil
Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque
Peter Thomas Roth Oxygen Detoxifying Masque

I am sure there must be more... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
thats a good idea. Like on how Sephora, you get to pick you're samples you want. I think EDS should have a list of the samples they carry, and you can pick a few of those samples along with your order.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
thats a good idea. Like on how Sephora, you get to pick you're samples you want. I think EDS should have a list of the samples they carry, and you can pick a few of those samples along with your order.

That's a great idea! Then if they limit it to a few each order, it's fair to everyone.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Both BCgirl and Moonstarr's idea is much better than compiling a list of products with no sample Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
That would be a great way to order samples. Smile
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
great idea. Maybe the website can give us options which sample do we want to try at check out.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
That would be awesome! There are a number of products I would buy but due to the price, I want to try a sample first. EDS is SO SO generous in sending samples but often do not have samples of the products requested. I would love to be able to pick the samples I wanted from what they did have.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I am very thankful to EDS's excellent customer services and great price. I am always very excited to receive my orders with tons of samples to try. I hope I do not sound like an ungrateful pig but sometimes I do not receive samples of specific products I requested Embarassed

I know the reason probably is because those samples are just not avaliable but it is a little disappointing. Is it possible for EDS to mark "Samples avaliable" on products they have samples? Samples are so important for me to determine whether I would purchase that product or not.

Or, Maybe the forum members can make up a list of products that they never received any samples and the ones they did receive samples. What do you ladies and gentalmen think?

The following is a list of products that I am dying to try and requested samples from EDS for many times but never received:

Amino Genesis Tripeptinon
Amino Genesis Photolagen-AGF Full Strength Non-presciption
Juvena Juvedical Serum
Juvena Juvedical Renewing Eye Serum
Decleor Harmonie Delicate Soothing Emulsion
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel (Full Strength Treatment)
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum
Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream
Dr. Hauschka Firming Mask
IS Clinical Firming Complex
IS Clinical Poly-Vitamin Serum
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser
True Cosmetics Radiance Revealing Complex Idebenone 0.5 % epf-95
Yonka Pure Concentrate Emulsion
Yonka Juvenil
Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque
Peter Thomas Roth Oxygen Detoxifying Masque

I am sure there must be more... Confused

wild cat, it is a great suggestion! i also never got some samples requested. however, interesting thing is, when i went through your list, i did receive some samples that you had never received, such as:

I requested the two Juvena products in your list several times, never got one.

i also requested cellcosment preventive day and night cream, activator gel, valmont bio-performance serum, no luck.
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
That would be a great idea cos last time i got all samples that were for oily skin and mine is dry. Being able to choose what you want would be awesome Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
babygirl wrote:
That would be a great idea cos last time i got all samples that were for oily skin and mine is dry. Being able to choose what you want would be awesome Cool

agreed, i got some samples for very mature skin, even though it is from valmont, still too early for me, what a waste!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I requested Cellcosmet before & never received them. But that's ok because EDS are always great with other samples & freebies anyway! Very Happy I agree it's a great idea to be able to choose your own samples for your own skin type etc.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I strongly agree but it may be difficult for EDS staff to do it.

I did not receive the samples I requested last time and those 3 samples they sent me were not suitable to my skin and it is a waste.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
sometimes, I got some EDS samples but I dare not try them myself.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy,
I wonder if Juvena make sample at all? I really think it would be a great idea if EDS can label which products make samples. I remember if I left my skin type at the comment box at checkout, EDS staffs almost always try to give me samples for my skin type. Maybe there can be a section in "My Account" for all EDS customers to fill in their skin type and skin problems. I have no idea which way would be easier for EDS Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Although I agree it would be a great idea I think it's immensely difficult for EDS to do because:
1. EDS stocks too many products and they probably get too many samples to really make a list of everything. Unlike SaffronRouge that only stocks a few brands EDS stocks a lot more.
2. It would take a lot of time to update due to the load of orders EDS gets each day and the amount of samples they send out - sometimes EDS usually out a few (5 or less) but I've also gotten 10+ samples before at one time so to keep this up to date would be way too hard and take too much time that would be better concentrated on other more important aspects of CS.
3. I don't think they can control what samples they get either, I think that they probably get samples that are included with their product orders from each brand so sometimes they might just not get those product samples themselves.

Also on a more personal note I would rather be surprised with samples - it feels more like Xmas that way Very Happy The samples I can't use I give them away to other people so I would never think of them as a waste. I have not yet once received a sample I requested for but I have gotten a couple of samples I was pleasantly surprised with. I think EDS is already incredibly generous with everything and instead of asking them for something that would require a huge amount of time to create, I'd rather EDS make a swap section on the forum so we can send each other sample packages for those unusable samples we get!
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I agree with sormuimui that listing and updating all available samples would be too much work for EDS. I personally almost never got what I requested for my order. Yet, I was lucky enough to receive a Valmont Glacier Eye Cream sample with my last order because my order was put on hold for a whole week to wait for an out-of-stock item and the sample happened to arrive their warehouse during that time. Very Happy

Yet, I'd love to have a section where we can swap samples and even full size products. The best things about swapping here is we're more familiar with each other and members here are most likely to have the particular sample/product we want. Razz
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:00 am      Reply with quote
BTW, Wild Cat, I have two packets of ISC Cleansing Complex which I don't think I'll use as I have the full size. PM me if you want them. Very Happy
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
sample swampping sounds great!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |