Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
CONFUSED!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gabriel
5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2004 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I've been reading the forum and its great to see people helping each other!

From reading I got all confused about many things..... I don't know much.

What's the difference between glycolic acid and sacylic acid?
What other products uses benzoyl peroxide? Can you be allergic to it?

I want to get new skin care products.... I'm so excited Laughing ....... but I'm not sure if i should get one with glycolic acid/sacylic or benzoyl peroxide!

I have oily skin and months ago i had a really bad break out, now my skin is all spotty! Crying or Very sad I used depo provera as a contraception and it cleared my skin. When I stopped it I lost weight and my skin just went really bad and I'm still suffering. It's been almost 6mths and its still not gone so I want to start using products that will work and maybe stronger than what i have now.

Help! Anyone?
Mabsy

Sat May 29, 2004 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gabriel Smile

Ok, here we go Smile

AHA - helps speed up exfoliation of dead skin cells - thus revealing fresh new skin. This may give you a brigther complexion, perhaps reduce the depth of some wrinkes as well and help fade some discoloration. The removal of dead skin cells can subsequently help reduce acne because pores are not being blocked by dead skin cells (which is what commonly leads to acne). Must wear sunblock when using this.

BHA - More effective at penetrating pores than it's AHA cousin - so often used to directly fight acne (frequently in combination with AHAs). Thus you see this featuring in pimple remedies.Not as good in fighting wrinkles etc as AHA because it doesn't penetrate the skin enough but stays on the surface.

Benzoyl Peroxide - used to treat mild-mod acne. Available OTC or by prescription (many different products contain it actually). Yes, you CAN actually be allergic to it.

What products are you using now? I would actually go for a mix of Glycolic and Salicylic - probably because I've used them and they are very effective. Glycolic acid will also help fade scarring. The only thing I ever used with benzoyl peroxide was Clearasil - and that didn't work very well for me at all. However, as usual, different things work for different people. It's a trial and error process Smile

HTH Smile
Mabsy

**Edited to add that: Luvtoshop has posted links for some sites with info about AHAs and RetinA that you may help you clear up some confusion. See this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=9240#9240

Also, while trying to figure out what goes in my next order Smile, I have been surfin' the net and reading reviews. Came across some positively glowing reviews of DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% with Tea Tree Oil. Thought I'd mention it since you asked about BP. I haven't used it, but perhaps people here can give you feedback about it. Or you could see if EDS has any samples of it.
Gabriel
5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2004 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a bunch Mabsy Very Happy

The information has been very helpful. It's wonderful to be able to ask these kinds of questions and get answers..... this forum is a great find!

Let me ask you.... I'm thinking of buying either Murad or Proactiv... which one would you choose if it was up to you and why?

I need a little help on deciding Smile
Mabsy

Mon May 31, 2004 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Hey Gabriel,

You're most welcome Smile

In terms of which I would choose, I would go with Murad - but for different reasons. I haven't ever used Proactiv but I have used Murad products and have been impressed with the ones I have used. So I would go with Murad purely on the previous experiences that I've had with the brand. On the other hand, I know that there have been some positive comments about Proactiv on this forum as well. Unfortunately, you'll find that sometimes different people get different results with the same products - so it's a matter to trying it out. In all honesty, if I had a problem with acne I would probably go with MD Formulations as opposed to Murad anyway. Again, this is based on prior experience with the glycolic/salicylic acid MDF products.

HTH
Mabsy
Gabriel
5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

I guess you are from Australia then? Well I'm going to take your advice and get md formulations but I want to get it now! See the new topic i created? help pls.

You've been so helpful. You're such an angel for answering! Very Happy

Anyway another question. So AHA = glycolic or sacylic?

hehehe I'm so clueless in all this... I thought i knew so much until I found this forum! Surprised
Pinay24
5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have use Proactiv and have been very effective for my pimple specially the mask cream it is so effective if you have pimples and you just put a very little amount on that spot overnight the days its gone.

Natural treatment is the Vinegar(white Vinegar) which is the main ingredients for the skin problem sol'ns. Just clean your face with your favorite facial soap and use a hot towel with vinegar on it or just dab directly into your face and leave overnight. Witch hazel is good as facial cleanser(all natural).
Mabsy

Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gabriel Smile

Surely am - I live in Brisbane actually wave

I saw your topic and just posted a reply too Wink I always get my MDF stuff (actually most of my skincare and makeup Laughing ) from overseas. The price difference is *way* worth it. My main skincare "source" is this very site - have ordered heaps from here before (love the prices plus the service is fab too and you get heaps of samples).

Btw, AHA = Glycolic Acid.

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |