Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

One-step Cleansing Water/Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Apart from Clarins One-step Cleanser, I would like to try another brand. It sounds like not many skincare companies produce one-step cleansing water or lotion. I wonder this so-called one-step means it has the function of both cleansing and toning.
In fact my question is that after I apply the normal cleansing water in the morning, is it necessary to apply toner right away? Or I really have to apply both cleaser and toner.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have nuxe's cleansing water at home, it is very gentle and soft and you dont need to rinse it off.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleanser. Large bottle 300 ml is about $18.00 at SDM. It is clear like water. It removes eye makeup, etc well. Truly the best eye makeup remover.

It says no rinsing required but I did a couple quick splashes of water.

I believe it is on sale this week at SDM 25% off.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor has one
Nuxe has one
Clarins has 3 - orange, water comfort and water purify (the orange one does the best job but leaves a film of oil that's supposed to be good for your skin)
I think Dior has one too

I don't use toner with it afterwards because I don't feel the need to. I only use these "cleansing waters" to freshen up because I don't feel they do a good enough job of getting rid of all makeup/dirt after a long day.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui,

I only want to use one-step cleanser in the morning coz it is quick for I have to rush to work every day. It can, as you say freshen up and it can help to get rid of the dirts on the face after the whole night long. I don't feel like using cleansing milk/cream to clean the face early in the morning especially in the summer time.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ic, bb2000 - in that case I wouldn't think you'd need a toner afterwards. So it's similar I like to use cleansing waters to freshen up. Sometimes though I think a good toner would do the trick, especially if you use one with ACV in it.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I can't stand Clarins one step (has 3 - orange, water comfort and water purify). I don't think it's cleaning up face at all. I have dry skin and it makes me feel very greasy. I can't imagine on oily skin.
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I honestly think that if you are REALLY that busy with your life, then sure go with the one-step cleanser/lotion. To me, I think its important to take care of my skin. I would never buy an all in one cleanser/lotio because just like 2in1 shampoo/conditioner they never work as well as if you use them separately. Secondly, washing, toning, and mositurerzing your skin is such an important regime please dont buy into those clarins advertisement how it works just as effectively as if you were washing, toning and mositurerizing.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoyed "Purity" from Philosophy...I think they claimed it was a one step kinda product. Right now I'm using cetephil. I apply it all over my face then wipe off with a dry towel...it makes my skin so smooth and I use no toner or moisturizer after. Thats about as close to 1 step as you can get. Ha!

raindrop921...I agree...I'm not in that much of a hurry I just found that the more products I used the more I broke out.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I have the cleansing water from DIOR. Only use it in the morning. I have tried Clarins before, don't like it at all.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |