Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Most OVERRATED Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I searched the topics for a similar one, but I didn't find one. Forgive me if I am double-posting a topic.

What are the products which everyone raves about but you tried and found overrated?

For me it was IS Clinical. It did have some effect, but for the cost of the line, I could have bought products with similar effects 5X over.

Aspirin mask did nothing for me. At times, I felt like it irritated my skin. I added in honey and yogurt too but I didn't see anything different.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
For me, it was is clinical active serum. It was great, but not great enough as I thought it was going to be for that much money. Vit. c serums are a bit overated, IMHO, but thats just me. I tried tons and didn't see anything, they just irritated my skin, but I guess you can't really call them overated because they didn't work for me or they irritated me. Other people find them fantastic, and I believe them, they just don't work for me.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Copper Peptides

Cellcosmet Eye Cream
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Ah, I forgot all about the cellcosmet eye cream. I second that. But it is not to say it isn't great for some people. I know alot loooove it, so I hate to talk down about products.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was "nice" actually - just wayyyy overrated. Wink
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
It's difficult.
A product which didn't work for me (irritated or just did nothing) - could be great for somebody else. So a whole lot of ISC products ended up in my bin (break out). JB Green apple did not do nothing for me. But they make other people rave...
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
For me Prevage was overrated. It has ingredients that many people (including me) are allergic to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet Eye Cream. I wanted it for so long. Once I got it I found it did nothing special for me. In all fairness my eye area is my biggest problem. Nothing less then a miracle will do. Rolling Eyes

Jurlique Lip Balm was another product I was disappointed in.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say Emu oil. I found it rather pore-clogging than cure acne.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Cellcosmet Eye Cream. I wanted it for so long. Once I got it I found it did nothing special for me. In all fairness my eye area is my biggest problem. Nothing less then a miracle will do. Rolling Eyes

Same here. Winnie, have you looked at the new Jan Marini age intervention eye cream yet..there's a new Obaji one too..check out new products from EDS. JM will prbably be next once I finish a collection of 'so-so's' I have amassed.

To keep on topic: definitely cellcosmet eye cream..it's lovely for those who don't really need eye cream Confused
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - I have to agree with the cellcosmet eye cream thing - I didn't think it was great at all especially for the $$$$. I thought that was just me and that everyone else in the whole world loved it! I was also dissapointed with just about every lip-plumper I tried (except Lip-fusion). Claudalie Merlot scrub also was a bit dissapointing but I wouldn't say hugely over-hyped.
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Also I have the IS Serum but I haven't decided about that yet Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
PSF O2 Rescue Serum and PSF Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye gel did absolutely nothing for me.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido Future Solution - It was raved in a magazine, so I bought it, but it didn't seem to deliver.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin was all over the TV and internet as being a wrinkle cure. I tried it and after using the full tube found NO change in my skin at all.....especially the wrinkles.

On the opposite end, I read and read and read about the Dermalogica Microfoliant and waited quite a while to try it....but I'm so glad I did. I believe it is even better than all the raves it gets.

Just my opinions....

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've only had samples of ISC super and ISC active..but I am glad for that.... I would not have liked to have spent all that cash..
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
Shiseido Future Solution - It was raved in a magazine, so I bought it, but it didn't seem to deliver.

Totally agreed!!! Used 2 jars but see no improvement.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Anything from the department store, Creme De La Mer, SK2, Talika
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
ARGGHHHHH!!!!! People, I just bought the cellcosmet eyecream! Maybe I will be lucky. I am mixing up a few of my own potions too so will compare.

Most Overrated for my skin:
-Juice Beauty Blemish Serum & GA Peel
- Mandelic Acid (peeled the skin off my fingers just from touching the stuff)
- HA in most forms including ISC Hydracool
- Decleor Ylang Ylang oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried two kinds of DMAE and neither does anything for me. Glad it works for some.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Same here. Winnie, have you looked at the new Jan Marini age intervention eye cream yet..there's a new Obaji one too..check out new products from EDS. JM will prbably be next once I finish a collection of 'so-so's' I have amassed.

To keep on topic: definitely cellcosmet eye cream..it's lovely for those who don't really need eye cream Confused

Marina, I love your review of the cellcosmet eye cream -- it really made me laugh! Laughing
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
ARGGHHHHH!!!!! People, I just bought the cellcosmet eyecream! Maybe I will be lucky. I am mixing up a few of my own potions too so will compare.

Don't worry Blacklace, I use it and I love it. It works well for me. Smile
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
MaMa Lotion and Green Cream--neither of them has done a thing for me. I've found most over-the-counter retinol products to be a waste of time and money too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
These didn't do anything or made my skin worse:
Talika Lipocils
Bare Escentuals
Erno Laszlo
StriVectin SD

Nice but didn't live up to the HG status:
Chrysalyx
LaMer
DiorShow mascara
Emu oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost afraid to post this, because I'm afraid of the responses, but.....

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream (don't shoot me, but I just don't get the point of this stuff)

Decleor (I find their products are a lot of hype & don't do anything - yet I am fascinated by people who swear by it).

OK - hiding under my bed in fear!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |