Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Scrub and mask , Bad for skin !!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I went on different web site and talk to different people from different company and different contrys. And lot of them agree that if you got a good skincare routine , you dont need to use a scrub or a mask. Some of them even say that it was actualy bad for the skin. So can you tell me what is your point of view and your personnal experience ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Not for me. I like both scrubs and masks. I try not to overdo it but I think that they help.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have to disagree - I find that both masks and scrubs do a whole lot to give my regular skincare routine just that little oomph it needs once in a while.

I could not part with my exfoliation & masks!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree also. My skin is much better with gentle exfoliation and I would never give up my masks. Smile
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have to say I don't agree!
I love using scrubs from YSL, very gentle, very clean.
I also love using masks from differnt brands, it works, brightening and smoothing!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I like scrubs and masks. I do not overdo it and they help.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love scrubs and masks. However, I think scrubs and maske should not been used too frequently. It all depend on the skin type.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I love them too...dont worry Laughing ...its just that some people try to convince me that they are not that good for skin...and im looking at my Laura Mercier scrub and my Aveda clay mask and im sad...dont know if its good for my skin or no.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think that depends on the the type of scrub & mask. If you use a gentle exfoliant & a clarifying/revitalizing/refining mask once a week, I don't see how that can be bad for your skin?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree also. If you search around the internet, and even in magazines, most places advise some sort of "exfoliation" at least weekly. Very Happy
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just realised my only exfoliation is when I use a soft face brush with my cleanser a few times a week. And I cannot remember last time I used a mask! Laughing I have to say I don't miss it either and my skin seems to like my minimalist routine with only cleanser, HA serum and moisturiser/sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I occasionally use a scrub. Masks I just love but don't overdo those either. I mostly spot treat with my clay masks.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
well i can definatly see how scrubs can be bad for your skin but i disagree about mask/peels.. they help my skin a lot
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I was keen on exfoliants and masks, but my face was so dry and peeling that I had to stop. Possibly I should have lessened the days where I used the exfoliants. But, now I do not exfoliate at all (unless Dr. H CC is exfoliating!), and my skin is much softer and no flakies. I must say I'm ambivalent about whether they are good, how often to use them or if at all!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Definately use a facial exfoliant and mask as your weekly skin care maintenance.
They deep cleanse the skin especially if you wear a lot of make-up and/or have clogging/blackheads.
With gentle massage movements Exfoliation sloughs of dead cells and brings fresh blood to the surface of the skin and feels wonderful particularly if your skin is feeling 'tired' and needs a 'boost'
Make sure your exfoliation product has rounded particles as others can be scratchy on the skin.
Always complete with a healthy nourishing moisturiser.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
i disagree as well. Anything in moderation is good. I thoroughly believe in exfoliation and masks as a maintenace routine. Did you ever go and have a steam bath and then vigorously rub your hand over your arm and anywhere else and the grime that comes off will amaze you. That's what has been laying in those pores that were just opened up. Same with the face. It is good occasionally to open up those pores and exfoliate and then apply a soothing moisture laden mask, of course depending on your skin type.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
patrice wrote:
i disagree as well. Anything in moderation is good. I thoroughly believe in exfoliation and masks as a maintenace routine. Did you ever go and have a steam bath and then vigorously rub your hand over your arm and anywhere else and the grime that comes off will amaze you. That's what has been laying in those pores that were just opened up. Same with the face. It is good occasionally to open up those pores and exfoliate and then apply a soothing moisture laden mask, of course depending on your skin type.

Patrice! I had my first korean bathhouse scrub this summer. It was MINDBLOWING how much dead skin came off of my body DESPITE my use of dry brush massage, shower scrubs, fruit acid moisturizer, etc. I also felt amazing afterwards. Now I scrub my body in the bath after a long soak once a month.

I was anti-scrub, too, for a LONG time, since I have a tendency to develop broken capillaries and I know that scrubs can disturb the acid mantle of the skin and cause irritation... But you just need to listen to your skin. Right now, my skin is peeling lightly, and I'll use Lorac's gentle facial resurfacer (round particles, dry use microderm product) to gently lift away the vestiges of dead skin--nothing more intense than that. I wouldn't, however, just choose a day, like Friday, as 'scrub day.' and when my skin is looking dull, I'll use a mask/peel and use a retinol-based product two nights in a row to speed the overturning of aold skin cells. You just need to pay attention to what your skin needs and act accordingly, that's what I say!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:40 am      Reply with quote
I feel these things are only bad for the skin if you overexfoliate, and if the masks irritate you or break you out. For example, if you're already on retinoids, scrubs or peels would not be reccomended. Other than that it really depends on your skin. When a mask works for me, I find my skin duller if I don't use it regularly and when I'm tired.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Well...
This is what ive heard in the past couple of week. That using a AHA or BHA is really good for everyday exfoliation. But that mechanical scrubs can agravate acne and oil production buy stimulating the oils glands. And that clay mask that absorb also give a message to the skin to produce more oil. I tried not to use them for 2 weeks and I have see a improvement in my oil production ( but I also change my cleanser for a milder one (Geografx, thanks to Tangal) So im not sure if its my milder cleanser or the fact that I stop the scrub/mask thing ! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I use moisturizing mask, Fresh Rose mask everyday and I dont think there is a problem.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Katya - I was just reading New Beauty magazine, and they also recommended chemical exfoliation for acne skin. Just thought I would share that with you!
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Katya - I was just reading New Beauty magazine, and they also recommended chemical exfoliation for acne skin. Just thought I would share that with you!

Yeah ! chemical (like AHA BHA)these exfoliant are great and they are hightly recommended... but what about mechanical (seed, jojoba, pumice) ???These are the ones im talking about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
This is according to New Beauty magazine - manual exfoliation best for normal skin, enzyme exfoliation best for sensitive skin, and chemical exfoliation as I stated above. It says that "it is not necessary to exfoliate every day, once a week is sufficient for most skin types, but oily/acne can benefit from twice weekly."

Again, I am just quoting from a magazine, but thought you would be interested in what this mag said! Very Happy
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I, too, think you have to know your own skin and its needs. Keep in mind, too, that 20-year old skin exfoliates naturally more often than 50-year old skin. I, for instance, have to exfoliate 2-3 times as often as someone who is in their twenties.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
Well...
This is what ive heard in the past couple of week. That using a AHA or BHA is really good for everyday exfoliation. But that mechanical scrubs can agravate acne and oil production buy stimulating the oils glands. And that clay mask that absorb also give a message to the skin to produce more oil. I tried not to use them for 2 weeks and I have see a improvement in my oil production ( but I also change my cleanser for a milder one (Geografx, thanks to Tangal) So im not sure if its my milder cleanser or the fact that I stop the scrub/mask thing ! Embarassed

I'm constantly learning, but always just a few days too late! Just ordered the Micro Polish cream from MUAC. I ordered the sample size and after the fist night I used it my husband kissed my nose and couldn't get over how soft it felt. I'm such a sucker for feeling soft. Hopefully I can use it maybe once a week without it making my acne/oil worse? If not, I guess I could use it on my body Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |