Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Vitamin C serum again.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, sorry, sorry guys. I know there are a million recmmendations for Vit C and this is precisely my dilemma... Which one to go for? So far, I've used CellularSkin Vit C and it worked fine for 3 months and then I started having a bad allergic reaction to it on and off. I don't want to write-off Vit C altogether. I'm looking for a simple, effective one. Perhaps PSF or Candessence? Or another one? Help....
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Agent OO CAT - what VC formulation do you prefer? Do you prefer the watery texture or the ones with "slip" (like Vivier?)...Given how impressed I am with PSF in general (they seem committed to quality at a reasonable price) I might consider their formulation...or Cellular Skin RX...Cellex C has always been popular but inpires that age old argument over oxidation and decreased efficacy..I've used Vivier's formulation in the past and thought is was nice..(slippery texture)..the whole VC thing is a nightmare for me...I don't know what to think anymore...the price differentiation among formulators is steep and I wonder why...I'm sick of the whole VC hoopla..I've started using Prevage during the day as oxidation fighter cuz I don't know what to believe anymore...hmm.. I guess I didn't really help, did I? Embarassed
Pudoodles
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I really like Vivier Kine-C Dual Action Skin Firming Serum (Vitamin-C 10% + Kinetin).
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles,

Having only used one Vit C serum so far, I can't compare texture etc. Cellularskin is kinda watery. I think I would perfer that as "slip" evokes images of "oil slick" in my mind. I thought Prevage was in addition to Vit C rather than instead of? How do you like it? I've been eyeing it but I'm trying to get the basics covered first.

Best,

Cat
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about the Prevage - I "think" it is good...I use it as an anti-oxidant treatment..the price is a bit ridiculous, though...$200 bucks a pop and it doens't last more than 3 months...I've been using it every day for the past year and my skin is feeling good (but that could be due to my other products as well)...the only thing I feel pretty strongly about these days is that just because something costs an arm and a leg - doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't slop. I am THRILLED with the PSF retinol treatment and it wasn't costly at all...at the same time I am totally stuck on the skincubed eye treatment and it is pretty pricey...If I were you I'd go with the watery texture and probably steer clear of the more pricey formuluations...I just don't understand why Cellex C and Skinceuticals has to cost so much more than others...and aren't there peptide formulations that have anti-oxidant and collagen inspiring properties? I'm not really helping you out here -- I'm really interested to see what some of the other members have to say about it this so I'll be watching this thread right along side you! Wink
Pudoodles
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Agent - Several forum members, even those who are acne-prone, really like SkinMedica's C product. It's an anhydrous formula in a silicone base, but nevertheless the silicone doesn't seem to cause any outbreaks for those who rave about it. It's also very stable and the C is time-released which may make it gentler for sensitive skin.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Cellex-C for a months now, and I start to feel the result. It's very easy to use, absorbed very very fast, and it's not too pricy.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals has always been my favorite, and I love that you can get different strengths (10,15 or 20).

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
mSkinMedica is indeed a name that keeps cropping up. Thanks m.april. Will look into it.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I did..and it's kind of expensive ($69) for a vit C serum. Is it really worth it?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I did..and it's kind of expensive ($69) for a vit C serum. Is it really worth it?

Which one did you end up getting?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:

I feel the same way! And there is a measurable price diff among formulators ( used Cellex C for years)...Cellular skin RX has a C serum for $44CDN...if you check it out on the EDS site you can read a really good review (comparing it to Skinceuticals)....I think I've turned into a VC sourpuss but I'd go less expensive than more expensive -- unless I was exposed to some indisputable evidence to support the pricier formulations.
Good luck with this, Agent OO CAT Very Happy
Pudoodles
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm still debating which to get. Pudoodles, the CellularSkin RX is the one that stopped working for me. I paid about $35 for it. Harummphhh! I don't want to try making my own as I'm pretty useless at DIY. So far, SkinMedica = a small fortune, Skinceuticals, PSF or Candessence = worth investigating. I need the light to shine on one product (yeah, yeah, I know, everybody is different etc... When did choosing a vit C get so complicated??!)
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Don't know if this helps at all, but I'm going to try the Candessence triple c serum when my current one runs out. I've tried cellularskinrx, psf 20%, cellex-c advanced, skinceuticals 20% and IS Clinical Proheal so far and actually liked them all, although I tend to like the more watery formulas (skinceuticals, Proheal) the best.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I'm still debating which to get. Pudoodles, the CellularSkin RX is the one that stopped working for me. I paid about $35 for it. Harummphhh! I don't want to try making my own as I'm pretty useless at DIY. So far, SkinMedica = a small fortune, Skinceuticals, PSF or Candessence = worth investigating. I need the light to shine on one product (yeah, yeah, I know, everybody is different etc... When did choosing a vit C get so complicated??!)

Laughing I know!!!! Why don't you give Candessence a shot? I've never tried it but it gets all-round 5 star raves...I'd probably give it a go.....anyways, my fingers are crossed for you - I'm very genuinely interested in hearing which way you go (cuz I just might follow!)
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I guess I'm pickier about C and am willing to pay for sophisticated formulations, since C is so notoriously unstable. I don't think the price of SkinMedica is bad at all! I'd rather pay more for a C that remains stable than one that needs to be used up in a few weeks time because ingredients aren't buffered/coated/chelated or whatever in order to retard degradation. Well-formulated C serum can last for months before turning. This may be something to factor-in for those who are price-conscious.

Having said that, I think if Prevage agrees with one's skin (it didn't with mine -- I found the original formula to be sticky, pore-clogging and it also balled up on me but the newer formula may be totally different), it's a comparable anti-oxidant in the same league with C.

But there are many antioxidants! Tangal touches on this in one of her topics -- maybe the C primer. If not, then in her pH guide. Both are worth reading.

BTW Agent, I'm very curious how you determined your C stopped working? What changes did you experience?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi m.april, one day I developped an allergic reaction (red hives-like patches) which fortunately went away after 20 min-1 hour. After much debate, the verdict was that the C serum hadn't gone off because it still looked and smelled the same. Since then, I have been wary and used it only occasionally. Some days would be fine, other days my face would sting and become red. I tried various things - space peels and C serum etc but in the end the CellularSkin RX met its demise in the trash can. I didn't even bother keeping the bottle.

fifi, are you going for Candy's triple C? I'm a bit worried that it'd be "too strong" for me. Does sound pretty good though.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm definitely going to go straight for the triple C (unless she has a quadruple C available by the time I order Laughing ). I don't tend to be sensitive though, I always go for the strongest serum I can find.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
This isn't a review of the triple C since I only used it this morning for the first time, but I love the texture (liquid but not completely watery like cellex-c). I got a glow for the first time using a c serum. The difference from other serums is that I don't get that tight feeling, where I feel I need to slather on something else right away.Did I mention the glow?

I love skinmedica serum as well. Luckily, it's stable so I can experiment with other serums & still have it as a backup. It's also great when travelling. But, with Candy's, I saw an immediate difference which I love AND it's definitely cheaper. It's also easier to layer with other products. That said, I have resilient skin & 20% is no concern-the higher the better. It's only day 1, but so far it's definitely a keeper. Candy, keep brewin' Wink
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love Candessence Triple C.
Sinks in, not oily, no irritation, and I have a very sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
l like vit.c c&c from JB,no peoblem with my oily and sensitive skin Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
This isn't a review of the triple C since I only used it this morning for the first time, but I love the texture (liquid but not completely watery like cellex-c). I got a glow for the first time using a c serum. The difference from other serums is that I don't get that tight feeling, where I feel I need to slather on something else right away.Did I mention the glow?

I love skinmedica serum as well. Luckily, it's stable so I can experiment with other serums & still have it as a backup. It's also great when travelling. But, with Candy's, I saw an immediate difference which I love AND it's definitely cheaper. It's also easier to layer with other products. That said, I have resilient skin & 20% is no concern-the higher the better. It's only day 1, but so far it's definitely a keeper. Candy, keep brewin' Wink

Marina, I'm so excited you got the glow!!! What else do you do? What do you put on top? How long do you wait etc.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I just put dmae 6% on top...trying not to put much else since I want to see what the serum does. I'm going to try again this morning and report back-hopefully before my girls get their hands on the computer! I love it when a product gives you immediate as well as long term benefits.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
waiting with abated breath!!! Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
You can breathe again...second day & it's great. I got the glow again...I don't mean I'm shiny (that wouldn't be good). My skin looks healthier and..I don't know how to explain this..but my makeup 'takes' better. I don't look washed out anymore..just bright. All this in a product that sinks right in..no oily after-feel. It also feels soothing when applied. Go forth & order..I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

BTW, for a more eloquent & animated review, please see Katee's post.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |