Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Your favorite Pimple/spot treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been using PTR's Acne gel (AHA/BHA) for awhile and wonder if you guys can rec something that works for spot treating faster?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I always apply a dab of Tea Tree Essential Oil and within a few days the spot has cleared or reduced significantly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Using the highest percentage of Vit E oil I can find, I rub a generous amount on the spot as soon as I notice it developing. I do this 2-3 times during the day & always at nite.

Usually by next morning & depending on size of the demon, it has almost disappeared. If not, repeat 2nd day/nite.

I find this also works really well for scratches, cuts, blisters etc. Just dries them up...

I keep Vit E oil around largely for this purpose & current bottle is Sally Hansen's cuticle and nail Vit E oil at 4000 internat'l units!!
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
i usually grab my ever-gentle exfol serum (2% salicylic acid @3.2 ph - aloe base) more of a gel.
this is my first choice, 'cause it's not drying.
exfol serum is a fabulous leave on bha for all over use, too.

or if I feel I need something stronger, i'll grab my 2% (1.9 ph) SA - alcohol base.

a dab usually does the trick for me, clears 'em right up
- I call them my "buh-bye" potion for pimples.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I just mash myself up a bit of aspirin with water...if I put it on before bed, by morning the offender is usually just about gone!
Pudoodles
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Seconding Rosebud's tea tree oil suggestion. I use that at the first sign of a blemish, and it usually clears up overnight.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
PSF acne mud for night spot treating.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Dab some tea tree oil on there along with pearl paste to go on top.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the lowest Retrinal. I spot treat with the next level up. Things don't disappear overnight, but this has helped them come to head sooner or flake away sooner.
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I say avoid alcohol at all costs... Best Bath Store's acne treatment gel works best for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
First I exfoliate the spot with some kind of solution like 10% lactic, or a pumpkin peel gel, or something...nothing grainy. Then I mix a drop of castor oil (drawing) & a drop of lavendar (anti-inflammatory) and put that on. Follow up with (night time) a dab of a spot-treatment sulfur mask (Zia makes one) or mash up an aspirin, make a paste, and glob that on. For day time I put on some of the BestBathWorks acne serum prior to coverup.

For those ones that get really sore on occasion, the ones you can feel coming before they appear -- I have some water-filled plastic ice cubes that I keep in the freezer (their real purpose is for party drinks I guess) but I use them for those 'hot spots.' I wrap a frozen cube in a dry face cloth, tuck a rubber band or hair band around the cube to keep it in place, and go to sleep with the cold area against the sore spot, after I do the above treatment. I've kept some potential cysts from getting too bad this way. I used to use real ice cubes but would wake up with cold water all over my pj's, so these plastic cubes work much better.
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
tea tree oil works. but if its a real killer and you have to get rid of it asap for the next day toothepaste or shaving cream lest on the spot over night will do it. spot test first though for a few hours to made sure your skin doesnt react.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
A sulfur mask always helped when I used to break out.
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
what do you put in that?? and what goes in an asprin mask i keep seeing everywhere on this website?? Very Happy
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat, you mean the BestBathStore serum that you found out about on this site right? I love that stuff!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Aussiegirl, do a search of the DIY recipes page and you'll find variations of aspirin masks, washes, etc.

Annak212nyc, my mistake! I did mean BestBathStore. Their acne serum is great; not drying or irritating, helps w/quick healing, and really diminishes redness of those after-zit red spots that can linger on fair-skinned folks like me.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl,

I'm not sure if you mean the sulfur mask? I bought that from Sephora. It's a DDF brand.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
i use tea tree oil or jurlique blemish cream to spot treat.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
oh i forgot la roche posay's effiance k.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
i usually grab my ever-gentle exfol serum (2% salicylic acid @3.2 ph - aloe base) more of a gel.
this is my first choice, 'cause it's not drying.
exfol serum is a fabulous leave on bha for all over use, too.

or if I feel I need something stronger, i'll grab my 2% (1.9 ph) SA - alcohol base.

Where do you get this second stronger BHA from?
summer1
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mario Badescu drying lotion works really quickly.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:

Where do you get this second stronger BHA from?

I've been using the hydroxy acids from diana yvonne.

the 2% (1.9 ph):
http://dianayvonne.com/product/CSE40_2

the 5% (1.9 ph):
http://dianayvonne.com/product/CSE69_2

the entire peel/exfoliator page:
http://dianayvonne.com/category/16/

I've never tried the products below and don't know the full ingredient list,
but I've seen them recommended on this forum - and they look good.
scroll down for the 2% and 5% (approx. ph 2):
http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/exfoliants.htm
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
5% salicilic solution from DY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Me too...

Pudoodles wrote:
I just mash myself up a bit of aspirin with water...if I put it on before bed, by morning the offender is usually just about gone!
Pudoodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay's Effaclar K and Carekate's Bump Blasting serum.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |