Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Would Emu Oil stimulate facial hair growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
If emu oil is suppose to stimulate hair growth, wouldn't it also do the same if you used in on your face? Or some kind of peach fuzz?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it does stimulate hair growth on the face in a sense that it would not cause new hair to show up, but will exacerbate the existing problem - make the preexisting hair grow a little faster and a little stronger.

For me the benefits of Emu Oil outweigh the risk.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed any changes in the hair length on my face, but I did order folligen lotion and they sent emu oil along with it. I bought it for my eyebrows and they say that emu oil does help promote hair growth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I did notice the change in how frequently I have to pluck the hair and the appearance of a couple of the new ones in the area where before there was only peach fuzz. After using Emu Oil for about 10 months (twice daily) it is not too bad at all.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:33 am      Reply with quote
this is the main reason i won't use emu. try camellia oil instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! I won't be using any emu oil b/c I don't want to create any kind of facial hair growth. I am assuming that jojoba would probably do the same? So, the Camelia oil definitely won't stimulate hair growth?
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hmm that's scary - I just started on emu and love it. I'm def gonna continue though I pray any hair growth won't be noticeable
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion, the benefits - healing calming moisturizing properties outweigh the slight increase in facial hair health.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Well, what do you know! I've been using emu for about 3 mos now and I thought I noticed something about my facial hair. I did send an e-mail to Skin Bio asking them if it was the cp's. They replied no. I never thought it could be emu.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
If you do a search on emu oil, you'll see that one of the benefits is that it helps with hairloss.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
Well, what do you know! I've been using emu for about 3 mos now and I thought I noticed something about my facial hair. I did send an e-mail to Skin Bio asking them if it was the cp's. They replied no. I never thought it could be emu.

Gee...I've pretty recently started using emu oil...I haven't noticed any changes in existing hair growth frequency or pattern and I'm hoping that I don't...that type of side effect does make my back go up a bit....I should have known - the emu thing was just too darn good to be true!! Embarassed
Pudoodles
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
It is still an excellent product. The difference in facilal hair quantity and quality is quite small and well worth it in my opinion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
If there was a change in my facial hair, it was too small to notice.
quest.s

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I wanted to buy a soap that lists emu oil as one of the ingredients--i'm guessing it's not as strong as putting pure emu oil on your face, and since it will be rinsed off, do you think it will cause hair growth? I'm already having a little trouble with facial hair growth and I don't want to exacerbate the problem...

also, if I use it and it does cause facial hair growth, will the hair decrease and go back to normal if I stop using it?

looking forward to your answers Smile

thanks
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:

I also called skinbiology and asked them if their coppers stimulated hair growth on the face, and they said no. But I was just using the copper peptide serums, not the emu oil.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Emu Oil for years and I've never noticed any increased hair growth on my face, other than my eyebrows filling in better, my eyelashes getting longer and fuller, and my hairline improving. It hasn't made me grow hair where I'm not supposed to have hair though. That's probably just because it helps to heal damaged cells including follicles. It's a great anti-inflammatory oil.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used either emu oil or copper peptides myself, but I think there have been anecdotal reports of copper peptides causing increased facial hair. On the Skinbio website, their discussion of how copper peptides works notes that they stimulate the hair follicles, which would be consistent with increasing hair growth in general. Again, I should emphasize that I have no personal experience with emu oil or copper peptides, partly because I don't want to risk additional facial hair growth--menopause has provided me enough of that on its own!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |