Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Use paper, electronic, or computer calendar/datebook?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: What type of calendar/datebook do you use primarily?

paper
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
electronic (handheld)
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
computer
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 38

marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I ditched my Palm Pilot in 2007 for a paper planner. Too much was falling through the cracks for me because I would forget to charge the Palm, forget to enter things, forget to turn it on to check what needed to happen. Plus, I love the feeling of accomplishment I get from checking something/appointment off my list. I really missed that when I used my Palm.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm torn. I put myself down for electronic as I'm now trying to keep all my calendar stuff on my Blackberry (linked with my computer), BUT I still find that I am not perfect about keeping it up to date. I used to use a paper daytimer and I think I actually prefer that to electronic when it comes down to it. I just like having everything in one place and thought that once I get into using the electronic device, it will be better. I had a Palm before this that I tried using, but it was the same thing ... didn't use it as often as I should and I also ran into the problem of forgetting to charge it! Atleast with this Blackberry now, I have to keep it charged since I need it as a phone. Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Good old paper for me. I love being able to flip through papers and writing in different colour pens. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Have to use PDA. Very Happy

I once had a Franklin Covey, but instead of writing my notes in it, I kept adding post-its and tucking miscellaneous paper bits into it. Embarassed

The thing ended up weighing over one pound. Seriously! Shock

My IT guy had to subject me to an intervention to wean me off the paper. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still living in the 20th century Exclamation
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use my HTC MDA - its a cell phone/computer/Palm Pilot-like device that does everything except make coffee. It has a Windows Mobile based system. I had a Trio that used Palm technology and was pretty much the same as my MDA, but unfortunately it committed suicide by leaping out of my hand and falling - HARD - face first onto the pavement with a gigantic splat. And of course, I hadn't updated/linked it to my computer it in a month or so, so to this day God only knows what I lost when it broke!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Paper for me.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
i still use paper, i can't get used to using a pda. it's just so much faster flipping through an organizer than using the stylus pen to click page after page
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I have everything on my computer and would be lost without it - I do sync it up to a pda as well though which goes in my handbag so I can always access it wherever I am.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I still use paper, it's more convenient for me.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Paper. I like to write things down, its comforting for some odd reason.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Paper, definitely. I like writing, and pens, and calendars with pictures on, and diaries with a ribbon to mark the page.

All the old fashioned stuff!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Paper, definitely. I like writing, and pens, and calendars with pictures on, and diaries with a ribbon to mark the page.

All the old fashioned stuff!

I totally agree, its like some weird "fix" for me! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
paper, easy to carry, easy to dispose of and all at a glance....doesn't run battery down and is cheap Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
paper, easy to carry, easy to dispose of and all at a glance....doesn't run battery down and is cheap Laughing

Yes,me too.. Laughing
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Paper.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Paper. I like to flip pages and rip the corners hehe

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use my computer and am supposed to sync my Treo (mobile phone with Palm software) but never do...and they have these really nice peacock blue croc diaries in Smythson...it's so tempting..
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I still use paper but my fiance uses his blackberry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use both paper and computer, but donot like PDA, it is not easy to carry on.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a paper gal. I can't be bothered to enter things into a computer calendar and having a hard copy on paper avoids me accidentally deleting something important. Plus ther are so many pretty calendars and agendas to choose from now that it's a nice way to include art in your day. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use iCal on my Mac, it has this neat little alarm that you can set to go off prior to appointments - just to make sure I don't forget Wink
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Paper, in an old-fashioned three-ring binder.

My assistant uses a computer system. I have her print everything I need and put it in my notebook, and transcribe my assorted notes and scrawls from the notebook into the computer.

I'm not allowed to touch the computer. Embarassed Or drink coffee anywhere near it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Well, at the risk heightening everyone's obsessive tendencies, here goes:

You know how we're all incredibly particular about our skin care and makeup products? Well, I'm that way with pens, pencils, journals, planners and notebooks (and sticky notes, too). As much as I love my iBook laptop for writing papers, I'm a paper and pen girl when it comes to everything else. I am unflinchingly picky abut what I use, from Montblanc fountain pens to Papermate mechanical pens to the color and size of my Post-Its. (Hey, I heard that snicker!!)

After years or putting up with ho-hum planners, I finally glommed on to this wonderful line out of Italy: Moleskine. I love love love my 18-month weekly planner. I can't imagine ever finding anything better, aesthetically or functionally. Their journals and notebooks (and sketchbooks and address books) are also lovely. The only thing in the line I probably won't ever buy/use are the books with graph paper or music bars. The planner for people who need to sketch and write notes is pretty cool.

Don't get me started on pens. I have a horrible fountain pen fetish and those are 5x as expensive as your typical C serum. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
I'm not allowed to touch the computer. Embarassed Or drink coffee anywhere near it!

I shouldn't be allowed to either. I've nasal sprayed too many keyboards to death with caffeined drinks while reading forums such as this during lunch ... one good punchline and thar she blows! Very Happy

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |