Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cruelty-Free Emu Oil??????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
craftwhack
5% products discount

Sun May 24, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi- wondering if more people have tried the emulator oil and what the general consensus may be?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I still use it and love it. I will probably stick with it as my carrier oil. I have also used a Macadamia nut mixture for my body since it's cheaper and like that, but I don't think I would put it on my face.
craftwhack
5% products discount

Mon May 25, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks-maybe I'll try some of that to mix some actives into. I've used emu before, but I supppose I'd rather avoid it if I can... SO hard to figure out what to start ordering now!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
It's too oily to put on my face. I was breaking out after 1 week.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmm
goose fat slathered on chicken? I hope all those even vegetarians out there are buying free range chickens and eggs (eggs only for vegetarians) but the regular ones well some of what they do is cut off the beaks put feeding tubes down the throats force feed the chicks pump them full of antibiotics and steroids they spend their entire short life stuffed into very small cages!
There is a book called either going or becoming VEGAN the list goes on for all edible animals. It is my understanding Emus are farm raised for the meat mostly in Australia and the oil is a by product. I am not saying use it just that we should all be more self informed about all animal products seems the mainstream producers just are cruel to keep costs down. I swallow hard especially with the economy these days, but will only buy organic free range eggs chicken beef ect. hard on wallet but I sleep better at night.
I just got my emulator oil a few days ago, still have to try it. Will let you all know.

Sorry if I grossed you all out but this is how corporate giants treat animals!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I also try to buy my eggs from the local farmers around here, but if I can't I get the cage free brown eggs.

Also use the Emulator oil and I love it. Don't ever expect to give it up Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Fortunately even my local grocery stores carry free range organic eggs chicken beef ect. BTW the eggs don't have to be brown to be free range organic the color of chicken eggs is determined by the color of the chicken LOL.

My skin is really normal what about yours? Wondering what you like about the emulator oil?

That really is a good name they thought up. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I've had green and blue eggs too, just if I have to go to the store, they are always brown.

I have medium/light skin, but with freckles. Also horrible hyper-pigmentation from teen tanning and fine lines.
Fairly normal, but I did have clogged pores on my chin until using the Emulator oil. Sounds weird, but that has really cleaned my pores along with Avon's thermal cleanser. Also I just really like the way it feels and keeps my skin hydrated without being oily. I started using it as a carrier oil, but some days it's all I put on, besides sunscreen.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks cool colored eggs and no vinegar and food coloring sorry raised 4 kids.
My skin is really normal but I am more pigmented. Used to bake in the sun, back when I was a kid nobody knew better! Now I avoid it like the plague actually for several years. My hyperpigmentation showed up more and with each pregnancy.
It is great to know it is not too oily, I am stuck for now in sub-tropic climate too much oil just doesn't cut it.
I use OCM and DIY oil for moisture with added EO's really into all natural organic. The DIY has tons of great recopies I even posted some that I have collected over the years. I still have more when I can dig them out and type all on forum.
Great to meet you
Rona

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Well, I've got an update. Shelly at IE looked into this matter, and apparently she was given false information--- the emu oil that they are using in their products did indeed come from Emus after they were killed for their meat. Because of their cruelty-free stance and their concern for their vegetarian customers and for animals, they have decided to sell whatever stock they have left of the soap that contains Emu oil and then discontinue it. I have to say, I'm SO impressed by this!! I mean, I'm sure they put a lot of time, money, and effort into launching their new soap, so to discontinue it purely on ethical grounds--- I'm speechless!! Bravo, IE!!!

see how one person CAN make a difference! thats BRILLIANT!!!!
well done!

Dancing
jules2202
5% products discount

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow, the difference one person can make! Well done!
Personally I adore Emulator oil. I have really dry skin and slight eczema and it's brillinat for both. It's the only thing that's made a difference to my skin and calms my eczema break outs right down, i only use a tiny drop and then spend about 5 mins massaging it into my skin. Great for neck and chest area as well.

not sure I'd recommend it for oily skin though as it's very heavy.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Good to meet you too Rona.

I am really attacking the HP this fall. I even took a picture

I am starting again with the TCA Complex and going from there, also they have a new lightening product so those are on the way.

Also working on my body freckles, but that has been difficult. My skin is pretty hard to peel. There was thread started in the DIY section I think, I'll be posting my body peel experiences there.

And I see you have good taste in music Surprised
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing thanks you are the first to mention the sig.
I know the HP is a nightmare before kids I had that peaches and cream complexion never wore any foundation then baby! I really hate to use anything unless it is organic. Some days I feel like just rubbing a fresh cut lemon all over my face but know better! What is working for you? Would love to hear some new ideas.

Great to meet you as well

I am going to try the emulater oil tonight with my OCM thanks for the suggestion

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I can imagine the emu oil industry ..rubbing their hands together in glee at the women who have created such a market for them to exploit.
Well here we are a small little group one of us who has already single handedly put a stop to one company's usage of the product! ...
ahh I do believe one day we will stop killing animals all together...

Einstein said ''"The important thing is not to stop questioning."''

and

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us the 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security. "
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked up emulator oil ...sounds wonderful

Almond seed oil, palm oil, shea butter, flax seed, rosehip and pomegranate oil, sea buckthorn(Hippophae rhamnoides), borage, foraha, kukui (Aleurite moluccans) nut and babassu (Orbignya oleifera) oils; mango, pumpkin seed, kokum (Garcinia Indica) and tucuma (Astrocaryum tucuma) butter, pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Seed Oil and astaxanthin and tocotrienols and lycopene and alpha D-Tocopherol and thioctic Acid and lutein.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Annachan and it feels lovely as well! I just used it as my night time moisturizer for the very first time after my OCM massage. Feels like liquid velvet going on my skin and not too oily as earlier mentioned. It is too early for me to review any lasting effects but will update after using for a while. I am so glad I found this forum or might never have heard of it! Smile

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

To suggest emu fat is harvested without the emu being harvested is like suggesting deer antlers are collected to put on cabin walls, without ever harming the deer.

Sure. Tell me another one.

I know this is an old thread, but I must make a correction to the above statement...

Actually, the majority of antlers you see (just the antler, without the head) were SHED by the deer; the deer were NOT necessarily killed! Every male deer (with Caribou, both male and female) grows, and then sheds their antlers every year. So now, you don't have to feel so bad when you see antler accents! (Unless, of course, they are still attached to the head...)

Have a beautiful day! Very Happy
Leigh-Leigh

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I realize this thread is rather old, but I just joined and have been reading it. I'm seriously impressed by what's been posted. As an animal rights activist, although I do eat meat, I tend to side with those who would not buy the stuff, much less slather it on my skin. I also tend towards an somewhat paranoid level of doubt when it comes to believing what government and corporate spokespeople say. Still, my very perverse nature loved the humour displayed in the thread, like the comments about the music played to the seaweed (I also think heavy metal would do far less harm to any organism than Barry Manilow, lol.) I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but I think I'll enjoy this site!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Getting back to emu oil. I'm just guessing here but my opinion is maybe this company's emu oil is MAN MADE. Does this make sense??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |