Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can someone explain the copper peptides "uglies"?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in this since it looks like Vit C isn't working out for me - I'd like to use it in the AM. However, this "uglies" thing petrifies me. I've read some reviews on MUA that stated that copper peptides actually caused permanent damage to their skin, changing their skin for the worse.

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=4437/CP_Serum/Skin_Biology/Treatments/

Can someone explain this to me? Is it a get worse before getting better type of thing? Or do the negative side effects only happen to some? Are copper peptides as irritating as retinoids? If it has to get worse before getting better this might not be for me actually cos I can't tolerate an ugly period.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used CP's but I believe the "uglies" are when people use too much right away. The skin is rebuilding faster than its being exfoliated, causeing sagging or wrinkles. Thats why you are suppose to dilute them and start slow so you skin can get used to it. Im no expert though...

If you search scally's posts she knows a lot about CP's and the ratio you should use.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I was petrified of the 'Uglies' too and had a bottle of basic SkinBio CP Serum in my cupboard so long before I plucked up the courage to try it.
Anyway I was reallllly cautious when I did start it - I patch tested first on my inner wrist and behind one ear as I do with any new product, then when I had no reaction I started with one drop to 10 drops water just at night, for a week (how scared was I LOL! Laughing )when I survived the first week without my face falling off I upped it too two drops and did that for a week, still not monstrous so following week I upped it by two drops and so on until I was onto 10 drops talking teeny drops here mind). I've been using the full strength CP serum now for about 10 months (still not brave enough to go up a level though!!) and my skin just looks better, the odd occasion when I have had a dry patch (which I am prone too occasionally anyway)or I just think my skin needs a break from actives in general, I just give myself a few days off.
I think the secret, as has already been mentioned, is to introduce the CPs slowly and ease off if you think you see anything even slightly 'iffy' (which in my case my skin can just look a little tired).
But NO uglies so far!!
HTH's?! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I was nervous too. I started off with a few drops, not diluted, every two days. No problems. I'm now using every evening. I have a friend who began using twice a day and didn't have any problems at all.

kimberly
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using a cp serum for almost a month now and i havent had any of those problems. i didnt go through an ugly period.. i dont think its a get worse before it will get better kinda treatment, i think its a either you get better or doesnt work at all thing judging from the reviews and my own experience. i definatly dont think its as harsh as retinoids.. i was using differin (very mild) and i felt it was too harsh for my face but cp serum i dont feel any harshness or anything at all.

after only a month i have noticed much lighter scar/acne marks, brighter/evener skin tone and smaller pores. one thing though i realize after reading those posts is that since starting with cp serum i have been getting cystic acne which i never got before
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen, do you think the cystic acne is a result of the forumulation of your serum or the copper itself? The above comments sound encouraging - which copper serum is the gentlest and most well formulated for beginners?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth, the gentlest is CP serum.

http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/SB23_4

You can get 1 oz size first and see whether you like it or not. It'll last you for a few months.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if any of the lines carried by EDS have a copper treatment?
Thanks,
Pudoodles
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have a question that I know it has been asked before, I just can't seem to find it.

I know one is not supposed to use Vit C and Copper Peptides because one neutralizes the other. (Which one is it???)

So I decided to use Vit C during the day and CPs at nightime.

Here's the thing. Instead of showering in the mornings, I shower right before bed and apply CP as part of my night routine.

I cleanse my face in the mornings, of course, so no issue there. My concern is with my neck and bust area where I also apply CPs at night. Should I "wash of" my CPs in this area before applying my Vit C? Or do you all think that my skin absorbs the CP at night making it unecessary to actually "remove" it before using my Vit C????
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the lines carried by EDS have a copper treatment?
Thanks,
Pudoodles

I did a quick and lazy search and the only things that came up using 'copper' were eyes shadows and other makeup stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Another question......is it true that the Neova products are alot milder/not so concentrated as the SkinBio ones? So in that case Neova would be a better choice for a newcomer?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Neova is milder, but it's also a different peptide. So if you get used to the Neova you cannot simply move on to the Skinbio 'super' cops from there.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
s31pr wrote:
I have a question that I know it has been asked before, I just can't seem to find it.

I know one is not supposed to use Vit C and Copper Peptides because one neutralizes the other. (Which one is it???)

Copper neutralizes Vit C. But you can use both, just seperate sessions 12 hours apart. I use both.

So I decided to use Vit C during the day and CPs at nightime.

Thats fine.

Here's the thing. Instead of showering in the mornings, I shower right before bed and apply CP as part of my night routine.

I cleanse my face in the mornings, of course, so no issue there. My concern is with my neck and bust area where I also apply CPs at night. Should I "wash of" my CPs in this area before applying my Vit C?

Wash off, not because it will cause degradation issue with either product at that point. But both products penitrate best on clean skin free of skin oils or other product buildup. So you wash to remove skin oils and product residue so penitration is not hampered. Just wash area with a washcloth or micro fiber cloth and water.

Or do you all think that my skin absorbs the CP at night making it unecessary to actually "remove" it before using my Vit C????

Vit C absorbs in about 15 min, depending on formula, copper in about 20 minutes, depending on formula. But product residue can still be on skin surface.

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, I am using the Super CP serum on my tummy for stretch marks. On the skinbio web site, it says to use it after the TriReduction P&R, so I put it on right after I put the Tri P&R on. Should I wait between applic?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Copper for three years, even twice daily at some point with Super COP 2X cream.

Never had the ugglies, have had some minor irritation and swelling around eyes on occassion, when I overdid things. Just backed off for a few days and applyed Emu oil and DMAE and it was fine.

I found it much less irritating then Retin A or Green Cream products (for me) I donot have sensitive skin.

The secret is build up slowly, and carefully, and use the level that appropriate for your needs.

Stronger, and faster is not better. What you need is whats appropriate for your skin needs and types. Staring off slow with mild products, dilute, and gradually building up is always best.

People that have issues almost always apply to much, to fast, to strong trying to force a fast skin change. That creates an irritation nightmare. Not good for anyones skin. Wink
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
you are applying a serum immediately after a cream/lotion product?
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Since I'm just starting to use CP, and I'm supposed to start slow, I kind of have problems applying the serum because I feel that such tiny amounts don't reach all the areas I want to treat.

Do you think that transfering the contents of the serum into a TINY spray bottle would be ok for application? That way I apply very little, but cover all areas at once.

is this a bad idea?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
you are applying a serum immediately after a cream/lotion product?

Yes! I thought that's what I was supposed to do.

http://www.skinbio.com/quickstretchmarks.html

I could not determine whether #4 should come right after #3. Since I was impatient, I just went ahead #3 and then #4 right away.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |