Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

body shapers/slimmers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any good recommendations on a good body shaper/slimmer for wearing under tight clothes. I have a tiny belly bulge I want to conceal Sad

I don't really like the ultra heavy duty ones.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I DO like CLARINS Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Try 3D Body Definition Serum with botanical Guarana from Yves Rocher

ONLY $14.50
Reg. $29.00
SAVE 50% ($14.50)
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
same here, Clarins body shaping cream!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Spanx? They are very comfortable, light-weight and effective.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry people,
I wasn't specific enough in my post, I meant body shapers/slimmer that are under wear!

Tam, I haven't tired spanx, are they expensive??
I know the shopping channel sells them, but can you get them in stores?
thanks
CG
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! They also have them at the Bay! Definitely give them a try... they really are comfortable. Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for SPANX. I love the Power Panty, and they make a high-waisted Power Panty now too (didn't when I first got mine). Lets me wear snugger pants and skirts without feeling self-conscious at all.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of the SPANX Power Panty is now only available as the Power Panty with Tummy Control? I just got an e-mail for a great deal -- 25% off and free shipping, but they only offer it with Tummy Control. So I bought them, since I needed another pair and hey, I can never have my tummy controlled too much. Wink

The site is
http://www.inthemoodintimates.com/intimate-apparel/spanx.html

And the code for 25% off is DAILY25, to enter as promo code at checkout.
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I like Nancy Ganz Bodyslimmer slip or the Knickers. Really hold you in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Spanx!
I was watching Oprah the other day and the creator of Spanx went from cashing out everything from her bank account to start Spanx and now Spanks has made $150 million in sales
I wish I can invent something and be rich from it
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Spanx their great.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Spanx are wonderful and very comfortable. LOVE THEM!!!! If you are usally a small get a medium.Medium will still have control but leave room for washing. Don't put them in dryer.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie. A friend told me to buy my true size so the Spanx PP would "work". So I did. And I air-dried -- they are still very tight and I feel like I am going to rip them just trying to get them on. So I ordered one size up when I ordered today. I think it will still do the trick and hopefully won't be so traumatic putting them on. Bad Grin
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
problem with spanx is they look hideous when you stripoff! look up rago. They make gorgeous sexy body shapers!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Many department type stores sell body shapers/girdles of all shapes, sizes and colours. I will say this they DO improve a ladies figure! Just be certain to try each one on as each one does not fit the same.

And I have to say that I INVENTED Spanx years ago when I used to cut off the feet of control top pantyhose to wear underneath capri trousers. I just didn't get the credit for it. Wink
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Anna, If you had marketed that you would be retired now!!!!!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Spanx is the best!
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just a word of warning re Spanx -- I bought the high waist kind for a skinny dress over the holidays -- and it rolled down!! Embarassed I felt very Bridget Jones.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
StellaMarie wrote:
Just a word of warning re Spanx -- I bought the high waist kind for a skinny dress over the holidays -- and it rolled down!! Embarassed I felt very Bridget Jones.

Precisely why THIS is so fantastic!

It has a nice low back as well!http://www.whatkatiedid.com/fes_php/fes_usr_sto_popup_product_display.php?fes_action=DisplayImage&fes_prd_id=47&fes_width=440&fes_height=632&fes_uid=fes_45716f9f7bfeb&fes_stp_key=Default&fes_alt_image=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I like Spanx for special occasions. There are quite a few different "levels." The sturdier ones are in the lingerie department , and the lighter ones (my choice) usually are in the socks/nylons department.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Spanx!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Well, my SPANX "tummy control" Power Panties arrived in the same cardboard folder/box as my original ones, so I was relieved that there won't be any additional squeezing going on, other than what I was used to. I love these! I think that going up a size I will still get the firmness and shaping without the struggle to get them on.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
polylass wrote:
I like Nancy Ganz Bodyslimmer slip or the Knickers. Really hold you in.

I have to second this brand. Three weeks ago I bought two Nancy Ganz Bodyslimmer camisole's with build-in bra and LOVE THEM!!!! They are extremely comfortable. But what impressed me most was they totally eliminate any bra lines as well as fit nicely over your stomach & hip area so that any sweater or t-shirt or tailored shirt you wear looks nice and smooth. I bought mine at Sears Canada (at the time, on sale for 30% off Wink ).

5% products discount

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I vote for Nancy Ganz too. Helps keep the tummy tuck in especially after having a baby.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |