Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Review - Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30 powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
About the product:
This is a mineral powder with silicone that offers SPF 30 sun protection. Active ingredients - 12% titanium dioxide and 12% zinc oxide. Inactive ingredients - bismuth oxychloride, calcium silicate, corallina officianalis, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, iron oxide, manganese violet, mica.

Packaging:
I ordered samples of this (fromwww.coolibar.com) so they were in small shaker jars. The full size comes in shaker jars, refillable brush (sold at EDS) or a roller ball.

Application Method:
I applied this following the directions in the package - shake the powder generously onto your skin, press powder into skin, go back over and fill in any bare spots with more powder. I used the "almost clear" (tan) on my face and "all clear" (translucent) on my neck and decollete.

Results:
I hated this!!! This looked like caked on, poorly matched powder makeup. Every pore and wrinkle on my face popped out, and after a few minutes the "almost clear" on my face turned orange. The "clear" is not clear at all, it is a translucent type shade and most definitely leaves a white cast. It might not look so bad with a lighter application, but then I am sure you would not get the promised SPF 30. I did wear this to the pool (no one there to see me) just to see if it did protect from the sun and it seemed to be OK, at least for the 45 min or so I was out there. But I could not wait to come inside and wash this off!!! It is water resistant as advertised by the way, it took scrubbing with soap to get it off my hands and oil to get it off my face and decollete. I am worried that it will clog my pores as it was difficult to remove even with oil. I am so glad I did not spend the money for a full size of this. Even the samples are going in the bin.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I used to love this product--- granted, I'm as white as the powder, so it was a good color for me, LOL!! However, when I discovered how nice real mineral make up could be, I dropped this stuff like a bad habit!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Did you have trouble with it clogging your pores? It was so heavy and hard to remove -- I am petrified that I am going to wake up tomorrow with a face full of unwanted visitors.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I am glad you have reviewed this product as I am finally convinced not to try. I was tempted a while ago but at the time, tried the IS Clinical powder sunscreen instead and just could not take to the brush or the feel of the powder even though it was effective in the sun.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad for this negative review too! Plus Manslayerliz's comments. I've often wondered if it would be in any way superior to MMU anyhow. Crossing that off my list.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this review! I had it on my list to buy from EDS, but now I'll spend my $ on something better. BTW, the reason I was interested in it was the portable brush packaging. It seems like it would be so convenient to carry and use. I wish good MMU like Jane Iredale would sell their products in a portable brush format like this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, updating just to say that 2 sleeps later I don't notice any clogged pores after my Colorescience trial so that is good.

I did use the Tracie Martyn exfoliator one night and the Henry Tianus red clay mask the following night (in addition to my normal OCM and Jurlique face wash cream) so maybe that helped stave off any nasty visitors.

That said, I still think the Colorescience is rotten stuff and I've binned the sample jars.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh, thank goodness i read this forum. I was about to make a purchase of this Colorscience face Sunforgettable Brush thinking my face would be with powdered-sun-makeup while playing golf.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Also, anyone had recommendation of such similar product - powdered SPF?
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you used the "color correctors" of the same family????
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
At first, I am also interested in this product, because I wwant to find a good powder sunscreen.
However, after doing some "research", I found most people said it is bad and have no protection effects. So I give up.
Hope we can both find some good sunscreen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks,You saved me some money. I won't be buying this.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Found this new product from Jane Iredale forum.

EDS doest not carry it yet.

Check this out at janeiredaledirect under product & under powder Me SPF (What's new)

Anyone tried it?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your post! I was about to order one Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Fairrene wrote:
Also, anyone had recommendation of such similar product - powdered SPF?

I like the one from MAD minerals. It does not have bismuth and other ingredients like the Colourscience that can be a problem. Samples are available. You can retractable brushes if you wish to carry in your purse.

Other MMU companies such as Aubrey Nicole sell this also.

http://madminerals.org/catalog.php?item=484&catid=121&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D121
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
there are many mineral products, such as Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15, bare minerals mineral powder, everyday mineral,etc,which one is more lightweight and longwear?
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy haha you apparently saved everyone from the mess of a product, including me. Congrats and thankyou.

EDS stopped selling Bare Escentuals so I didn't get to try that D:

Hmm I checked out MAD minerals, wow what a selection! There was a set of travel mineral brushes that I needed and it was on sale on that site for only 4.99! Can't beat the price anywhere else. =] thank you so much autumn
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I finally ordered and tried both the Peter Thomas Roth and Jane Iredale powder sunscreen.

Both offers the SPF coverage i wanted and what i want the powder SPF to achieve ie. "putting on a foundation but not make-up base". I will strongly recommend Jane Iredale as it comes in a sponge-like container. Easy to apply. The PTR brush-kind is not desirable as the powder does not come out that easily. Extra effort is needed. (so i think any other brand that has this kind of retractable brush is difficult too)
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
using IS Clinical Sunscreen Powder SPF20 - Sun Medium. It is really convenient. Don't have to wait before go out. Laughing I like it.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting about this product. I won't be trying it.

stellamaris wrote:
About the product:
This is a mineral powder with silicone that offers SPF 30 sun protection. Active ingredients - 12% titanium dioxide and 12% zinc oxide. Inactive ingredients - bismuth oxychloride, calcium silicate, corallina officianalis, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, iron oxide, manganese violet, mica.

Packaging:
I ordered samples of this (fromwww.coolibar.com) so they were in small shaker jars. The full size comes in shaker jars, refillable brush (sold at EDS) or a roller ball.

Application Method:
I applied this following the directions in the package - shake the powder generously onto your skin, press powder into skin, go back over and fill in any bare spots with more powder. I used the "almost clear" (tan) on my face and "all clear" (translucent) on my neck and decollete.

Results:
I hated this!!! This looked like caked on, poorly matched powder makeup. Every pore and wrinkle on my face popped out, and after a few minutes the "almost clear" on my face turned orange. The "clear" is not clear at all, it is a translucent type shade and most definitely leaves a white cast. It might not look so bad with a lighter application, but then I am sure you would not get the promised SPF 30. I did wear this to the pool (no one there to see me) just to see if it did protect from the sun and it seemed to be OK, at least for the 45 min or so I was out there. But I could not wait to come inside and wash this off!!! It is water resistant as advertised by the way, it took scrubbing with soap to get it off my hands and oil to get it off my face and decollete. I am worried that it will clog my pores as it was difficult to remove even with oil. I am so glad I did not spend the money for a full size of this. Even the samples are going in the bin.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I think Eminence Organic sunblock SPF30 power is also good
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
rainbowcheng wrote:
Hi, I think Eminence Organic sunblock SPF30 power is also good

are u refering to the one under "Sun Defense" with product name as Eminence No 0., No1. etc ...? If yes, it does not show what form the powder is in? And it is only 0.2oz, very little isn't it? pls share ...
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Fairrene i am still have trouble figuring out a proper way to use the Powder me SPF. How do you use it without to much wastage? I think if i just rub the sponge in circular movements i may not be getting enough/proper SS coverage and i am rubbing off any additional physicall SS that i have worn or moisturizers on the sponque (getting absorbed into the sponge).

the second method i have tried is sort of puffing it in four spots face, chin, and both cheeks sometimes i puff other areas too. then i lightely distribute using the sponge or i use a brush (but this way i see powder flying in the air when i do the puff....and probably wasting too much.

Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
Fairrene i am still have trouble figuring out a proper way to use the Powder me SPF. How do you use it without to much wastage? I think if i just rub the sponge in circular movements i may not be getting enough/proper SS coverage and i am rubbing off any additional physicall SS that i have worn or moisturizers on the sponque (getting absorbed into the sponge).

the second method i have tried is sort of puffing it in four spots face, chin, and both cheeks sometimes i puff other areas too. then i lightely distribute using the sponge or i use a brush (but this way i see powder flying in the air when i do the puff....and probably wasting too much.

Confused

i am using it like yr second method. Puff it on the face all over and then even it using the sponge. on undereye, i just use my finger to blend lightly. I agree that the powder is in the air. It didn't really bother me as i am still using the same bottle after 3mths. Maybe my usage not high.

maybe u can get a smaller sponge or brush, open the bottle to dip and apply on face. Less wastage. (But using the brush might not be comfortable for the face.)
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
yes you are right it does last long. I am still on my first bottle and i think i got mine in June and its still going Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |