Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
2 week review for Ecrinal Fortifying Eyelash Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used any other eyelash growth product before and this is my first product review anywhere so I hope I make sense...

This is a thick clear viscous liquid, and the applicator is the mascara type. The liquid makes my eyelashes look glossy and and thicker. For my purpsoes I think I would prefer an eyeliner type applicator. There is perfume in the product, which I don't like. However the product did not cause any bad irritation. I put in on my lashes before I go to bed to avoid any irritation. I wake up with more eye secretions with this product. At about 8 days I noticed that I sprouted 3/4 eyelashes on the bottom. I can tell these are new growths because they are below my normal lash line, and they are finer and look straggly, my normal lashes are straight and thicker. At two weeks I noticed a few more of these straggly eyelashes. I don't really notice any eyelash growth on the top Confused The only thing I notice is that I seem to have a lot of much shorter lashes among longer lashes Question I don't remember my eyelashes being that way before, but honestly I didn't scrutinize them that closely. So now it's like I am wearing false eyelashes, with the shorter eyelashes the real ones, but they are all real. For both upper and lower lashes I do not notice any increase in length. My baseline for upper lashes are between 5-8 mm ( I pulled them out and measured them because I want to be accurate Razz ) and I have about 3-5 rows of them.

My goal is to have longer lashes so I can bat them at myself Laughing

So at 14 days I still don't know whether this product will deliver.

I paid about $25 Canadian for this product.

ETA: Darn! I goofed, I put this in the wrong forum Embarassed Maybe the mods can move this? Sorry !
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your sharing. It helps a lot.
I'm currently using talika, works not bad.
i shall try the one you recommend in the future.
Bad Grin
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review moocheez, I was wondering if this product was good.

Maybe you could give us an update in another couple of weeks?

I've been using the Ardells and I notice my lashes are definitely more lustrous and thicker looking.

I just got Revitalash for christmas so I'll let you know how I get on with that.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Moocheez wrote:
ETA: Darn! I goofed, I put this in the wrong forum Embarassed Maybe the mods can move this? Sorry !

FYI - I've submitted a request for the mods to move this thread to the Prod Review forum.

P.S. You did a very good job for your first review! Very Happy Here's hoping it will be the first of many....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moochez--very nice descriptions! I am using JM at night and ardell in the morning but never brush ardell onto my lash line, i just use it as a lash conditioner. i have been thinking of doing this in the day time instead. are you spreading the ecrinal on your lash line? if so, what are you using? I was thinking of using a toothpick but i am too scared i will poke my eye out Laughing . i probably need to get a separate eyeliner brush for just this purpose.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Moochez--very nice descriptions! I am using JM at night and ardell in the morning but never brush ardell onto my lash line, i just use it as a lash conditioner. i have been thinking of doing this in the day time instead. are you spreading the ecrinal on your lash line? if so, what are you using? I was thinking of using a toothpick but i am too scared i will poke my eye out Laughing . i probably need to get a separate eyeliner brush for just this purpose.

If you are very careful and gentle, you can just use the spooly wand to apply the serum to your lashline -- that's what I did back when I was using Talika and Mavala: Just turn the spooly wand on it's end like a "pointer" and then gently dab the point along your lashline to deposit the "juice."

Of course, getting a separate eyeliner brush would probably be easier (and safer!) -- just remember to keep it clean and sterile by washing it with an antibacterial soap and HOT water after each use to ensure you don't transfer any contaminents into the tube of lash serum with each application....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie--I am gonna try your method and see if i can avoid poking my eyeballs. thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Moocheez! -Another interesting lash serum.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Update: It's now four weeks. There is noticeable growth on the lower lashes, it's longer and denser. The new straggly fine lashes grew thicker and darker and straightened out. For the upper lashes, I don't think it's grown by much, at the most about 2mm, and I do notice they look denser. The curly shorter lashes I noticed at 2 weeks seem to have disappeared - I assume they have grown longer and blended with the other lashes.

One thing I am happy with is that my lashes looks darker and glossier than before.

I don't know if this product will produce the spectacular results of the JM or Revitalash, it appears that some members achieved more significant results at 4 weeks using the other products.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

sorry, somehow I missed this. The applicator is the mascara type. I prefer a direct application to the lash line, so I cleaned out (91% alcohol) a lipstick brush (any fine brush will do) but preferably with a cover to avoid contamination, we are dealing with stuff that get into our eyes here so we can't be too careful. I was going to to use a lipgloss applicator but I didn't have time to buy a new one and washing on old one out is not as easy I as thought. Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Moocheez.

So it's an improvement, and you are quite pleased with it, but not anything to write home about, is that about right?
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Thanks for the update Moocheez.

So it's an improvement, and you are quite pleased with it, but not anything to write home about, is that about right?

I guess that about sums it up. I don't know how long the doubling in length some members posted about took ? And whether this product will achieve the same level of success. I guess only time will tell. One is supposed to wait 3 months for the JM to see the results, though it seemed members achieve the results much sooner.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Moocheez,
Where in Canada did you buy this product (please tell me its in the vancouver area)!

I have been looking all over with no luck!

Thanks
CG
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Moocheez,
Where in Canada did you buy this product (please tell me its in the vancouver area)!

Thanks
CG

I really like this also. I was buying from my local SDM and they longer carry it.
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Moocheez,

Thanks
CG

I gave up trying to find Ecrinal in Canada, and ended up purchasing on eBay for approx $20.00 (shipping was expensive though).
The seller has been running "buy It Now" auctions, of multiple tubes, for quite awhile now.
HTH,

CGZ
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am in Toronto right now and I just checked in. My daughter bought the Ecrinal for me at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Toronto. Not all SDM stock them, I think the best bet are the ones with the beauty centers, where they sell Avene, LRP and other more expensive lines.

I saw them for sale on eBay for $18 plus shipping as well.

I will look around here in Toronto a bit more if I can and let you know.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I thought u are supposed to apply to the lashes like mascara, not on the lashline.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Canadians- I went looking at my local SDM and they don't have it, i will try the SDM beauty boutique in a few days and hopefully they carry it!!!

I hate ordering from ebay so that will be my last resort!

thanks again
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I visited 3 Shoppers in Toronto, and only one carried it, downtown on 728 Yonge St. Store #950, 416-920-0098.

The SA there said it's a popular line and they stock it regularly but she does not know how to find other stores that carry the line. She suggested calling corporate. How I found this store was by calling each store and talking to the SA.

Lucy: I think since I want growth, which comes from the roots it's more efficient to put the serum on the lash line rather than the lashes. Putting the stuff on the lashes gives more of a conditioning effect, IMO. My bare lashes are quick glossy and dark now.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |