Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Someone stole my bike!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so pissed off. I came home today to find out my bike had been stolen. Must have been over the weekend and late at night as there was always someone home. I'm so angry and depressed. It's a really expensive mountain bike that I haven't even gotten to ride much. I just can't believe it. I just brought it down from the cottage a few weeks ago because I thought it would be safer here with people home all the time but I guess I was sadly mistaken. I was going to bring it into the house like I did last year but never got around to it. At least they left me the $60 bike pump still in it's packaging which was right next to it. Guess they didn't have time to cut through the lock either because they took that too. They're probably sawing into it as I write this. All I can hope is that the cops find it and lash those bastards who took it. Sorry guys, just needed to rant. Never been a victim of large theft like this before. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sad
It feels horrible having something stolen from you.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Good news is if they try to pawn it most likely you will get it back, bad news if they strip it for parts you probably wont ever get it back.

Either way having someone steal your things is such a violation, I had my car broken into in broad daylight while I was in the store for all of 4 mins. They stole my brandnew Via Spiga purse with my brandnew Coach makeup bag--all my ID's, SS card--everything, plus about 1,000 dollars worth of CD's. Oh, yeah the car was like 3 months old too. Mad The cop who took the report basically told me I was screwed and would never see my stuff again, so I feel for you! I hate theives!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's just terrible. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
It's terrible isn't it? How do people live with themselves. I've never been robbed before and it just really sucks to know that they took it while we were home. And to make matters worse today is "Blue Monday" which suppsoedly means it's the most depressing day of the year. Some scientist in Cardiff invented a formula and came to the conclusion that today is the saddest day of the year. Well it certainly is for me so far. What a way to start the new year. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
It's terrible isn't it? How do people live with themselves. I've never been robbed before and it just really sucks to know that they took it while we were home. And to make matters worse today is "Blue Monday" which suppsoedly means it's the most depressing day of the year. Some scientist in Cardiff invented a formula and came to the conclusion that today is the saddest day of the year. Well it certainly is for me so far. What a way to start the new year. Sad

Dont let it get you down too much, at least it was a bike that they took and didnt try to break in while you were home, things could of ended up so much worse then...you have a right to be mad though.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am really sorry this happened to you. Sad
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
That is terrible. Sad
I am very sorry.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
That sucks. Sad I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It makes me so mad when people steal stuff ... like, just get a job already stupid low lifes and buy your own stuff. I would just feel violated. I hope you are able to get it back somehow ...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I hate things stolen from me, too. You feel so violated. Guess what? They might have taken your bike, but one day they'll have to answer to the higher power. They won't have a happy life doing things like this to other people.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry.. I haven't had a lot stolen from me, and what was, was just a few small things.. But it still leaves you with a totaly violated feeling... {Worse is when it's done by people who were supposedly your friends and room mates}

They'll pay, in one life or another... Karma is a B****

{{{HUGS}}}

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
That sucks! I feel so bad for you! I've had things stolen from me by strangers and people I knew - it always feels like such a violation. I detest thieves!

I really hope you get your bike back safe and sound. If worse comes to worse, I hope whoever took it gets hit by a Mack truck while riding it! Now some may say that's extreme, but not me - I think it would be a just punishment!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I had someone break into my car within the first few months of moving here. I awoke to my car alarm (lived in an apartment complex)...ran down and saw them drive off. They broke in through the small window in the back door of my sedan (apparently it's the typical entry point).
They got nothing of monetary value, but they stole my apron from work (which had my work schedule in it) my change jar for making change for customers, my bag I bought myself when I graduated from college, in it was my journal I kept since I got married, some photos, and a few papers (unfortunately one included the title to my car). I was in IDIOT to leave that stuff in my car. I came from a town with practically no crime. I had no idea what I was getting into. Now I leave nothing of value, use the Club, etc.

I got scolded by the officer who asked me what would have happened if I had come down 10 seconds earlier. "I would have seen them!" She told me "well, they would have seen you too...and, let's just say some car thieves consider witnesses expendable..." Embarassed
I couldn't sleep well for weeks.
Apparently they hit three other cars in the same stint and my car was what chased them off because of the alarm.
The sick thing was is we had a gated community...and they opened the gate at 6 am...the thieves hit at 6:30am. Several of us that lived in the complex demanded the office keep the gate closed until at least 7am and close it at 9p but they "didn't want it to be a nuisance to tenants"
You know what a nuisance is? GETTING OUR STUFF STOLEN!

ETA: I won't buy a bike...they are stolen here all the time. It's such a waste because you never get it back. If you do buy a bike if you are a student, you always buy a junk bike you don't mind getting stolen (ha!). The sad thing is when students (new freshman and graduate students) bring their expensive bikes because they are serious cyclists...and then within the blink of an eye, their investment disappears and they are out oodles of money.

Just goes to show how terrible some people really are to steal what isn't theirs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I only have one thing to say to thieves. GET A JOB!! Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
That just sucks. Sad Sorry that this happened to you.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man that sucks Crying or Very sad !
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:

sorry windflower, are you in Toronto? my French co-worker had her bike stolen just one week after she arrvied from Paris. she was told Toronto is a safe city, apparently not.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
That's terrible.. Sad I know how you feel. I've had my bike stolen before too.. and what's worst is that not too long ago, someone broke into my car and stole my car's cd player and cyber shot camera... I was too tired that night that I forgot to bring my camera upstairs. $600+ worth of stuff..yeah and they even messed up the passenger's door. Sad
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, was the car they broke into a VW by chance?

My ex-fiance was a press photographer (Associated Press) and he had the "PP" plates on his car. One night he was too tired to grab his camera bag and stereo. Some thieves broke in and stole his stereo (for like the 6th time! It was a pull-out, too, so they just pulled it out for him and took it!) AND his camera bag that had all his pro gear in it - 3 really expensive Nikon cameras, lots of really high end lenses and his vintage Leica (that one was about $3,000 just for the camera body, no lenses attached!). They also took the long-range telephoto lens and monopod that belonged to the AP that he used to shoot baseball games with. It was a total disaster. His car was a VW GTI and the cops told him that VWs are the most broken into car because they're really easy to get into.

I've never really had my car broken into (touch wood), but now I also never leave anything in it in view (just put stuff in the trunk, which is usually empty anyhow expect for emergency roadside kit). My first car was a convertible sports car that was quite low to the ground and one time I left some really expensive sunglasses on the passenger seat. Someone just reached into the car and took them! I would just be TOO P.O.d if someone actually broke into my car so I try to prevent it as much as possible.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, no...I had a Toyota Corolla. Number one car stolen in AZ is a Camry.

Sad...because I couldn't recoup anything, I had to have renter's insurance to get the money back for my stuff...I forgot to say they also stole my cds...though I doubt they liked any of them. Unless Josh Groban, Les Mis, and Gustov Holtz the Planets are their kind of thing...

Now I have insurance on our condo and stuff...so if anything like that happened again, hopefully it would be covered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Actually, no...I had a Toyota Corolla.

Shock That's what I'm driving now! My student car - had to get rid of my beloved Infiniti QX4 (car payment + GAS! + upkeep = $$$$$$$$$$!).

I have heard that the 2001 Toyota Corolla is the #1 stolen car (that's the exact year/model I have!) but doubt someone would want it other than for parts - within 6 months of moving to LA someone in a monster SUV tried to run me over, so my poor little car has a gigantic, $3,500 dent in the side. Los Angeles has by far the worst drivers I have ever had the displeasure to share the road with!
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
It really sucks bigtime! I too have had the unfortunate experience of someone breaking in and stealing all that I hold dear. And the most frustrating thing of all for me (besides losing your stuff and the utter violation you feel)is that I couldnt get my hands on the low-life that did it and force them to see the pain they cause. Not that they would give a damn, but geez...its upsettting. Still I have to believe in what goes round comes round...
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

sorry windflower, are you in Toronto? my French co-worker had her bike stolen just one week after she arrvied from Paris. she was told Toronto is a safe city, apparently not.

Yes I'm in Toronto but not downtown. I'm in the north end. It happens all the time in the city. I remember when I worked uptown people had their bikes stolen from the bike rack right outside our building! Supposedly Toronto is the stolen bike capital of Canada. How lucky for me. Sad I think it was someone in the neighbourhood or a friend of someone in the neighbourhood who knew I had brought my bike down from my cottage. It's usually someone close by in these cases as they stole nothing else from the garage, just my bike. Bastards! I ceratinly believe in Karma so I'm sure they'll get theirs one day. Ah well, no use crying over spilled milk. The police report has been filed so all I can do is keep checking Ebay and hope my bike shows up. Thanks for all the support guys. I really appreicate it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Been there a few times myself, Wildflower! The lesson that I've learned is that you just can't be too careful.

Do you have homeowner's insurance or rental insurance (if you are a renter)? I am sure your policy would cover such things. Some homeowners policies also cover your car if it is broken into whether it is on your property or not. Just depends upon what type of coverage you have.

I hope there's some way you can get your bike back! I believe in karma too... those thugs are goin' to get what's coming to them some day!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Been there a few times myself, Wildflower! The lesson that I've learned is that you just can't be too careful.

Do you have homeowner's insurance or rental insurance (if you are a renter)? I am sure your policy would cover such things. Some homeowners policies also cover your car if it is broken into whether it is on your property or not. Just depends upon what type of coverage you have.

I hope there's some way you can get your bike back! I believe in karma too... those thugs are goin' to get what's coming to them some day!

Well I contacted the insurance company today but with the deductible and the removal of our "claim free" discount it just isn't worth it. That's what sucks about insurance. You pay into it every year but then can't even use it unless you are out a huge chunk of money. It's useless for me at this point. Sad

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |