Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lip plumpers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2004 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a good lip plumper? I've been using one by Skinn and found it quite good, although a bit 'jammy', and was wondering if there were any other effective treatments out there. I am curious about 'plumpers' specifically rather than treatments for dry lips...... Confused

Anya
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2004 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Have only used the Benefit one which I thought was just okay...can't really recommend. I have heard of one called "City Lips" and "Venom Bite"????? I know it sounds ridiculous....I'm sure there are some folks who know what I'm thinking of here. I want to know, too. My lips are not full and I would love for them to be plumper....
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:05 am      Reply with quote
HB has some threads on this, the general consensus seems to be that they are cr@p. I use this stuff by collection 2000, which is a cheapo make-up range, but their lip gloss with maxi-lip is only £2.50, and while I haven't turned into Angelina Joilie, my lips are better with fewer of those feathering lines. I have pals who have spent small fortunes on duwop lip venom and molton brown only to be really dissappointed. Here are the threads

http://forums.handbag.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125072&highlight=lip+plumpers

http://forums.handbag.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97195&highlight=lip+plumpers

Hope that helps
Liz
Mabsy

Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:31 am      Reply with quote
The only one I've ever tried was one made by SkinDoctors (Australian company??). All I can say is OUCH! I can understand WHY the lips might get bigger - they were well and trully irritated! But mainly they just got really red, swelled up a bit - it just looked odd to me plus didn't feel very nice at all. I haven't tried other products though so I'm not sure if they all sting.

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
You know, this may sound weird, but I swear when I wear lipgloss my lips "feel" fuller and healthier and sexier Drool Now, I'm no Betty Boop Shame on you but my confidence is higher than when I wear just lipstick of any brand I've tried so far. I know, I know, I'm really weird at times Laughing
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input everyone - looks like there's no out and out winner here. I bought Skinn from the shopping channel and the kit included a 3 minute lip mask, which reddens the lips temporarily; an "instafill" cream treatment which fills in the lines on the lips and those lines above the lips (you younger members haven't got THOSE yet Wink ) and lastly the lip volumizing serum (the jammy one).
I haven't tried any other brands and quite honestly when I ask at the beauty counters, I'm met with blank stares. I'm surprised the major cosmetic companies haven't come out with this product yet. Looks like I have to re-order Skinn....... Think

Anya
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:03 am      Reply with quote
well there's plenty we can do to fake them bigger.

While Lip Venom doesn't really give you bigger lips is does seem to give them a redder just been making out hue.I don't know anything that will 'really' plump them.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Anya...what about the ads at the top of the bulletin? There are a few advertising for plumper lips

Transdermal, Savage and another called Lip Enlarger. Give them a try. Let us know the outcome. ok? Smile
lanee

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:09 am      Reply with quote
you could try
Gale Hayman Lip Lift With Collagen & Vitamin E
they rave about it on QVC in the UK.
Caspers Mum

Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
This is a product available in Canada, and though I have not used it, my best friend has. I've pasted part of an e-mail regarding this product.
Question
Modelle does work, but you have to be religious in its application. I have started using it as my around the clock lipbalm and this has meant a marked improvement in fullness. However, once you lay off the stuff fullness begins to decrease. It has a very pleasent smell (coconut) and makes lips feel very silky.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum You just reminded me, I have a coupon for a free trial of Modelle Surprised Will check it out for sure!
I've never heard of those other brands posted, and its probably 'coz they aren't available in Canada. I'll be going to the US next month and will check there and let you know Wink

Anya
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Or we could all just start making out like crazy and have nice full lips as a result.... Very Happy hee, hee, hee....
Mabsy

Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:26 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Or we could all just start making out like crazy and have nice full lips as a result.... Very Happy hee, hee, hee....

Sounds like a lot more fun than the SkinDoctors lip stuff I tried! Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:27 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:

.....or get our other halves to not shave.......a good chinpaddy always works wonders! Trouble is I can't fit guapaboy into my handbag Laughing

if anyone wants to try the c2000 cheapo stuff pm me and i'll try and send some over to you. You'll have to wait til mt exams are over tho!
Liz
Tracy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
OK, the other day I did some bargain cosmetic shopping at CVS and found a product by Sally Hanson called 'Lip Grip + Plumper'. I've only tried it under my Clinique gloss, but I did notice a bit of a difference and at $4.99 it is a bargain. It also contains vit E & C to protect the lips. It claims to extend the wearablity of your lipstick, but again, I've only worn it under gloss so I cannot attest to that claim. It also states that it prevents colour from feathering.
scootercat
5% products discount

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend that swears by Lip Explosion. I read the description in my Bliss catalogue the other day and it promised 40% fuller lips, which to me sounded a bit scary!!

http://www.blissworld.com/shop/detail/BO-01/

Amy
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
perricone! must try it.. I tried in the store and 10 min.. later my lips where full.. hehe very cool..
Sunshine
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone tried Lip Explosion or Lucky lips? I really want to get a good lip plumper and I don't know which one is the best.

Cool
crinklecut
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Darn, there goes $4.25 down the drain. Crying or Very sad I just bought Benefit's Lip Plump on ebay today before reading this thread. Speaking of Benefit, has anyone tried Benetint sheer rose stain for lips? That stuff is just flying off of ebay!

crinklecut ~~~
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:21 am      Reply with quote
errrr hate to put a downer on this thread but you have to be careful with lip plumps as most of them work by actually making you lips swell. This isn't very good and can after a while give you deflated looking lips!! Shock We must avoid inflammation of any sort on our skin as this can lead to ageing.

I think you should stick to fake full lips like, benefit, although not the best it works by filling up the creases with tiny beads, good moisturisation and lip gloss Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:22 am      Reply with quote
crinklecut wrote:

Speaking of Benefit, has anyone tried Benetint sheer rose stain for lips? That stuff is just flying off of ebay!

I have the Benetint lip balm and the Benetint rose-tinted cheek stain.

The lip balm is ok. No better than cheaper tinted lip balms though, definately not worth the price.
As for the cheek stain,well, I've only tried it a couple of times on my cheeks but found it really difficult to apply. I find it much easier to use a powder blush, I really like Benefit Dandelion. A nice subtle colour for my pale skin.
Is the cheek stain supposed to be a dual product, both lips and cheeks? Confused
crinklecut
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Toe: "Is the cheek stain supposed to be a dual product, both lips and cheeks?"

Yes it is, although frankly, the bottle looks like nail lacquer to me. Cool

littlebo, thanks for your comments on Benefit Lip Plump. If it'll fill in itsy bitsy lines and cracks, that's fine by me. My lips don't exactly look like " —" anyway, so I can get by without the plumpin'. Laughing

crinklecut ~~~
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
crinklecut wrote:

Yes it is, although frankly, the bottle looks like nail lacquer to me. Cool

I know what you mean! Tried it on my lips yesterday after studying the Benefit website and realising that it was a dual product.
I won't be trying that again! Shock
It felt really drying and so I'll probably stick with the Benetint Lip Balm which is the same rose-colour as the stain. At least with a balm I know it is supposed to keep my lips soft rather than dry them out. Smile
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Since starting this thread awhile back, I've also tried Modelle, Emu Oil lip balm and Avon Lip Conditioner and while none of them actually plump the lips, I found Avon to be the best of the lot!
It's more of a treatment than anything, and it leaves the lips nice and soft, which gives a full effect and the price is right Very Happy
I've been tempted to buy Lip Explosion online, but would love to hear from anyone who has tried it before I jump in with my credit card!

Anya
Tracy
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
"Is the cheek stain supposed to be a dual product, both lips and cheeks?"

I bought a bottle of this a couple of years ago and tried it on both my lips and cheeks a few times, it has been sitting in my box of useless items ever since. I didn't like it, but I've always read rave reviews on it, that's why I bought it. Wish I would have had better luck with it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |