Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How many different vitamins do you take each day?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
i ate much before, but now so bored and eat nothing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I take:
Calcium
MSM
flax seed oil
Evening Primrose
B6
Vitamin A
Acidphilous
Zinc with copper
cranberry Extract

I have to eat before and an hour or so afterwards as they are so hard on my stomach. I usually take them all at once after lunch.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think the RexALL is better because it covers hair, skin nails and has a lot more vitamins in it than the hair pill,however I have found that some walmarts only carry 1 or the other not both you may have to go to different walmarts if you want to try both.....
ColaDrink
5% products discount

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I find taking too much vitamin supplements just makes my pee more expensive Rolling Eyes

So I only take 500 mg vitamin c twice a day and lots of fruits and vegetables.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
For the past year, I have been too lazy to take anything. I should start a routine again. Got lazy about taking care of myself. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin B,
Vitamin c,
DOUBLE-X by AMWAY,
fish oil,
I usually forget to take them!

By the way,I'm 34 years old,should i take Calcium ?Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Evening Primrose oil
Garlic capsule
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I recently started taking Zinc supplements only to find out that if you take zinc without copper, you might end up with a copper defiency - just wanted to warn everyone. Now I have to find a supplement with zinc and copper in it.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
shenpei wrote:
Vitamin B,
Vitamin c,
DOUBLE-X by AMWAY,
fish oil,
I usually forget to take them!

By the way,I'm 34 years old,should i take Calcium ?Thanks!

Yes! Asian women statistically have some of the lowest bone mineral density rates and the highest rates of osteopenia (beginning states of osteoporosis) and osteoporosis itself.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Multi-Vitamin (currently Olay)
Vit C
Calcium
Antioxidant Cocktail (Vitamin Shoppe)
Flax
Fiber tablet
B-12 (place under my tongue)

-Cheri
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I take a probiotic multi-vitamin and Phyto's Phytophanere, a hair/nails supplement that contains EFAs and Omega 3s.
I once tried taking Neurozyme (New Chapter, my favorite) for a couple months before my comprehensive exams for my degree, and that did not help.
I try to get most of my vitamins from food!

For those in the US, New Chapter (from VT Smile ) vitamins are superb.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I take a probiotic multi-vitamin and Phyto's Phytophanere, a hair/nails supplement that contains EFAs and Omega 3s.
I once tried taking Neurozyme (New Chapter, my favorite) for a couple months before my comprehensive exams for my degree, and that did not help.
I try to get most of my vitamins from food!

For those in the US, New Chapter (from VT Smile ) vitamins are superb.

--avalange

Avalange, I've just recently heard about New Chapter from a stylist who did a chlorine buildup removal treatment on my hair (I'll be posting more info on that in one (or all!) of your hair threads!). She said they are whole food and can be taken on an empty stomach. Interesting!

Tell me please, what products from New Chapter do you recommend? I was hoping the brain one would help me study for the LSAT, but apparently you're saying it doesn't work, so I'll save my $!

TIA! Very Happy
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mermaidgirl!

They are great vitamins. Forgive me for being crass, but you don't "pee" them out and they do not make you feel sick if you take them on an empty stomach, and in general, they just do not make you feel like you are processing vitamins in your body. I love Every Woman's once daily--it has everything we need in it, plus a great mix of greens and probiotics that allows us to better use the nutrients in the vitamin. And they are whole food. I swear by them when I'm in the US.

Yes, I tried Neurozyme, and I was still forgetting things by the time my exams came up--that doesn't mean, of course, that it doesn't nourish your brain cells Wink .

I've tried some others, but you know, they are expensive, and I would say that the Every Woman's Once Daily or the Berry Green powder are the best.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Avalange! Yes, I know what you mean about "peeing" all the (alleged) nutrients out of your body ... that's got to be hard on the liver over time and it is a clear (no pun!) signal that you're loading your system with too much and/or your body is not processing it well. I will study the New Chapter vitamins more and make some decisions. They have them at Vitacost.com for a reduced price, so you might want to try to get yours there.

Have you tried any of their mushroom products? They look quite interesting!
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Tangal~ I'd love to hear what supplements you take....I didn't see it here...is it posted elsewhere? Thanks!
lorettapy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin A + E
+ Manuka honey
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I have Mutivitamine,but I always forgot to eat.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
i just recently added MSM from all the raves and have found that it gets me a bit sick to my stomach. any tips for avoiding this? will it pass as i get used to it? TIA
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Besides multivitamine, I also add Dong Quai(Angelicae Sinensis) in my regime because my mom said it's good for me. I am 29 asian. Well, I am not sure if this is good for me, but I am taking it anyway once a day. Any thought?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i just recently added MSM from all the raves and have found that it gets me a bit sick to my stomach. any tips for avoiding this? will it pass as i get used to it? TIA

Maybe you're sensitive to it, so I think you should take it with food, and maybe start off with just 1000 mg twice a day, instead of 2000 mg twice a day. I don't have any prob w/ it but I got a tough stomach. Smile Also someone (probably Tangal) said you're supposed to take MSM with 500 mg of Vit C to be effective.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I take a multi but not for my skin. Used to put flax seed on my cereal (only way I could stand it) but I stopped doing that.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Daily:

- Olay Multi Super Stress Defense (for skin)
- Olay Total Effects Beautiful Skin & Wellness daily packet(comes in covient little plastic packs for on the go!): multiviamin, CoQ10, Vit E, Alpha lipoic W/ green tea
-CLA

Every other day:
-Omega 3 fish oil
-L-Carnitine prior to workout
-L-Glutamine prior and after workout

Okay, the above is the plan . . .but does anyone else simply forget? How do you all remember? Also, sometimes the viatamins make my stomach hurt so I have to wait and take them w/ my lunch and then I'm rushing to eat in the samll time they give us teachers to scarf down food and I forget. Also, one annoying thing about vitamins is that they make me pee more. I find I have more urge to pee after I have taken them and this is not convienet when I a teaching a class. Anyone else have this happen?

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
This is a really great thread!!! I just read the whole thing, and I'll be reading it again and again. I love the whyole supplement thing.

I made a list of everything you ladies all said you took- in caser anyone's interested, here it is:

silica cod liver oil

pycnogenol
hyaluronic acid
Vitamin c
Vitamin e
Fish oil
Calcium
N-acetyl Cystene
Alpha Lypoic Acid
folic acid
flax oil
ginsing
ginko
zinc
SAM- e
borage oil
copper
milk thistle
chlorella
Royal Gelly
vitamin D
CoQ10
grape seed with reversatrol
borage
lecithin
ground flax
Dong Quia
evening primrose oil
Codyceps
lutien
grape seed extract
boron
conjugated linoleic acid
protien powder
Strauss Heart Drops
Inositol(hair)
Biotin (hair)
Selenium (hair)
Zinc Citrate
Calcium Citrate
Magnesium Citrate
vitamin D3
black cohosh
blueberry pills
ALA
Alfal;fa pills
Callodial Siver
oat beta glucan
liver aid
brewers yeast
acidiphilous
cranberry extract

There you have it.... Quite a list!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:
This is a really great thread!!! I just read the whole thing, and I'll be reading it again and again. I love the whyole supplement thing.

I made a list of everything you ladies all said you took- in caser anyone's interested, here it is:

silica cod liver oil

pycnogenol
hyaluronic acid
Vitamin c
Vitamin e
Fish oil
Calcium
N-acetyl Cystene
Alpha Lypoic Acid
folic acid
flax oil
ginsing
ginko
zinc
SAM- e
borage oil
copper
milk thistle
chlorella
Royal Gelly
vitamin D
CoQ10
grape seed with reversatrol
borage
lecithin
ground flax
Dong Quia
evening primrose oil
Codyceps
lutien
grape seed extract
boron
conjugated linoleic acid
protien powder
Strauss Heart Drops
Inositol(hair)
Biotin (hair)
Selenium (hair)
Zinc Citrate
Calcium Citrate
Magnesium Citrate
vitamin D3
black cohosh
blueberry pills
ALA
Alfal;fa pills
Callodial Siver
oat beta glucan
liver aid
brewers yeast
acidiphilous
cranberry extract

There you have it.... Quite a list!

Wow, impressive! At first, I thought YOU were taking all these vitamins. I was about to have a nervous breakdown. lol But when I saw you were compiling a list that everyone was taking, I breathed a sigh of relief.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I only take wild yam supplement during my period. Surprised
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |