Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Day moisturizer for DRY skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
city gurl
5% products discount

Mon May 17, 2004 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I can't say enough about these forums, all along I thought I was the only one obsessed with this stuff Rolling Eyes

Anyways, I have rather dry skin and tend to get red/itchy bumps on my face if I don't moisturize adequately. My current cream just isn't cutting it. I was wondering if anyone could suggest something that has worked for them, especially a good combination of moisture and SPF. I'm considering Murad Perfecting Day Cream, Sheer Luster or Essential Day Moisture, any experience with these? I'm worried they might not be "rich" enough.

Also, if you could suggest a good moisturizing sunscreen (extra protection never hurts) I would be sooooo grateful.

Thanks guys
margarita
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Dear Sity gurl Question
Whath do you mean by itchy bums?
maybe this is some type of rosecia Rolling Eyes
If it is so you will need to use something like Rosecia relife by DDF for evning and Aloe cort cream again by DDf for the day

and if your skin is just very dry try to use serums like "Moisturising serum" from Phytomer ,or "Nutritus" serum from Sothys
they are made spesialy for very dry skin and there are to be used under your reguliar moisturiser
About Murad it is ok to use someting with Spf but again you will need a serum before that because most of the product with an Spf are made with Titanium dioxide and"or" Zink Oxide wich are drying components for the skin.
best wishes Surprised margarita

ps sorry for my english
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2004 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I have ( or rather had, since the treatment has definitely helped a lot) very dry skin, and I use Dermalogica. But in the winter, I felt that nothing really helped, except for the Nutri-Delice Ultra-nourishing cream from Decleor.

My esthetician told me to use MD Formulations Facial Cream under my regular skincare to help it penetrate into the skin more deeply, and after having done this for three months, my skin has never looked better.

In the evening I use Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance over the Facial Cream, in the morning I use Skin Smoothing Cream. Since it is important to use an SPF when you're using AHAs, I use the Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15.

Also, the MD Formulations Antioxidant Hydrating Serum is worth considering.

And remember to drink enough water!
margarita
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 1:28 am      Reply with quote
ohh i forgot to ask
did you ever used any Murad? Idea
Mabsy

Tue May 18, 2004 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Decleor? You could use the Decleor Aromessence Angelique oil (love the smell! http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Decleor_Aromatherapy.htm) and use Decleor Harmonie Essentiel cream over the top? The oil should provide a nice moisture boost and the Harmnie Essentiel is a moisturiser for sensitive skins (which yours may be? I'm just thinking of the red bumps here...).

Also Orlane has a VERY moisturising cream (I was an oil slick after using this on my normal/combo skin but it was perfect for my mum who has dry skin - her skin just absorbed it all in!). It's the Super Moisturising Concentrate (there's been some reviews of it in the past - do a search and see if you think it would be suitable for you).

Mabsy
city gurl
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all the great advice.

To clarify the bump issue, I never had it professionally checked out so I can't say for sure whether it's a medical condition or not. However, I know people with both psoriasis and roseacea and this doesn't seem like either one of these. They're more like spots of red, annoyingly itchy skin (most often around my eyebrows or sides of my face) that tend to get worse if I scratch but subside if I glob on moisturizer. They usually show up towards the end of the day or in the morning if I don't wash and moisturize quickly enough. When I get them it's usually few hours before they go away but they do disappear and leave no marks, weird???

Right now in the AM I use Cosmence Oleo Tonic for d/s skin followed by H2O Plus green tea antioxidant serum (not sure if it's making matters worse but seems a lot more gentle than Cellex-C 10% that I was using before). I follow up with Estee Lauder Resilience SPF15 Cream and Emergin C tinted SPF20. I also use Murad Essential-C eye cream (margarita, this is the 1st Murad product I've used but it's been working great and that's why I was considering the line).

I think I'll give the Orlane or Dermalogica a shot and keep you guys updated on my progress. I'm reluctant to part with my antioxidant serum, I feel like the air around here just sucks the life out of my skin, would it be an overkill to use a moisture serum in between that and the day cream?

Again thank you so so very much for all your help, I can't wait to test it all out Very Happy
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
City Gurl, sounds like you have my skin!! Those itchy red bumps are from something you're skin is reacting too that you are using. I get those bumps if I use something my skin is allergic to, don't know exactly what stuff in products breaks me out, I know lanolin and fragrance, aha's, known irritants or sometimes if I drink too much beer (the alcohol I'm guessing!) Maybe its something in the serums you are using, my advice would be to stop using one of those products for awhile and see what happens, with sensitive skin like ours everything is hit or miss! Hope you find something great, I myself have found the Dermalogica line pretty nice on my skin, and if I really have a bad reaction to something I will use cetaphil lotion for awhile till my skin clears back up, it's cheap and it works!! Its kinda heavy though so I'll use it as a night cream and in the morning my skin is back to normal again, hope this helps you!!
Mabsy

Thu May 20, 2004 2:16 am      Reply with quote
City gurl,

My other half gets the same thing! Above the eyebows, sides of face and sometimes a bit on his chin and around the nose as well. Except his problem tends to get worse as it gets itchy and very flaky too. I tested out the Decleor Harmonie Essentiel on him not long ago and it worked like a charm (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1824)! Mind you I think his skin condition is in part caused by seasonal changes and allergies.

Mabsy
city gurl
5% products discount

Thu May 20, 2004 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for all this great advice. Moosette and Mabsy, I think you guys are definitely onto something. I guess because my face would itch I always associated the condition with dry skin, but after reading your responses and giving it more thought I think sensitivity is definitely a factor. I've been "graduating" to improved skin care (you know, when you realize that the lines aren't going away after getting more sleep and you better start doing something about it Shock ) so recently I've been going through a lot of products. That's probably what's setting this off and I just thought it was dry winter air. I'll look more into Dermalociga and Decleor but I did just start using Kinerase at night (only few days ago, too early to tell anything) do you guys think it's fine if I keep using it in the PM and start testing the other stuff in the AM?

PS, Mabsy I really enjoyed the thread about your other half Laughing. My boy is the same way, he used laugh at all my skincare stuff but when I got him to use some of my eye cram after a late night out all of a sudden I see him using it on his own every so often (success!!!). Now if I could only convince him that Banana Boat after sun lotion is not a daily face moisturizer......
Mabsy

Fri May 21, 2004 4:38 am      Reply with quote
City gurl,

Perhaps since you started using Kinerase then you should use it for at least a week and make sure that you're not getting the same reaction? Otherwise if you start using new things in the evening and your skin gets cranky then you won't know what caused it.

Ha ha... he's not using it regularily though - only uses it AFTER his skin reacts, instead using it as a preventative measure. I think it's mainly because he's not used to using anything on his face on a regular basis and forgets to do it if there are no "symptoms". Baby steps.... baby steps.... Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |