Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What hair color is this called?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote

Ash brown?

Dark ash brown?

I love it..Evangeline Lily sorta has it well..I want my hair to be this color too :P
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well, unfortunately I can't help you with the color name, but my goodness what a gorgeous picture!!!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ash brown, definitely !
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Overrated brown...oops, er, um, I mean Ash brown, yes...ash. Maybe a medium to dark ash brown with wheat colored highlights. Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
oh i dont care about her face (je suis le gay). but i see people with that hair color and i love it!! just never had a good photo of it that really showed it off
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Overrated brown...oops, er, um, I mean Ash brown, yes...ash. Maybe a medium to dark ash brown with wheat colored highlights. Very Happy

Laughing How about calico-cat brown?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
While I do see mostly ash in this, I do see a hint of red tone as well, particularly in the left half of the pic. I, unfortunately, have ash brown hair and hate it. To me, the ash color in mine just looks so washed out. It's the deeper browns with reddish tones (but NOT red) that I think are gorgeous. Mine looks like it was brown and got all bleached and dried out by the sun or something. My few grey strands don't help it either. Crying or Very sad

I'm actually going to get my hair cut tonight and will be putting several low lights in it to deepen the color a bit.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
anyone have any advice on how to achieve that color? i have like dark brown/black hair...im afraid of it going orange Crying or Very sad
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
anyone have any advice on how to achieve that color? i have like dark brown/black hair...im afraid of it going orange Crying or Very sad

All over? I have naturally dark hair also and I was told by my colorist the only way to achieve something like that is to strip the current color and then put that color on. Basically double processing which isn't the best for your hair. That's why I just opt for dark brown/honey highlights.

My highlights always tend to go brassy and orangey at times, but a nice toner should take care of that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
To me it looks like a chestnut-y brown with highlights, and red undertones which is probably specific to her natural color.

Does anyone have the right to be this gorgeous?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
If your hair has already been colored dark, you can't get lighter unless you use peroxide-- like arisextreme said. Color can't go through color. Why not just get some highlights in the ash color you like?

And is it me, or is anyone else just sick of Angelina Jolie? She's just a person, like everyone else.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
You know what, it's probably not a proper colour, the highlights etc. might have been airbrushed on, I am sure the face has been airbrushed....

How do you get a picture actually onto the forum, I thought you had to post a URL ?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I knew it was going to be a picture of her. I think it's called perfection Wink
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay this is OT but what lip colour has she got on? Gorgeous!!! What do you call that kind of colour?

Anyways back on the topic: I think it's high/low lights put in, too.

p/s I don't much like Ms Jolie, but I like the way she looks! Bad Grin
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Okay this is OT but what lip colour has she got on? Gorgeous!!! What do you call that kind of colour?

Its called "Homewrecker", can be found in many bars, stripclubs and also apparently runs rampant in Hollywood.

Bad Grin Laughing

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I know how you get that lipcolor. You have to suck alot of ......

SMACKING myself really really HARD . Baaaaad katee. Very very very baaaaaaad katee. Embarassed
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:

SMACKING myself really really HARD . Baaaaad katee. Very very very baaaaaaad katee. Embarassed

rofl ! Thats exactly what first came to my mind! *I* was trying to be a lady! Laughing

alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ha - I have the same colour as her ... but I couldn't tell what that is ... I have chestnut colour naturally but we went a little darker when I got my hair cut last and wanted to cover my highlights from the summer. I believe I called it "rich brown". (Sorry, I know that probably wasn't much help Laughing )
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

vonstella wrote:
pumpingmummy wrote:

Its called "Homewrecker", can be found in many bars, stripclubs and also apparently runs rampant in Hollywood.

Bad Grin Laughing

OMG Vonstella! You are soooo funny! But of course I think so, because you and I are on the EXACT same page as far as AJ is concerned! I do think she is beautiful - that's obvious enough - but I just want to slap that look off her face and into next week!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:

lollipops?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
katee wrote:

lollipops?

I guess for some they are... Laughing Bad Grin

katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Mmmmmmm lollipops..........
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ulana wrote:
Ha - I have the same colour as her ... )

When I read it up to here..thought you were confessing you were a homewrecker too Embarassed (referring to the lip color convo) Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella wrote
Quote:
fifi wrote:
katee wrote:

lollipops?

I guess for some they are...

rofl
rgw0125w
5% products discount

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
My haircolour is the same as hers, I buy two haircolour kits to get this colour. Right now I am liking the one with the avacado oil you add in, Nutrisse or something like that. My natural hair colour is dark brown but I do have red in my hair. So I buy the light or medium ash brown and meduim reddish brown. I mix the two together and walla I get this colour. Good luck with yours.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |