Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Don't wanna jinx it but SKII is FANTASTIC!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Happy New Year to everyone!

I am still on holiday but checking on news from the rest of the world for half of an hour.

Question: Not alot of people here talk about SKII...has anyone got any great miraculous stories using the line?

I have to say that for the past 2 months I have been using the facial treatment essence after cleansing and the ultimate revival cream at night and my pores are fabulous with a nice peachy glow to my face. At first I noticed that my skin just looked better when I took their airbrush foundation off so decided to try the line. The active ingredient is pitera. I am Asian and even on IS Clinical I had fine red bumps along the jaw, needing makeup to give me an even complexion as well as at least one daily blemish. In the past two months I have seen my small blemishes vanish and small battle scars fade.

One of the things about the line is that I get no reactions (you know the odd spot here and there when you start something) and it does seem to balance my skin excellently.

Any suggestions for other products in this line? I have retired everything else except Decleor cleasing wash, PSF O2 serum and Decleor phytopeel for exfoliation. I noticed the ISC serums were probably a bit too strong for me so I am just using those once every few weeks.

I am scared its all going to go t*ts up after i post this but good and bad storied about this line welcome!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Blacklace,
I used this line around 6 years ago (used the only this line with out any mix). and did find fatastic results at the beginning. HOwever after 9 months usage, me skin felt a lot thinner and became every sensitive. I stopped there and then.... From people i know who have used this line there are really mixed results. A decent percentage has the same feeling as me. But a lot people find the line does wonders for them. Sounds like you are the lucky half. Wink

One product I recommend from SKII is their facial treatment masks. It's great. and the only one I still buy from time to time
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Horris...knew it might be toooooo good to be true..plus my sceptical nature does not help! Lets see what happens. Maybe I will be back in the valley of despair like my ISC crash. I have never had this dramatic change to my skin though. There was always something to be balanced off but the products I am using are showing tangible results. Plus I love their airtouch no makeup makeup finish as well!

When you have a minute can you let me know which products you tried in the line and what you mean by "thinning" - that does NOT sound good. Crying or Very sad

I got the eye cream for free when I spent a bomb on the products I am using plus the face masks you recommended. The eye cream is not worth buying. I used it for two weeks and went back to my drugstore RoC (chagrin - saving up for cellcosmet). The mask is so rich I use it only if I can rub the leftovers everywhere including in the odd casserole (there is ALOT of pricey product in that mask)

I am impressed as whenever i use products I always have bumps, reactions etc after the initial hoo ha but this is just positive. Hate to use ethereal words like "amazing, fantastic" etc which do not translate well but heck i am on holiday so can indulge in a bit of emotional poetic license. I am using the revival cream after sun exposure too and (ok go on) it is amazing.

Thanks chick.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace, are you able to post your skin type? Mine is kind of sensitive and so I have been looking at this line with interest.

Horris, I've read some comments about people experiencing skin thinning and I am not sure how/why or what's in this product that could cause that? Do other products causes that or is it just unique to this one? Also, did you have sensitive skin to start with? or did it just become sensitized with using the product over time?

Thanks in advance! Smile
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I used Facial Treatment Essence for approx 3-4 months and didnt see any significant results, Blacklace - I'm glad its working for you.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it does seem that the jury is hung on SKII. On this forum there have been discussions of dodgy stuff in China and people experiencing sensivity, * spam alert * to pitera (so to speak) and some kind of malevolent underground acne that emerges two years later or something.

My skin is very reactive - i get bumps the next day and spots from products or makeup if there is anything in it my skin hates. It is relatively clear and even toned but I had open pores on the cheek near the nose and small red bumps along the jawline. It is combo skin that rarely gets dry - if anything i get the shiny look by evening and use blotting sheets.

For now I am just using a few drops of the facial essence at night. I had the brilliant idea to transfer it to a spray pump but maybe i am dispensing too much product so i am back to using my hands to pat it on. Every other night I am using a small pearl size amount of the ultimate revival cream. I am hoping that this will ease my skin into getting the benefits without overdoing the enzyme effect I have read about. Apparently pitera is an enzyme and detractors of this line say that it thins the skin - hence overexfoliating and giving the impression of rosiness.

That said, nothing but this line has ever got rid of those annoying red, uneven bumps and tightened up my pores to the point where I actually did not need foundation over my holidays. I keep using the airtouch now though as it is so light and perfect a finish.

Thanks for the responses. It is so unfair that the one line i seem to love has got so many mixed opinions! Right now though the results are too good to give up and i will keep monitoring my skin for anything horrid. Yep I knew once i posted great results the jinx might get me Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I always had great results with Facial Treatment Essence and I always have a bottle with me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wildcat,

Thanks for your response (i say clutching at a straw of hope). Can you let us know for how long you have been using it, how often you apply and if you have experienced any downsides? Also if your skin is reactive or not? Sorry for the 3rd degree but I want to sift out wheat from chaff in much of what I am reading about SKII. Personally, I love the stuff but want to know more from people like yourself. Thanks.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use the SKII essence and I must say the effect of the pitera was quite immediate. My face would be very smooth and supple to the touch. But I stopped using when the news broke out a few months back. Supposedly, the authorities in China found banned substance in some SKII products. If you do a google on "SK II ban", you will find some news article.

I believed SKII might have rectified the situation and maybe I'm just being too paranoid but decided to stay away anyhow.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
mcwccj wrote:
I used to use the SKII essence and I must say the effect of the pitera was quite immediate. My face would be very smooth and supple to the touch. But I stopped using when the news broke out a few months back. Supposedly, the authorities in China found banned substance in some SKII products. If you do a google on "SK II ban", you will find some news article.

I believed SKII might have rectified the situation and maybe I'm just being too paranoid but decided to stay away anyhow.

same here. Be careful.
havana8

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
thanks for expressing your feedback and concerns... like Blacklace, I've read so many conflicting things that I am not sure what to believe...
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
Wildcat,

Thanks for your response (i say clutching at a straw of hope). Can you let us know for how long you have been using it, how often you apply and if you have experienced any downsides? Also if your skin is reactive or not? Sorry for the 3rd degree but I want to sift out wheat from chaff in much of what I am reading about SKII. Personally, I love the stuff but want to know more from people like yourself. Thanks.

Hello Blacklace,
I used to use the essence everyday night and morning for about 4 years or so. I didn't experience downsides that I could attribute to SK-II essence. My skin wasn't reactive to the essence but my skin did react to some other SK-II products (I think they were too rich for my skin).
I stopped using the essence daily after I discovered C-serum in the morning and Retinoid at night. I keep a bottle on hand because I think the essence is a great "pick-me-up" product and a great base for make-up. The Facial Treatment Mask is fantastic too. I save those for special occasions.
Wild Cat

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks!
I have tried C serums but my skin gets irritated. Glad its working for you Wildcat.
I am using a little of the Ulimate Revival cream twice per week at night and the facial essence three drops in the evening.

The quality scares seem to have been partly related to the high level of fakes on sale on ebay and in Asia where the brand is common. But not good news for the brand anyway. I am sticking to the Selfridges counter (don't have the guts to buy anything personal off ebay anyway) but will keep a watch on developments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace,
I do think SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence is the best if I can't tolerate most actives. I always buy from reputable websites. I am not too worried about the quality scare but while saying that, I won't buy off ebay too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if it's possible to get samples of their products? There aren't any stockists in my city
havana8

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
A friend recently brought back a little trial kit with three K-II products. I was a bit surprised at the extensive warning on the back of each product...

1. Facial Treatment Essence

Ingredients: Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate, Butylene, Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid.

Caution: Stop using if the product does not suit your skin. Keep out of reach of children. Please read the usage instruction carefully before using the product.

2. Facial Lift Emulson

Ingredients: Water, Saccharomycopsis Fermented Filtrate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene, Glycol, Dimenthicone, Cetyl Alcohol, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylamide, Panthenol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Stearyl Alcohol, Praben, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Laureth-7, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium, Hydroxide.

Caution: Discontinue use and consult a dermatologist when the skin becomes red, swells, itches, rashes, or gets irritated after application or when you find the above symptoms after the applied areas are exposed to direct sunlight; continuous use may aggravate your skin conditions. Don't apply to skin with scars, swellings or rashes. Keep it out of reach of babies and children. Keep it in a place at a moderate temperature and out of direct sunlight. Close the cap tightly after use. Please read through the instruction before using.

3. Facial Treatment Mask

Ingredients:
Water, Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA.

Caution: Stop using the product if any of the following conditions occur, or your skin will worsen. We recommend consulting a dermatologist. Redness/swell/itch/irritation occurs when applying the product. The above conditions occur when your skin with the product applied is directly exposed to sunlight. Do not apply the product to damaged skin, such as wound/swelling/excema. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid extremely high or low temperature and direct sunlight when keeping the product. Make sure to discard the used Mask. Keep the side with SK-II logo up when storing. Please read usage instruction carefully before using the product. Stop using if the product does not suit your skin.

The cautions feel so serious! Sad
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
That does sound quite alarming. I think it was recently found that SK II have been using some banned substances in their products, not sure which exactly. Although it hasn't been proven that they are unsafe and the products are still available. Probably best to do some research before trying this line or stick to what you know
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Just had a look at the Questions section on the SK II website, there is an explanation about the use of these substances in their products. Maybe safe after all... Confused
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |