Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
You have to work hard to earn it...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I typed that saying in another post. After reading other people post, and re-reading mine, I had some doubts about this line that was part of my post.

Have you ever experienced that you work so hard but you never get ahead?
For example: People who know how to kiss ass always get ahead or who creates politics at work always get ahead but you play it safe and you don't get ahead?
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Your post reminds me of the saying "nice guys finish last" Shock

Yep I'm one of those "nice" guys...lol.

I tend to agree with what you said, although in my heart I believe what "goes around, comes around"...hehe to the arse kissers. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree with you becuase I have seen people who have lost their jobs because others were mean and the other person did not see it coming.
I can't stand those mean people but they always get away with it.
Lola33
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I hate butt kissers. They are so annoying.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, arse kissers are inevitable and are especially frustrating when they "get away with murder". I do believe in karma however and this belief keeps me sane in knowing that my hard work, even if I am the "nice guy", will present to me rewards I know I deserve and appreciate.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Of course, I have experienced before and have seen it daily base at work.

It's not a perfect world. I just keep talking to myself, hang in there!

Some people is annoying. I have earful of psycho babbles from them earler today, but this is what I got for now.

Who said that(it might be Clinton?! not sure)..there are too many enemies out there, I cannot kill all of them, so I just tried to make them my friends.. not exactly what he said, but similar meaning I think.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
.....the "ones" at work are most notorious....I've realized that changing jobs doesn't really help either....since there is at last "one" in every office Laughing I try to deal with them by being very careful about what I say and do...(these people tend to try to sabotage the efforts of others as well!!!)..My favourite saying comes from my Dad..."Lie low - you can't fall off the floor"
Pudoodles
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I disagree with you becuase I have seen people who have lost their jobs because others were mean and the other person did not see it coming.
I can't stand those mean people but they always get away with it.

I agree with you.
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote
Quote:
.....the "ones" at work are most notorious....I've realized that changing jobs doesn't really help either....since there is at last "one" in every office

and they always seem to have a protege, if you're lucky enough to be rid of one, another one steps in!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
... My favourite saying comes from my Dad..."Lie low - you can't fall off the floor"
Pudoodles

That's CLASSIC! Truly a t-shirt-worthy saying and very sound advice!
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
OMG - that's exactly what I'm going through at work right now... not being able to get ahead. I'm currently an assistant, but am looking for work in my field (communications). I have a feeling it's about people not being able to see that I could do more... I'm young, I'm a woman, I should just remain an assistant. Brick wall

Well, to hell with all that! I'm not working my butt off getting an education to be an assistant the rest of my life (not that there's anything wrong with being an assistant, it's just that I've been there/done that and need to move on to something else).

Pfew... that felt good to get that out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
OMG - that's exactly what I'm going through at work right now... not being able to get ahead. I'm currently an assistant, but am looking for work in my field (communications). I have a feeling it's about people not being able to see that I could do more... I'm young, I'm a woman, I should just remain an assistant. Brick wall

Well, to hell with all that! I'm not working my butt off getting an education to be an assistant the rest of my life (not that there's anything wrong with being an assistant, it's just that I've been there/done that and need to move on to something else).

Pfew... that felt good to get that out!

Power to ya! Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hang in there! If you work for a place that doesn't appreciate good and honest hard work then there are always options to leave. It's about finding the right place, right corporate culture (and right pay too). If you spend 5 days a week with the same people, you might as well enjoy it. Wink
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
People like this are everywhere, but then it's true what you put forth comes back to you. So these people may get away now, but the time will come when they will pay. I also believe if it happened to you and you had to leave it only means something better is in store for you at another place.

I know. I've seen it happen. My friend lost her job (she was made to quit) after a backstabbing arse-licking stupid cow badmouthed her to her boss. MY friend is now at her new place and word has got around that this cow (after two years) has shown her true colours to everyone and now is losing popularity and will soon lose her job.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
this happens at my work place... the people at work like to talk so much shit about everyone, the employees, the management, the upper management, the owners, even the customers when they are actually around. i work very hard at my job and choose not to participate in such negative talk and keep myself busy with work while everyone else stands around and slacks off and gossips and act like fools. i was always taught that hard work will be recognized at least if not rewarded, but lately i have learned that this is not the case. i honestly don't think most people have the capacity or the WILLINGNESS to sepearate professionalism vs. social pleasure. if you are working with people/company that has low to no work ethic/integrity then they will surely not uphold such positive values. i actually get discriminated against and attacked by my coworkers because i always keep myself busy with tasks at work and don't "have fun" (as in participate in their shit talking circle). in this case yeah obviously i'd rather work than take a gossip break.. is that really something to be discriminated against? im actually kinda confused about that one.

sadly it seems that relationships/connections will get you ahead moreso than hard work and integrity now adays.. people at work who are as vile and indulge our negative supervisor in gossip are favored and the people who work hard and don't add any gossip get discriminated against.

i also think that if you dont feel good or feel right being there then its probably not the place for you; i had a feeling in my heart everyday since december that this was not right and now i am in looking for better and more positive work place. i am happy i have freedom now instead of stress and resentment for people that are slackers/shit talkers get rewarded. i think now, unless you align yourself with a company or manager who has the same or similar values/integrity/goals as you, you won't be truely happy. thats what i'm looking for next
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, SMQueen, for such a young'un, you sure are wise! I agree with everything you've said and have in fact experienced (either directly or indirectly, through friend's experiences) what you spoke about in your post.

It seems to me that the "corporate culture" of the place you work does not align in any way, shape or form with your own personal work ethic. I sincerely doubt you will have a hard time finding a job in a much better place that will thank their lucky stars they have you!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Have you ever experienced that you work so hard but you never get ahead?
For example: People who know how to kiss ass always get ahead or who creates politics at work always get ahead but you play it safe and you don't get ahead?

I used to feel that way, and I think it was true to a great extent at the company I used to work for. You got ahead if you were friends with the right people. Then I changed companies and now where I work, it's the quiet people who are competent, get things done, and are pleasant to work with who get the opportunities and rewards. So the culture of the place you work makes a difference, in my experience.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Yesssss!!! I understand...I've been trying to find work in another district for years, but that's near to impossible. So, then I decide to try for a job within our district and that didn't work either. Sad I'm stuck with the same pay. Crying or Very sad
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I hate butt kissers! This one girl at my work has butt kissed her way to the top, while "delegating" all of her work to junior people (like me).

I'm finally getting ahead in my work now (no butt kissing involved). But now I find that other people are so jealous and think that I am some sort of butt kisser.

For the new position that I just got, I went to 2 years of extra school (part time while still working) and stayed countless late nights at work and even came in on weekends For 4 years). Now that I have been recognized, all of these people who have never put in extra effort at work, and always left on time or early to go home are jealous and think that I am some sort of butt kisser and that they should have this position and not me. Most of them haven't even been with the company for as long as I have.
They don't even have the education for it and they are still saying this stuff!

I think if your a butt kisser or not, once you start getting ahead, there is always going to be someone who is jealous and thinks that you do not deserve the opportunity that you have been given. Its human nature

Brick wall
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I hate butt kissers! This one girl at my work has butt kissed her way to the top, while "delegating" all of her work to junior people (like me).

I'm finally getting ahead in my work now (no butt kissing involved). But now I find that other people are so jealous and think that I am some sort of butt kisser.

For the new position that I just got, I went to 2 years of extra school (part time while still working) and stayed countless late nights at work and even came in on weekends For 4 years). Now that I have been recognized, all of these people who have never put in extra effort at work, and always left on time or early to go home are jealous and think that I am some sort of butt kisser and that they should have this position and not me. Most of them haven't even been with the company for as long as I have.
They don't even have the education for it and they are still saying this stuff!

I think if your a butt kisser or not, once you start getting ahead, there is always going to be someone who is jealous and thinks that you do not deserve the opportunity that you have been given. Its human nature

Brick wall

Human nature... I guess so. You would think that people would realize how much more time, energy and money (all of course in the good, right way) you have put into bettering your career. What is wrong with people?! Ugh! Rolling Eyes

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |