Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
A guid New Year tae ane an aw !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
A guid New Year tae ane an aw,
An mony may ye see!
An durin aw the years tae come,
O happy may ye be!
An may ye nee'er hae cause tae murn,
Tae sigh or shed a tear!
Tae ane an aw, baith great an sma,
A hertie, Guid New Year!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Lovely. Can we have a translation?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Juls, the same to you !
Oh Scotland - lovely country, lovely folk, lovely single malts. Which part of Scotland do you come from ?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Lovely. Can we have a translation?

While the literal translation may not be obvious, the well wishes and kindness being extended by Scottishjuls is crystal clear. No need to "translate" for me, Scottishjuls - you are a sweetie!
Pudoodles
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Happy New Year to everybody!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Happy Hogmanay!

I remember when my husband-to-be-then first came to stay at this time of year when I lived back home up north, and his complete bemusement at being asked to firstfoot the neighbours with a piece of coal. I'm sure he thought we must all be suffering from bizarre after-effects of the night before. Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, a happy hogmanay to everyone! I'm always a bit grumpy at New Year's these days (think it's a sign of old age), so this reminder of old Scottish celebrations has cheered me right up!
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
To those a bit confused heres a translation :-

A good New Year to one and all,
And many may you see!
And during all the years to come,
O happy may you be!
And may you never have cause to grieve,
To sigh or shed a tear!
To one and all, both great and small,
A hearty, Good New Year!

Happy Hogmanay to one and all !

I'm from Edinburgh by the way - and it looks like Hogmanay is going to be a washout this year with the gale force winds and rain dont think the celebrations up at the Castle will be going ahead - For me its a night in front of the telly with the family and a nice bottle of champers! CHEERS !
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
That sounds like a lovely way to see in the New Year - have fun!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
happy hogmanay, Scottishjuis! i may not be in scotland, but i'm celebrating here with my glaswegian.... will raise a bottle to one and all (though i'm an hour ahead of most of you, no?) at midnight as the Tour Eiffel lights up!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Scottishjuls - what a beautiful sentiment, and a very happy New Year and Hogmanay to you too! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Happy New Year everyone! I just logged on to see if there was a thread where I could wish my online friends happy new year and this one started beautifully Smile I hope you all have a wonderful evening!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scottishjuls,
Thanks for that. I didn't need a translation. I was in Edinburgh myself a few weeks ago. Beautiful place to be. Although we actually stayed in Berwick & drove up to see friends. Have a fantastic hogmanay. I love Scotland it is so gorgeous.

No peeking under anybody's kilt. Oh go on then after all it is new year. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls that was lovely, we've got the same weather down here at the other end of the country and we are also staying in infront of the telly with a bottle of champers.

Happy New Year to all.

Sarah Smile
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I tried reading the post out loud. It was fun Laughing . Thanks, Happy New Year!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
A guid New Year tae ane an aw,
An mony may ye see!
An durin aw the years tae come,
O happy may ye be!
An may ye nee'er hae cause tae murn,
Tae sigh or shed a tear!
Tae ane an aw, baith great an sma,
A hertie, Guid New Year!

I just read this aloud to my husband, too. He rolled his eyes and said he had no idea what I'd just said. So I punted:

A good New Year to one and all,
And money may you see!
And during all the years to come,
Oh happy may you be!
And may you never have cause to mourn,
To sigh or shed a tear!
To one and all, both great and small,
A hearty, Good New Year!

Lovely! I like it best in the original. Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy
Happy New Year!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Canadian but my mom is from Bo'ness so Scotland holds a special place for me! I have such fond memories of Christmas as a child - I'd get the Beano and Judy Annuals along with some Iron Bru and a box of Edinburgh Rock! Yum!!! oh ya - and who could forget Oor Wullie!!! GREAT STUFF!!!
Pudoodles
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
great poeme ! happy new year to all Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Happy New Year to you all....best go and try to sober up now Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
After reading posts for a couple of months, I feel that I have come to know you all, at least as much as is possible through this medium.

For you, mes amis, I wish a New Year filled with good health, increased prosperity and the love of your family.

Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Poetic.

I'm sitting in front of my computer with a glass of Diet Dr. Pepper...champagne makes me flush Embarassed

Happy New Year to all!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
It is a great poem but I am glad that you did translate because I got stuck on the second last line but the rest was fine.
Happy New Year to all and may it be your best year ever. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
on the more amusing front:

French marchers say 'non' to 2007

The demonstrators took French restiveness to extremes. Hundreds of protesters in France have rung in the New Year by holding a light-hearted march against it. Parodying the French readiness to say "non", the demonstrators in the western city of Nantes waved banners reading: "No to 2007" and "Now is better!"

The marchers called on governments and the UN to stop time's "mad race" and declare a moratorium on the future.

The protest was held in the rain and organisers joked that even the weather was against the New Year.

The tension mounted as the minutes ticked away towards midnight - but the arrival of 2007 did nothing to dampen their enthusiasm.

The protesters began to chant: "No to 2008!"

They vowed to stage a similar protest on 31 December 2007 on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6222153.stm
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
on the more amusing front:

French marchers say 'non' to 2007

The demonstrators took French restiveness to extremes. Hundreds of protesters in France have rung in the New Year by holding a light-hearted march against it. Parodying the French readiness to say "non", the demonstrators in the western city of Nantes waved banners reading: "No to 2007" and "Now is better!"

The marchers called on governments and the UN to stop time's "mad race" and declare a moratorium on the future.

The protest was held in the rain and organisers joked that even the weather was against the New Year.

The tension mounted as the minutes ticked away towards midnight - but the arrival of 2007 did nothing to dampen their enthusiasm.

The protesters began to chant: "No to 2008!"

They vowed to stage a similar protest on 31 December 2007 on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6222153.stm

Fantastic! I love that French sense of humour. Laughing

When we lived there, I used to call it "le pays des grèves" - which didn't go down too well, I'm afraid. Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |