Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: B. Kamins Maple Treatment Night Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone Very Happy

About the Cream:
This is a night treatment formulated by a Canadian Chemist (Ben Kaminsky). It is intended for dry/very dry skin. Cost: $135CDN for 2.2 ounces

My skintype:
I'm 42, with a skin that easily tires and is prone to bouts of dehydration. I have expression lines around my eyes and the ugliest set of number elevens EVER. I am experiencing the first signs of loss of elasticity and, if I don't take care of myself I expect, inside the next 5 years, to have jowels like the Hush Puppie dog.

Packaging:
The cream comes in an opaque white jar reminiscent (sp?) of Dior's old Resultante line! It is very heavy and will not travel well.

How I've been using it:

For the past month,I've been using this nightly on top of Tazorac and emu oil (Tazorac incorporated only a week and 1/2 ago).

Cream Texture and Application Method:
This is the thickest cream I've ever used. You could turn the jar upside down and shake it for a few minutes and nothing would fall out. It kind of reminds me of the Decleor balms in that sense...but it is a cream. The density of the cream does not allow it to move easily across the skin. I warm about "two peas" worth of the cream in my hands and then kind of press it into my skin. Once I've pressed it all over my face, I then massage lightly. For the first five minutes my face looks like an oil slick - but after about 5 minutes my skin looks GREAT. I was scared to death that this cream would cause breakouts -but not a one! My skin looks very moist and with excellent colour after application(keeping in mind that I have Tazorac and emu oil underneath). When I wake up in the morning I usually look pretty darn good! I'm very surprised that the cream doesn't "slip" up into the orbital area and cause puffiness - which is great! As a side note: I am delighted by how well I am managing the flakiness usually experienced with Tazorac use (this might be due to the emul oil, the B Kamins cream - or both - can't say)

Results and Who Might Like This Cream:
I love this cream - the quality IMHO, is excellent for the money. I wanted something to alleviate the terrible dehydration that I am prone to during the winter months and this cream does the job! This 2.2 ounce jar will easily take me through the rest of the winter...and I'm sure I will have some left over...I think this cream would be unbelievably good for people who have distressed, dry skin as well as traditionally mature skins. Also: people who engage in outdoor winter sports or who are exposed to extreme winter conditions will likely appreciate this cream (I know it is a night cream but I think it would be great to shield the skin in cold weather). Of course, oily folk need not apply! Same deal for combination skins - this would definitely be a no-no. Dry, very dry and mature skins, especially those of you who live in colder climates will probably just LOVE this stuff!

Where to buy it:
Right here at EDS Very Happy

Pudoodles Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is good to know...if I run out of samples of Cellcosmet Concentrate, I will have to give that a try. I hope it would not clog my pores!
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thx for the review but it is a bit expensive to me. If this brand is made in Canada (I am not sure!) the price should be much lower than the import ones. Question
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for a good, detailed review, Puds! The cream sounds too rich for my oily complexion at this point, but skin can change radically in a relatively short period of time, depending on a number of circumstances. I'll certainly keep it in mind for when the need arises.

Well done. Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Everyone Very Happy

About the Cream:
This is a night treatment formulated by a Canadian Chemist (Ben Kaminsky). It is intended for dry/very dry skin. Cost: $135CDN for 2.2 ounces

My skintype:
I'm 42, with a skin that easily tires and is prone to bouts of dehydration. I have expression lines around my eyes and the ugliest set of number elevens EVER. I am experiencing the first signs of loss of elasticity and, if I don't take care of myself I expect, inside the next 5 years, to have jowels like the Hush Puppie dog.

Packaging:
The cream comes in an opaque white jar reminiscent (sp?) of Dior's old Resultante line! It is very heavy and will not travel well.

How I've been using it:

For the past month,I've been using this nightly on top of Tazorac and emu oil (Tazorac incorporated only a week and 1/2 ago).

Cream Texture and Application Method:
This is the thickest cream I've ever used. You could turn the jar upside down and shake it for a few minutes and nothing would fall out. It kind of reminds me of the Decleor balms in that sense...but it is a cream. The density of the cream does not allow it to move easily across the skin. I warm about "two peas" worth of the cream in my hands and then kind of press it into my skin. Once I've pressed it all over my face, I then massage lightly. For the first five minutes my face looks like an oil slick - but after about 5 minutes my skin looks GREAT. I was scared to death that this cream would cause breakouts -but not a one! My skin looks very moist and with excellent colour after application(keeping in mind that I have Tazorac and emu oil underneath). When I wake up in the morning I usually look pretty darn good! I'm very surprised that the cream doesn't "slip" up into the orbital area and cause puffiness - which is great! As a side note: I am delighted by how well I am managing the flakiness usually experienced with Tazorac use (this might be due to the emul oil, the B Kamins cream - or both - can't say)

Results and Who Might Like This Cream:
I love this cream - the quality IMHO, is excellent for the money. I wanted something to alleviate the terrible dehydration that I am prone to during the winter months and this cream does the job! This 2.2 ounce jar will easily take me through the rest of the winter...and I'm sure I will have some left over...I think this cream would be unbelievably good for people who have distressed, dry skin as well as traditionally mature skins. Also: people who engage in outdoor winter sports or who are exposed to extreme winter conditions will likely appreciate this cream (I know it is a night cream but I think it would be great to shield the skin in cold weather). Of course, oily folk need not apply! Same deal for combination skins - this would definitely be a no-no. Dry, very dry and mature skins, especially those of you who live in colder climates will probably just LOVE this stuff!

Where to buy it:
Right here at EDS Very Happy

Pudoodles Very Happy

I'd put some cream in smaller containers to keep the original jar more fresh and what you use more portable. Sounds like a good cream specially for those in the colder areas of Canada and the States.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
sounds interesting.thanks for your detailed review.
i wish EDS has this cream's sample.i would like to try it Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a great product for a windy winter and the price is not bad!My skin is extremely sensitive. I will definitely get one to try. Thanks for the review.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |