Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
carekate = awesomeness incarnate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I received my package from carekate today, and I'm sooo impressed! I haven't even tried anything yet, and I just have to say that her presentation and generosity make me never want to buy anything from a large cosmetics company ever again. Not that I tend to favor large companies in the first place, but she reminded me how important it is to support those who really have your best interests in mind (Candy, too!).
as for ms. carekate's offerings, she has really got us covered! I won't spoil it with details; i just think that everyone on this board should place an order with her and see what it's all about Smile

And carekate, I have two product requests:
osea's essential corrective oil
and
darphin's chamomile aromatic fluid!

two great, eo-based products that really work, but that are $$$$$$$$....when and if you have the means, you should make your own versions!

Thank you!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I have enjoyed reading all of her posts. Does she have a website or a product list available?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree. Carekate rocks! Very Happy

I ordered her pearl creme and plumping lip balm, and she loaded me up with sample goodies. I'm waiting for more time with the products before writing reviews, but I can say that after trying and loving the super sonic aspirin mask sample, I will definitely be ordering it from her in the near future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I third the feeling. Her lemon-neem cuticle cream is my new HG product. All my life (and I'm not exaggerating here), I have had awful breaking cuticles. I've tried various expensive oils, cheap oils, Barielle's cuticle cream, Burt's Bee etc. Carekate sent me a sample of her lemon-neem cuticle treatment and ..... HOLY COW, I now have decent cuticles! I don't think I can live without it or my hair oil, which is another reason her name is revered at home! I'm terrified the full jar won't make it on time as my sample is finishing...
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I third the feeling. Her lemon-neem cuticle cream is my new HG product. All my life (and I'm not exaggerating here), I have had awful breaking cuticles. I've tried various expensive oils, cheap oils, Barielle's cuticle cream, Burt's Bee etc. Carekate sent me a sample of her lemon-neem cuticle treatment and ..... HOLY COW, I now have decent cuticles! I don't think I can live without it or my hair oil, which is another reason her name is revered at home! I'm terrified the full jar won't make it on time as my sample is finishing...

actually cat, this is what i ordered, too (the cuticle balm and the hair serum). I've already applied the balm to a cuticle that I ripped off with my teeth last night when I was thinking too hard about Baudelaire. It was good timing--it seems to be healing already. Well, I actually thought I ordered the hair balm but she sent me the growth serum instead! I think she intimated somewhere that they were basically the same, ingredient wise. I don't think I can go wrong there, at any rate! I am going to hide it from my boyfriend, though, because he will think I'm crazy if he sees a hair growth treatment in my cabinet--my hair already grows like a weed, but hey, we can always prevent future hair loss, right?

my question to you is, how do you use the hair oil/balm? I will try to use it for my next wash, and I was thinking of putting it on my dry hair as a pre-wash treatment, and using a moisturizing conditioning mask mixed with aloe to rinse, following with acv. I know it is mostly proteins, and I haven't used any proteins since clarifying and remoisturizing my hair...

any suggestions appreciated. I don't want my hair dream to end!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
If she has a website we would luv to see it.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi avalange,

This is how I use it (long post):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19350&highlight=rosemary

I *think* that my hair is growing faster too.

Cat
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I've already applied the balm to a cuticle that I ripped off with my teeth last night when I was thinking too hard about Baudelaire.

This happens to be all the time! Laughing (Avalange you are hilarious!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi avalange,

This is how I use it (long post):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19350&highlight=rosemary

I *think* that my hair is growing faster too.

Cat

CAt,

You should write more reviews, period. thank you so much for the detailed info!

--avalange

Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I love getting parcels from Carekate too - she takes great care wrapping and they always reach Australia very safely.
I love her products too.
I used the Rosemary Scalp Balm last night and my hair loves it.

I'm also sending the Hair growth to my Mum in the UK.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wanting to order her lip products but haven't heard back from her yet. Now I'm even more excited!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've had lots of trouble PMing Carekate. I find that messages get stuck in my Outbox rather than being sent (indicated by being in my Sentbox). Check to see if your messages to her are in your Outbox (they haven't been sent) or Sentbox (they were sent). I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Sometimes they go through and sometimes they don't. Maybe it has to do with whether she has room in her Inbox to receive a message?

c4ward wrote:
I'm wanting to order her lip products but haven't heard back from her yet. Now I'm even more excited!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I've had lots of trouble PMing Carekate. I find that messages get stuck in my Outbox rather than being sent (indicated by being in my Sentbox). Check to see if your messages to her are in your Outbox (they haven't been sent) or Sentbox (they were sent). I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Sometimes they go through and sometimes they don't. Maybe it has to do with whether she has room in her Inbox to receive a message?

c4ward wrote:

I am also having trouble sending her pm's. They sit in my outbox for a while and then disappear but never make it into my sent box. Confused

Does anyone else have a list of the products she sells that they could pm me? Or, is there another way to get in touch wih Carekate?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have trouble reaching Carrie as well. I sent her maybe 3 or 4 PMs, and the first one was sent about a month ago maybe. I have not heard back. I heard about some storm that shuts down her work for 4 days, then her migraine attack, and her grandma's being hospitalized. I am sure she's swamped with private messages, and because of her limited internet access of 30 mins a day M-F, I am sure she's having a hard time catching up with everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if older members or those who ordered from her before would take precedence over us newbies. Hope that helps explain her lack of response.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I did see some of her posts dated 1/24/07 which is...rrrr....TODAY! Well, at least she is doing well. Thank goodness. I don't know Carrie, but she seems like a very nice and helpful person. I read her posts, and how she helped other members living outside of the US by placing an order for them and shipping it out for them. I don't know how she could find time to do so many things, including FT job, PT skincare entrepreneur, helping EDS members, answering PMs, and posting on this site. I think she should be dubbed the wonder woman! (Oh, and if she has kids to take care of on top of all else, I will just have to take my hat off for her (if I was wearing one)....kids take lots of time.)
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:

c4ward wrote:

If they are still in your outbox, it means she hasn't logged in yet to retrieve them. Once she opens the email, it then moves into your sentbox.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
An idea for CareKate ... have you thought about setting up a free, internet-based e-mail account strictly for use by folks who want to order product from you? People are really experiencing frustration with PMing you through EDS, so maybe a Yahoo or Hotmail account that you can access at work via the internet would be the ticket (how about "CareKate@yahoo. com" or CareKate@hotmail. com")?

I find the Yahoo system to be easier to use and it has a large capacity in-box, so it would solve the problem of people not knowing if you got their PM ... and would probably end up being a boon to you because then you'd be receiving ALL the orders sent to you vs. possibly losing some through the EDS PM system. Just a thought.

Since PMing you is difficult, I will be re-posting this on a couple other CareKate threads hoping you see it!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
An idea for CareKate ... have you thought about setting up a free, internet-based e-mail account strictly for use by folks who want to order product from you? People are really experiencing frustration with PMing you through EDS, so maybe a Yahoo or Hotmail account that you can access at work via the internet would be the ticket (how about "CareKate@yahoo. com" or CareKate@hotmail. com")?

I find the Yahoo system to be easier to use and it has a large capacity in-box, so it would solve the problem of people not knowing if you got their PM ... and would probably end up being a boon to you because then you'd be receiving ALL the orders sent to you vs. possibly losing some through the EDS PM system. Just a thought.

Since PMing you is difficult, I will be re-posting this on a couple other CareKate threads hoping you see it!

I'll second that. I like Yahoo, too....or gmail which is a google email system.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
jwils wrote:

I am also having trouble sending her pm's. They sit in my outbox for a while and then disappear but never make it into my sent box. Confused

Ooo, I feel so much better (well, in a weird sort of way) that others have had the same exact problems that I have. I have sent CareKate 5 different PM's starting as far back as 5 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. I keep reading about others receiving their orders so I knew she was still "in business" and that others' private messages must be getting thru. I was starting to take it a bit personally!! Bad Grin I have tried to be patient but.....it's so hard!! I really want to try her Pearl Cream!!
Anyone have any other way to get in contact with her????
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
... Anyone have any other way to get in contact with her????

In a word, nope! That's why I suggested the yahoo or hotmail account. We'll have to wait and see if she notices my suggestion and if she decides to go forward with it or not. *Fingers crossed!*
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i had to wait a long time, too! She is only one person, and clearly she is getting swamped with requests, and she has a life outside of her burgeoning product business! I am positive that she will be able to get to you all in due time... She puts a lot of thought and 'care' into her packages, as well, so please be patient, and you will reap the rewards!

--avalange

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
hi, i had to wait a long time, too! She is only one person, and clearly she is getting swamped with requests, and she has a life outside of her burgeoning product business! I am positive that she will be able to get to you all in due time... She puts a lot of thought and 'care' into her packages, as well, so please be patient, and you will reap the rewards!

--avalange

Avalange, have you tried Carrie's Rosemary Hair Growth Serum?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse,

I just got it in the mail today, so I won't be trying it out for a couple of days at least... I'll let you know what I think, but in the meantime, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it if I were you. You've been pretty silent about your own hair issues--how is everything turning out? What have you decided to do?

Wink

--avalange

jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just read a post from Carekate where she mentioned that a lot of the pm's in her inbox disappeared! That may explain why the ones I sent her are no longer in my Outbox but not in my Sentbox either.

I know she has limited internet access and didn't want to inundate her with pm's, but now that I know there was a problem, I think I'll try re-sending.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
maybe we should just begin a thread with a particular product and 'sign up' for it... That way, everyone can post their needs and their email addresses? Not sure if that would work, though...

--avalange

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |