Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
RAVE: Suncat Natural Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Okay.. so I've been a user of SunCat for a few weeks now.. and finally I will tell you this.. SunCat MMU is my HG!! I've tried SheerCover, BE, Lumiere and Alima, Laura Mercier, and so far SunCat is the best! I honestly don't think I can switch. Everything I've tried from them has been wonderful!! Shelley (owner of SunCat MMU) is just the best. Her customer service is just excellent. I've been swapping emails with her, and she would respond really fast answering all the questions I asked. Best of all, her makeup is really pure and cruelty-free. I love it so much I even got my sister to try, and she's loving it more than Alima and has made some orders. Right now it's free shipping for orders over $30 through May 15 (in the states).. so hurry up and order! Very Happy

Here's what I've tried so far:

Original Formula Foundation- I was having trouble on picking a shade so I asked Shelley if I can send her a sample of my foundation.. For Alima my color was N-3 but I wanted just a hint of yellow so I mixed 2 parts of N3 and 1 part of W3 together (I used sample sizes). I sent Shelley a sample of the foundation and she was able to find the right match for me, SunShineD. When I got it I was soo surprised of how soft and fluffy it felt!! The color is perfect on my skin and the foundation is soo soft and silky it would melt right into my skin! Warning, this foundation is only for people who like the radiant glowy dewy look. The coverage is good but not good as SheerCover. Sheercover gives the most coverage I've ever seen but it made me look fake and broke me out badly. SunCat's foundation blends in like a dream just like Laura Mercier Mineral foundation!! The coverage for LM and SunCat is about the same. That being said, SunCat's foundation is the LEAST powdery foundation I've ever tried! Actually, the finish is not powdery at all unlike Alima's foundation which looked soo cakey and powdery on me if I don't spritz. Also, I tried LM Mineral foundation in Rich Vanilla and it was too dark on me. For some reason, everytime I use Alima's foundation, it would aggravate my acne and make them come to head while SunCat's foundation doesn't bother my acne at all.
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Sericite
Iron Oxides

Semi-Matte Foundation- This is gives slightly more coverage than the original formula and is less glowy.
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Sericite, Zinc Oxide, Mica,
Iron Oxides

SunSilk Finishing Veil- This is a very FINE finishing veil that contains silk powder. My HG was Vernacular Skinworks Silk Dust but since they closed down I've found my HG, SunCat's SunSilk!! Extremely FINE!!

"A soft transparent finishing veil made with Authentic Silk Powder to
give a soft silky focus to the skin. Silk is naturally moisture adjusting and light
diffusing and reduces the look of fine lines, wrinkles and pores. Soft focus
silky semi-matte finish."
Ingredients: Sericite, Silk Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica,
Iron Oxides

SunSet Finishing Veil- The texture and color of this one is almost the same as SunSilk. I use this one on my t-zones to help control oil.

"A transparent finishing veil made with natural untreated sun dried
Kaolin Clay to absorb excess oil and give a soft focus to the skin. Use as a
primer for extra oil control. Kaolin will not pull oil from your skin.
Recommended for normal to oily skin. Soft focus semi-matte finish."
Ingredients: Sericite, Kaolin Clay, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica, Iron
Oxides

SunGlow Blush- The blush is really cute!! Not too pink or too peachy. Just right. This one gives you glowy cheeks. If you want less glowy cheeks just use a wet sponge and press it against your cheeks and the shimmer will tone down a bit. I asked Shelley if there will be a less shimmery blush as I do like the semi-matte look so she was kind enough to make me a semi-matte version of this and I'm loving it!!

"A soft neutral blush color to give you a kiss of color. Not too pink or
too peachy for a natural healthy glow. Soft silky satin finish."
Ingredients: Mica, Sericite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

SunSpot- This a good conealing for spots because it gives more coverage than the foundations so you don't really need to layer a lot. I use this on my dark circles and lids.

"A neutral spot concealer to help cover your problem areas of dark
circles, pigmentation and redness. This is a more opaque concealer for problem
areas. Soft silky semi-matte finish."
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Sericite, Mica, Iron Oxides

---

I just ordered 2 more finishing veils, SunKiss and SunAngel and will report back with results. She also sent me a sample of a bronzer and it looked nice but I don't think I'll need any bronzing for now.

If you're having trouble of picking the right shades you can send Shelley a sample of your foundation and she'd be happy to help you choose out a color!

http://suncatnaturalmineralmakeup.com

I'm so happy I've finally found something that works for me!!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree. Shelley/SunCat makes beautiful mmu and is a truly helpful and knowledgeable woman.

I'm completely impressed by her well designed line of mu, and by her, in every way.

faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
You are tempting me. But international shipping is outrageous. USD15. I'll be paying more shipping then the actual product itself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Dang, I'm wrong. Tomorrow is the last day for free shipping for people in the states. $15 is a lot for shipping.. Maybe you can email Shelley to work out the shipping costs? Confused
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Suncat Natural MMU is having a June special!!

MONTHLY SPECIALS FOR JUNE 2007

June is Customer Appreciation Month and the two year anniversary of SunCat
Natural Mineral Makeup.

To celebrate you will receive a free Try Me Size SunBeam Sample Kit with 10
different SunCat Natural Mineral Makeup Products with your order of $15 or
more. The Kit will include two SunShine Foundations, SunSpot concealer,
SunRose and SunGlow blushes, SunEspresso and SunShade Eyeshadow Liners,
SunSilk and SunKiss Finishing Veils, and SunDown Night Treatment.

To receive your free Try Me SunBeam Sample Kit enter the words "FREE
TRY ME KIT" and also the word "FAIR" "LIGHT" "MED" OR "DARK" in the
Optional Instructions Field when you checkout

http://suncatnaturalmineralmakeup.com/monthlyspecials.html
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
hey Lisey, I think we have the same skintone. I also use Alima N-3 but it doesnt really match my neck well. But I dont mix them because Im not good at that kinda stuff.
Have u tried Meow? I'll like a comparison between meow and suncat. I've been sampling my meow now and Im liking it so far. But havent found a colour yet.
Shipping is very expensive for me. iIf I just get a few samples, I'll have to pay $13 shipping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Darn...something else to order! I can't wait to try it! Did anyone order any of the brushes??
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust, sorry I haven't tried meow yet so I can't compare them.

divalovesmusic, I haven't bought the brushes, but my sister bought 2 baby kabukies and they're really SMALL but are good for buffing. She likes them.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered from them. I order their brushes too. Will do a review afterwards. Hope it won't disappoint me. Very Happy
Kaisa

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I can't rave about SunCat. I tried samples today; in the Meduim and FullCoverage Sunshine Foundations. They are both waaay too shiny for me. I have enlarged pores and the sheen in this just accentuates them to perfection. I even discovered wrinkles that I had not known of before. My husband even noticed them. Sad to say, it's not for me.

I'm an NC 20, and happy with my Alima in W2 (cardamom) especially with their primer powder. I'm sampling from businesses with a similar ethic (ie. no nano-particles and fillers and bad things). Will be trying BareFaced Velvet Plush when it arrives...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone compare this to BE and Jane Iredale for me?

I have tried BE mmu - too greasy and Jane Iredale was better but not much. I like the idea of a mmu but need to find the right blend I guess.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love the idea of mmu's but have not found one that works for me. I started with BE and it was too iridescent on my skin and became cakey. I've also tried some of the cheaper drug store brands (U.S.) Jane? and had similar problems. I've been curious about Jane Iredale but am not sure which color to try, I am pale with yellow and pink undertones- tough one to match. Perhaps I should give SunCat a try if I can manage shipping? Appreciate all the great reviews especially the detailed ones.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ha, I'm in the same situation. I have to mix. Have found a few mixes so far in MMU. Lumiere Light Golden mixed with Light Cool (50/50). Alima W2 (2-fifths), C2 (2-fifths), G2 (one-fifth), Everydayminerals Golden fair mixed with Light Winged Butter (about 50/50). I haven't tested Suncat extensively yet but I was able to wear both the warm and the cool colours in the second lightest shades separately. I would like to get the newer yellow one to try, but international shipping is expensive, so I haven't got round to it.
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Cool and the shipping charges have actually gone down! I might give this a shot after my old face powder finishes. Very Happy Thanks for the tip about this product.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |