Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Don't forget to check your Trader Joe's for goodies!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
HEY! We have tofurkey! We have that gravy! HEY!
Laughing
Well, it depends on your TJs and region. If you live in a non-vegetarian area, your TJs can't afford the space to stocK it. depends on what sells.

Silver Lake or Santa Monica stores in LA are brimming with veggie choices.

We don't have all the HABA (Health and Beauty Aids), true. We only sell what is tried and true. We don't even carry entire lines of Kiss My Face or Desert Essence -- only the products that have passed our standards. And they are tested regularly.

We recently cut off a peanut butter supplier -- not up to standards. We'd rather not sell peanut butter for a couple of weeks, than sell subpar peanut butter. The highly popular honey mango shaving cream is on probation -- not up to standards TWICE. The vitamins are checked and tested every week.

Customer confidence and customer service are the ultimate priority. As a shopper at TJs, I always got that "party line." But now that I've worked there a year -- it's amazing the lengths they go to. Number One on the Company mission statement: Integrity. And it's not just PR.

Dig this -- our TJs has limited parking. As they all do; we got way more popular than Joe ever anticipated. So, Saturday and Sunday, management asked employees to not park in the lot. Park in the nearby neighborhood. That'll open up 40 more spaces. Fine. But they didn't just ask us to not park in the lot. If we don't park in the lot, they'll give up a $5.oo free lunch from the store on Saturday and Sunday. Or we can have a $5.00 gift card to Jamba Juice or Baha Fresh.

Now, how many corporations would just say "No parking! Deal with it!"

But to offer a quid pro quo? They don't have to do that.

Pretty spectacular. Everybody wins. Customers, employees, management. And it costs $200 a day. Increase in sales, with those additional spaces is probably $15,000 on those days, easy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Sidda, I'm more and more impressed! I'd take that free juice card every day of the week, LOL! I'm also very impressed that TJs has such high QC standards. What you said about the vegetarian stuff makes sense too--- I guess Cleveland doesn't exactly count as a high-vegetarian area, huh? Laughing (PS- you have GOT to try that tofurky gravy over mashed potatos!! DH is a meat-eater and he loves it!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
We go to TJ's once a week. Best prices for eggs, milk and butter.

I read a review about the TJ's shampoo - supposed to be stellar.

Among our staples:
* the mandarin orange chicken ... that stuff is always sold out!
* oyster crackers
* Joe's O's cereal
* The chocolate filled chocolate cookies are to die for!
* the premade marinades.... cuban something and the indian ones.
* edamame
* frozen basil
* frozen flatbread (like a small pizza)
* the desserts
* frozen meatballs
* roasted garlic salsa
* lime chips
* nonfat yogurt - the small flavored ones for me and the big tubs for my dogs.
* Kashi instant oatmeal
* dog bones ... super cheap!

.. and there was an article in the news about the tofu noodles - low carb and tastes great. Also the 0% greek yogurt as sour cream substitute.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
All good choices. Also (crew faves)

The barbecued chicken salad
The canned marinated bean salad
The Mediterranean humus (much better than regular)
Sundried Tomato Pesto Torte
Caramel Walnut Tarte
French Village Maple yogurt
Cod sticks

All salt and sugar scrubs (ahem)
Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil (ahem)
TJ's Apple Cider Vinegar (ahem)

All frozen fruit. Far away blows all competition out of the water in every single expert/consumer panel/survey. Deservedly so.

And try them new Buttermilk Garlic Mashed Potato Chips. hey. Try a whole BAG.
Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
.. And try them new Buttermilk Garlic Mashed Potato Chips. hey. Try a whole BAG. Bad Grin

O M G ! ! ! All this talk about food is making me DROOL!

And Sidda, those chips sound SINFUL! Garlic mashed potatos are one of my biggest vices - and now they come in CHIPS? I *SO* did NOT need to know that!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
They are sinful. And magically tasty. I'm not chip-eater, and I was amazed.

Thank God they come in a smaller bag. So you don't end up eating a duffel bag full. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
They are sinful. And magically tasty. I'm not chip-eater, and I was amazed.

Thank God they come in a smaller bag. So you don't end up eating a duffel bag full. Laughing

They make a duffel bag size? Anxious
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda, I've been trying to get them to put one in Dallas for over a year. I was in CA a year ago and tried to buy everything in the store until DH came along and reminded me that we would have to buy two suitcases to get it home. I LOVE TJ'S Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

Bad Grin

Will have to pick up a bag and try those...geeze still trying to lose the holiday pounds here. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sida:

Can you find out for me if the Ascorbic Acid they sell is L Ascorbic or D-Ascorbic ? I emailed them and they told me some vague answer as in depends on the supplier ????

As you know, only L-Ascorbic acid is good for making the C serum.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love Trader Joe's, thanks for starting this thread Cherise! When the grocery stores went on strike, it didn't affect me too much since I do the majority of my shopping here.

Goodies I always like to stock up on.

2 buck Chuck! [you know, that Charles Shaw wine TJ's is never gonna run out of? ]
Lavendar oil salt scrub - so many good ingredients in this, you could eat it!
Desert Essence Jojoba oil -
kitty food [my 16 year old tabby cat loves their chicken w/rice, lamb w/rice concoctions]
Dark Chocolate bars!
paper products
phosphate free laundry soap
Castille soap
Dr. Bonner's peppermint soap
Trek Mix granola
Organic Multi-grain hot cereal
dutch cheddar cheese!
Luna granola bars
Complete EFA omega supplements
Kiss My Face lotions

And there's no doubt Trader Joe's screens people carefully before they hire them. In all the years I've been shopping there, I've only had one lackluster experience.

I lived in the dakotas for a couple years with my husband. My family had to send me TJ's "care packages" several times a year just so I wouldn't go into withdrawal...

Very Happy Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse--i have actually used the revive before and their nourish shampoo. the revive is much better than the nourish in terms of cleansing power. i have such a oily hair but i am sure the nourish one would be good for those who have drier hair.

one thing i do love is their midsummer night dream's moisturizing lotion. it also comes in a cream version. the ingredients are very nice and it comes unscented but i do detect a faint aloe vera scent. you get a huge bottle for a little price, i think around $3, and i love adding actives like seakelp bioferment or liquid kelp into the lotion to make a super body lotion for my body since i tend to ignore all other areas besides my face, neck and hands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Cherisse--i have actually used the revive before and their nourish shampoo. the revive is much better than the nourish in terms of cleansing power. i have such a oily hair but i am sure the nourish one would be good for those who have drier hair.

one thing i do love is their midsummer night dream's moisturizing lotion. it also comes in a cream version. the ingredients are very nice and it comes unscented but i do detect a faint aloe vera scent. you get a huge bottle for a little price, i think around $3, and i love adding actives like seakelp bioferment or liquid kelp into the lotion to make a super body lotion for my body since i tend to ignore all other areas besides my face, neck and hands.

Wow, thank you for sharing this tip. Yes, my hair is super dry, so the revive wouldn't work for me. I'm glad I went with the nourish one then. Maybe that was why I picked it. LOL

I have to try their body lotion. I'm not happy with the vicky secret one since it's too perfumey. It doesn't seem to miosturize my skin like it used to either.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
I love Trader Joe's, thanks for starting this thread Cherise! When the grocery stores went on strike, it didn't affect me too much since I do the majority of my shopping here.

Goodies I always like to stock up on.

2 buck Chuck! [you know, that Charles Shaw wine TJ's is never gonna run out of? ]
Lavendar oil salt scrub - so many good ingredients in this, you could eat it!
Desert Essence Jojoba oil -
kitty food [my 16 year old tabby cat loves their chicken w/rice, lamb w/rice concoctions]
Dark Chocolate bars!
paper products
phosphate free laundry soap
Castille soap
Dr. Bonner's peppermint soap
Trek Mix granola
Organic Multi-grain hot cereal
dutch cheddar cheese!
Luna granola bars
Complete EFA omega supplements
Kiss My Face lotions

And there's no doubt Trader Joe's screens people carefully before they hire them. In all the years I've been shopping there, I've only had one lackluster experience.

I lived in the dakotas for a couple years with my husband. My family had to send me TJ's "care packages" several times a year just so I wouldn't go into withdrawal...

Very Happy Laughing

awww..that's so sweet of your family. I will miss TJs too if I ever moved away. Their products are awesome.
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda thanks for all the info on TJ's it is nice to spend your mopney at a store that really cares about the customer. I especially was glad to hear about the vitamins!
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I live next door to a Trader Joe's (OK, there's a church in between), but I'm another one who prefers Whole Foods. Of course, I do some shopping at TJs, with it being so close.

Whole Foods has really been improving its prices lately, especially if you buy its Whole Foods Brand (365) items. I swear I bought a whole week's worth of food a couple of weeks ago for about $40. I nearly fell over after the cashier finished ringing me up.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
My REVIEW of the chow-mein chicken stir-fry and orange chicken:

Chow-mein chicken stir-fry - Both my kids love it. Easy to make. Tasty! I only used half a bag of the sauce though, or it would drown my noodles. Also I added a bit of my own soy sauce just to make it a bit more salty for my taste. 5 out of 5 stars

Orange Chicken - I used the oven-cooking method instead of frying pan because I didn't want to add more oil to it. I think this one is only ok in my book. It tasted a bit like chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce. If I'm really hungry, I'd eat it, but otherwise there's a Chinese Fast Food nearby that makes awesome orange chicken. My older boy (11 yrs old) said it was ok for him, too. He doesn't love it, but would be ok to eat it. He said a bit too doughy for him. My little one (6) won't eat it. 3 out of 5 stars
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
All good choices. Also (crew faves)

The barbecued chicken salad
The canned marinated bean salad
The Mediterranean humus (much better than regular)
Sundried Tomato Pesto Torte
Caramel Walnut Tarte
French Village Maple yogurt
Cod sticks

All salt and sugar scrubs (ahem)
Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil (ahem)
TJ's Apple Cider Vinegar (ahem)

All frozen fruit. Far away blows all competition out of the water in every single expert/consumer panel/survey. Deservedly so.

Bad Grin

Oh yeah, I bought my apple cider vinegar for my hair at TJs, too. I wish they carry the oil of oregano, but they didn't. I had to order that one online (dang it). I got the tea tree oil to use on the ringworm problem I was having, and it's not clearing it totally, but keeping it at bay until I get the oregano oil to kick its butt.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:

OMG ... gift boxes from Trader Joe's are THE THING for Hawai'i people. My mom goes into a frenzy when she visits. Then she packs up a huge box (usually 2) and mails it home. My girlfriends are always sending me lists of things to pick up.

I think the orange bread mix is supposed to be good too ...at least that's a frequent request from one of my girlfriends.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cherise! I get TJ's salads for luch & love them. There's a lot of great things there for very decent prices.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Wow, thank you for sharing this tip. Yes, my hair is super dry, so the revive wouldn't work for me. I'm glad I went with the nourish one then. Maybe that was why I picked it. LOL

I have to try their body lotion. I'm not happy with the vicky secret one since it's too perfumey. It doesn't seem to miosturize my skin like it used to either.

Cherisse,

thank you for starting this thread. i do love trader joe's so much. they have an awesome ready made pizza dough and i love making pizza with it. also their pepperoni is very high quality and not overpriced.

most of victoria's secret and bath & body works lotions are terrible! they smell nice but i have heard the high alcohol content is why they never seem to moisturize even though you pile them on. i do love the smell of love spell though, so i just dab it on perfume on my wrists and neck but i never use it to really moisturize.

Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!! I miss TJ's and I have never even been to one. What do I have to do to get one to come to Iowa?!?
There is one in Minneapolis and I have to take my son up there on Monday (he goes to the Shriners Hosp there). Hopefully, we will have time to swing by. Who needs the Mall of America. I wanna go to Trader Joe's!!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
kandaboersma wrote:
OMG!! I miss TJ's and I have never even been to one. What do I have to do to get one to come to Iowa?!?
There is one in Minneapolis and I have to take my son up there on Monday (he goes to the Shriners Hosp there). Hopefully, we will have time to swing by. Who needs the Mall of America. I wanna go to Trader Joe's!!

My friend is a PR person for TJs....maybe she will know what the plan of expansion is. I remember her telling me that when TJs was about to open in NY, people were camping out before the store opened that first day....crazy, huh? We Californians just take TJs for granted.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Cherisse wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Cherisse,

thank you for starting this thread. i do love trader joe's so much. they have an awesome ready made pizza dough and i love making pizza with it. also their pepperoni is very high quality and not overpriced.

most of victoria's secret and bath & body works lotions are terrible! they smell nice but i have heard the high alcohol content is why they never seem to moisturize even though you pile them on. i do love the smell of love spell though, so i just dab it on perfume on my wrists and neck but i never use it to really moisturize.

Kristen

Oh I didn't know about their pizza dough. I need to look for it next time I go in. Wow, now that I know it's only 1.25 miles from where I work, I can just walk there at lunch, and pick up a few things as a way to get some exercise. I love walking especially when it's nice out.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Sad to say, Iowa is not on the list for a TJs -- for the next three years, anyway. For TJs to open stores, certain education and income standards must be met in the area. Our target customer is an out-of-work college professor. That is, well-educated, well-travelled, and thrifty. Surprised

TJs did, indeed open in Manhattan on a Friday (St. Patrick's Day) -- how crazy is that? -- last spring. It is the highest grossing store in the whole chain. Two buck chuck costs three dollars there -- thanks to NY taxes. Queens is next.

I'll check on the ascorbic acid, but I'm surprised you got a vague answer. You might try calling the Monrovia office. I can get you the name and number of the customer service head honcho -- she has a master's in nutrition and will understand your concern.

TJs does sell oregano oil -- in olive oil, in capsules. I take it every day. You should find it in the vitamin section. If not, ask at the Pit (manager's desk is front).

Midsummer Night's Cream has, I believe, been discontinued. It certainly hasn't been in my store for the past year. . . Crying or Very sad

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |