Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can any one recomend bare escentuals makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I wondered if anyone else has used these products and can give me some feedback on them? Im not sure what skin colour i am though. I am a brunett and i do tan easily in the summer, i usually wear a medium powder from a differt brand, but often wonder if this is the right colour or not. Can anyone give me some advise :?:

Thanks

Becz21
Mabsy

Wed May 19, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I've used it before (and still do sometimes). It's quite good but you have to get the application method right or it will look pasty and obvious. It's not too hard to learn how to use it, just takes a few times to practice that's all. Matching the color based on the info you provided will be hard though.

You could use the foundation shade page http://members.lycos.co.uk/chiaxx/foundation.html to see if you can match yourself with a foundation you are already using, figure out your skin colour category, and then click on cheek colour and select Bare Minerals/Escentuals and see what the suggested shade is.

HTH
Mabsy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I am also using the BE mineral make up and some of its eye shadow, I like their e/s much more than the foundation, the application technique is not hard to learn but the problem (for myself) is the consistency of the coverage! Sometimes, I can get the right coverage (I always look for sheer to light covreage), but the other time, it can be totally wrong (this is when I keep buffing and biffing the foundation on)! But if you can manipulate the application technique, I believe it's a good option for make up!

I am not sure if it's my case only, but for some reason, the mineral make up does emphasize my pores which are not really that obvious, but with the mineral, they just show up! I think maybe this is abt application technique again Crying or Very sad !

However, I do like their mineral veil, it's universal for all skin tones! sometimes, I would go back to liquid foundation and use the mineral veil to set the foundation.
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Would you recomend any other products then? I dont like to wear liquid foundation though, im still in my twenties and i prefer the light powder effect really
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bicz21 Smile I too have used BE in the past, the very lightest they have to offer, I believe its the 1.2 but still found it to be a bit too dark for my fair/pale skin. I do occasionally use it if my skin has a bit of color from being outside and I want to blend it. But I've since been using more often the Jane Iredale's minerals, cool sand and do prefer it over the BE. I have to say though, that since using either brand, I haven't broken out with acne since using mineral makeup. I will never use liquid again Exclamation
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2004 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, i will bare all your feedback in mind! What is the glee, true and bisque like?
Mabsy

Thu May 20, 2004 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I'd also recommend Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals. I know you said you don't want to use foundation, but this is basically mineral powder suspended in gel (with Co-Q10 etc). Nice, sheer AND good for your skin! Only problem is you can't get samples of this because of the formulation (powder spheres in gel which get squished and mixed as you pump it out).

Fantasia - BE now has a "fair" #1 which is actually very pale. That might suit you better than the 1.2 perhaps?

Mabsy
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy!

Have you used any of the other products from BE like the clear radiance or the glee?

Becz21
Mabsy

Fri May 21, 2004 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Sorry haven't used either of those - I'm really temped to try Radiance though. It sounds similar to BeneFit Dandelion (which I really like), plus BabyFish raves about it Smile
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2004 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Is the Benefit cosmetics line good then?
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2004 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, really? great, will keep that in mind that BE now has a lighter color, yahoo!

Becz, even though I've switched over to Jane Iredale coverage, I still use BE glee. I love it the color and it feels so light on my face. But you do have to reapply it after a few hours but that's ok b/c you only have to use a small amount on the brush. I also recommend BE mineral veil. Again you just have to use a tiny bit but it nicely blends everything together.
Smile
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2004 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Fantasia :!:

I always have trouble with make up because i dont like using liquids and i find that because i only use powder foundations i either get the colour wrong or it just doesnt look right :(

That Jane Iredale foundation seems to have a lot of positive things said about it, but i wonder if i would end up getting the wrong colour :?:

Becz21
Glow
5% products discount

Fri May 21, 2004 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
hiii,

i've tried BE and for a while was really into it, but now switched to Sothys Liquid Foundation and have never been happier with the results. I don't think Sothys foundation is all mineral, but it feels like it's actually good for the skin... Now I just wear tinted moist. with a little BE powder on top for day time. And at night i posh it up Cool by using sothys liquid foundation and a little bronzer on top

it's friday Dancing
party time!!
Mabsy

Sat May 22, 2004 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Becz21 wrote:
Is the Benefit cosmetics line good then?

I like SOME of their products, others just seem very gimmicky. I have quite a few BeneFit things now (it's a recent thing for me Rolling Eyes ) and my faves are the Dandelion (probably only good if you're pale like me Smile), BrowZings, IT stick (again, only if you're pale), Eye Bright. High Beam is a nice highlighter but nothing overly special that you couldn't get from another brand.

The ones I'm not impressed with AT ALL are: Georgia (useless even on my super pale skin!), LemonAid (again, just can't get it to do what the description says it does).

I also have the Boi-ing concelaer (bought years ago when I was in NY). It's quite good but a bit dry. I've since switched to Jane Iredale Circle Delete.

HTH
Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |