Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where do you buy your EMU oil? What to look for in EMU oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I want to buy some EMU oil, and would like to check with my friends on EDS where you have bought yours. What do you look for in EMU oil to ensure high quality? Is the oil supposed to be clear color or white?
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to post here, but could someone tell me what is emu oil for??

I am using AHA products recently so my skin seems very ROUGH especially after apply the foundation cos it is exfoliating..

therefore, can I use emu oil??
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse-I buy it from diannayvonne.com. I don't know what I look for in emu oil, I bought it there after a recommendation from here. I have no problems with it. I love the stuff.
SharonJ- You can definately use it after you aha products. On me, it seems to take away redness and calm my skin down a bit. It makes it really soft also.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sharon, here's a link to one site listing the many uses of EMU oil: http://www.highcascadeemus.com/emu_oil_uses.html
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I get mine from LB Processors.
The one I like the best is Ultra Emu.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I get mine from LB Processors.
The one I like the best is Ultra Emu.

HTH,
Lucy.

Lucy, I went to that site, but it was confusing. It looked like I had to buy their sample package or something.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
What on earth is triple-processed/refined or six times processed/refined EMU oil??? How many times does it have to be processed?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Try http://lbemuoil.com/ultraemuoil(1).htm.

Good luck,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
thx razinkane and Cherisse
I already added it in my shopping list and just wanna make sure ive pick the right thing for my skin type

and razinkane,u mentioned reducing redness..but what if my cheeks have warm tones since i was little especially if it was warm/hot(some said thats because my skin was very thin)

do u think emu oil helps in this occasion?
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I also bought from LB Processors based on the recommendations from this board. I bought the sample pack so I could see, feel and smell the different types of emu oil. The sample pack will for quite some time. I think I like the ultra emu oil, but there's nothing wrong with the other types I received either. BTW, their customer service is awesome.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
if you go to SHOP at EDS and click on Dremu oil and then click on reviews, there is tonnes of info from EDS members.

I was just wondering about emu oil yesterday too! It seems that the more refined it is the less odorous and more clear it becomes.

I still have to get over that this stuff is from a bird before I order it. And i definately will not be able to handle it if it has an "animal" smell. But there are so many people out there praising it.

Has is worked for anyone in clearing acne???

CG
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same question with Canadian Girl...does it work for pimples?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
SharonJ wrote:

If the web site I posted above re: many uses of Emu oil can be believed, acne is the first use on their list....

The Many Uses of Emu Oil

Some of these uses either have been or are in the process of being documented by research studies, while others are from personal experiences.

Acne - helps clear skin more quickly with less scarring.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
SharonJ wrote:

If the web site I posted above re: many uses of Emu oil can be believed, acne is the first use on their list....

The Many Uses of Emu Oil

Some of these uses either have been or are in the process of being documented by research studies, while others are from personal experiences.

Acne - helps clear skin more quickly with less scarring.

I've had that experience with emu oil... it does heal pimples faster.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I prefer to use the "creamy' emu oil - and no, it doesn't smell. I live in Oz and buy it from the health food store but there are many reputable sites on line that sell it.

I love it as a moisturiser - after I have rubbed it on my face I rub the remainder into my hands and nails - as a side benefit I have found that my nails have stopped breaking and splitting. I have tried every nail strengthener under the sun and none have worked - except for the wonderful emu oil Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
What on earth is triple-processed/refined or six times processed/refined EMU oil??? How many times does it have to be processed?

These days I no longer believe it needs to be triple processed. Standard Australian processing is fine by me - actually feels better and less oily.
We've been discussing the colour, texture, processing etc. a lot over on the Dremu thread - here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14476&start=100
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:

I still have to get over that this stuff is from a bird before I order it. And i definately will not be able to handle it if it has an "animal" smell. But there are so many people out there praising it.

CG

You might want to know that the emus are killed primarily to extract the oil from their skin and then secondly for food. Farmers make more money from the oil than from the meat. It's also not just from a 'fat pack' on the back of the emu, it's extracted from the whole of their skin, (I've been doing a bit of research into it). That's something I'm personally not happy with so I chose not to use it.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
SharonJ-I mean reducing redness as in calming the skin, its an imflammatory. It really does work well, and you'll never know if it works on those until you try it. Let us know how it goes.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
The other day i went into a health food store and saw this emu oil, i was expecting something clear and oily, but no, it is white creamy stuff, just like animal fat. even though i have heard some many raves about it, i still hesitate to apply that on my face.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
The other day i went into a health food store and saw this emu oil, i was expecting something clear and oily, but no, it is white creamy stuff, just like animal fat. even though i have heard some many raves about it, i still hesitate to apply that on my face.

That type of emu oil which is the regular I put on my body (off white creamy kind) For he face I use ultra emu at night since it's heavier in consistency and the clear emu during the day all mixed with my HA serum. Also got my bottles from dianna yvonne, got about 1 oz bottle each months ago and it's lasting me forever since a little goes a long way with this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I bought some emu oil but I started getting some breakouts on my face. I rarely breakout so I think its the emu. It did make my skin really smooth though, and I wish I could use it. Am I doing something wrong, like maybe using too much or am I just sensitive to it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I found thatwww.bio-alternatives.com sells 2 oz of Emu oil for $17.99. It's what they call pharmaceutical grade Emu oil, so I called and asked what that meant. The guy said it means the Emu oil was refined so many times that what is left is pure Emu oil and it's edible, odorless and tasteless. So I bought it since I wanted to buy their 85% Cervacrol Oil of Oregano, too. They got really good prices with 30 day money back guarantee. Seems I can't lose money if I don't like it. I think Tangal was the one who recommended this site. They got great stuff at reasonable prices. I'm hoping the quality is as high as they claim.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, the site looks interesting do update us on how the emu turns out.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have been usin the LB Processors triple refined Emu oil and I love Emu Oil! It really has made a visible difference on my skin. The LB P one is a bit pricey though. But I tried the Longview Farms one before and I didn't like the smell and I didn't notice it working as well as the LB P one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy-you don't know what you're missing Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |