Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: blinc Kiss Me mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I got this in black as a free sample from Glow. I had taken advantage of a coupon code "shopetc" which gave me 20% off. (I had ordered a Mineral Essence kit...I'll review in a later post)

Okay, back to the mascara...

Their slogan: Stop painting your lashes...TUBE them! Laughing

Well, it is a fair slogan. This mascara goes on just about like any other, but the formula does wrap around each lash...the Tube effect. It dries pretty fast and gives the lashes a very nice full look.

Application: When I had first applied this blink mascara, I had smudged some directly under my eye, and above the upper cheek. I did what they said, I waited for it to dry (which was pretty fast)...and walla! --It came off effortlessly and without any need for makeup remover, cream or even water. (that's with the skin tho)

Applied on, I absolutely loved it! I even had to "test" it by splashing water on my face and around the eyes...absolutely no smears, fading, drips & no smudge! I used this with my own natural eyelashes. *It's recommended to be used with false eyelashes too...for a far more dramatic look. --not my style personally. I just applied it as I normally would any other mascara...and it was very rich and thick...my lashes looked both fuller and longer, but in a classy way.

Wearability: This lasts as long as you keep it on...and I mean, as long as you keep it on! I'd like to say, I fell asleep in it, to take it for a test drive on it's claim, BUT...I actually just fell asleep during a movie and didn't wake up til morning. Embarassed If that isn't bad enough, I washed my face as usual and forgot about removing the mascara. It stayed on! In the afternoon, I remembered and chose to remove it.

Removal: Removal is quite simple...all you need is a washcloth and warm water. I had to make sure I got the area premoistened well, and then with light presure wiped downward with the washcloth. The mascara does come off in tubes! lol If you aren't careful tho, and don't moisten the lashes well, you may end up pulling out an eyelash or two...I did that. Wink

Price: well the sample was free, so that's a definite bargain...to try before buying. Very Happy To purchase, depending on the store, it runs anywhere between $22 - $25; depending on shade comes in roughly a .19 oz to .22 oz mascara tube.

Well, I have sensitive eyes & most mascaras I've tried, I have had to toss out because of a reaction or sensitivity. This mascara caused no such reactions. I love it! Now, I can wear mascara again. YAY! So, for me, I feel it's worth $24 ($19.20 with 20% off) so I ordered one.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Blinc Tubing Mascara (5 ml)
Blinc Tubing Mascara (5 ml)

Formerly known as Kiss Me, blinc is the original mascara invented to form tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes rather than painting them like conventional mascaras. Once applied, these beauty tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout and then out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning.

MystiKat

Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Smile
I have been using the blinc kiss me mascara for about a year.

It does do everything it promises. It is waterproof, even in the pool, no smudging or flaking but the part I love is that unlike any waterproof mascara I've ever tried, it is very easy to remove!

I use two cotton rounds moistened well with warm water. I hold them against my closed eyes for about 30 seconds and gently wipe. All the tubes slide off with NO damage to my eyelashes, unlike any waterproof mascara I've used. I'm using the Jan Marini Eyelash Intervention so I'm very careful with my lashes.

At first, when I read about the tube thingies, I was concerned because I wear contacts and my eyes are easily irritated. That hasn't been a problem at all.

Although the blinc kiss me is a great mascara for everyday, it isn't my favorite. It's not as fine and natural looking as Prescriptives False Eyelashes, which I ~love~ as far as appearance. PFE isn't waterproof but it doesn't flake or smudge and is easy to remove.

=^.^=MystiKat~
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't care for this mascara - it lengthened wonderfully but it did not thicken my lashes or give them volume.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was wearing this the other day when I went to the eye doctor. She dilated my eyes and then said 'I have to know what kind of mascara you are using. Even the most waterproof mascaras always run with these drops.'

So I told her it was the Blinc mascara, and I believe we have added another fan to the club.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
i dont care for this mascara either! i see how it coats and makes tubes, but it hardly volumizes or lengthens [for me at least!] Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
MystiKat wrote:
Smile
I use two cotton rounds moistened well with warm water. I hold them against my closed eyes for about 30 seconds and gently wipe. All the tubes slide off with NO damage to my eyelashes, unlike any waterproof mascara I've used. I'm using the Jan Marini Eyelash Intervention so I'm very careful with my lashes.

=^.^=MystiKat~

I didn't have an eyelash treatment/conditioner handy. I bet that'll help a lot! I ordered a Jane Iredale eyelash condition...we'll see how that works. Thanks for sharing...if Jane Iredale doesn't work, I'll have to try Jan Marini. Smile
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this mascara for a couple of weeks now, and I still can't make up my mind about it. If it weren't for the fact that it never leaves any residue under my eye, and doesn't smudge, then I'd definitely not repurchase again!

It feels quite strange on your lashes, very plastic like and hard. It's very difficult to seperate your lashes after you've applied it because there is no way you could run a lash comb through them once it's near dry, or you'd end up taking all your lashes out with it.
It doesn't seem to do anything more than add some colour and a tiny bit of volume, but nothing spectacular. It feels as if it's weighing my lashes down sometimes.
It's only redeeming features are that it's so much easier to remove than you'd imagine, and the fact that no other 'waterproof' mascara, apart from this one has ever stayed put on me.

I had been using Chanel Inimitable Mascara previously. It's one of the best I've ever used, except that it's not waterproof. I just wish the Chanel one had the staying power of the Blinc Mascara!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Their mascara (and eyeliner) were holy grail for me for the past 7 years but recently I'm slightly favoring the one by Mirenesse. The Mirenesse has a traditional mascara wand.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for a few days, bought the blue...and I LOVE it!

No raccoon eyes...no smudgies...and the fact that I can finally get ALL of my mascara off easily at night is fabulous. Usually in the morning I have smudgies under my eyes because I missed some.

This is great. And I love the blue...you can't really tell it's blue, but it looks great!

I plan on trying the purple and black.

I thought nothing could replace my dear dear DiorShow, but I have!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I 100% agree with everything that Sel wrote. She took my review right out of my mouth. I'll just add that I do feel that removing the mascara is a little bit hard on the lashes. Even pulling/rubbing gently, you're still pulling/rubbing and I think that would eventually take a toll. I will save this mascara for those times when I want a long-lasting, waterproof mascara. For everyday mascara, I'll stick with a traditional, gentle brand (but curse the under-eye smudges).

Sel wrote:
I've been using this mascara for a couple of weeks now, and I still can't make up my mind about it. If it weren't for the fact that it never leaves any residue under my eye, and doesn't smudge, then I'd definitely not repurchase again!

It feels quite strange on your lashes, very plastic like and hard. It's very difficult to seperate your lashes after you've applied it because there is no way you could run a lash comb through them once it's near dry, or you'd end up taking all your lashes out with it.
It doesn't seem to do anything more than add some colour and a tiny bit of volume, but nothing spectacular. It feels as if it's weighing my lashes down sometimes.
It's only redeeming features are that it's so much easier to remove than you'd imagine, and the fact that no other 'waterproof' mascara, apart from this one has ever stayed put on me.

I had been using Chanel Inimitable Mascara previously. It's one of the best I've ever used, except that it's not waterproof. I just wish the Chanel one had the staying power of the Blinc Mascara!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
If you like Blinc, you might like Kevyn Aucoin Volume mascara. I did try Blinc some time back and although I liked the non-smudge part of it I found it difficult to remove and worried about losing lashes from pulling the “tubes” off. I always wondered if there was a lash inside the tube 

http://kevynaucoin.stores.yahoo.net/mascara.html

The KA is a similar type of thing, not sure if it’s exactly “tubes” but seems similar, ie it doesn’t flake or smudge and when removed it comes off in clumps rather than dissolving, and much more easily than Blinc (I just use water). The brush is great, one of those long thin kind, great for getting into the corners. I’m not convinced that it adds a lot of volume, but I love the brush and the easy removal, with none of those black smudges around your eyes in the morning, even though you thought you had taken your mascara off. Laughing The thin red packaging is also very attractive. I binned the Blinc but I’ll probably buy KA again.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I think that I will order the KM mascara with my next EDS order. My lashes are full and long already, but I like to give them a little more definition with mascara. It sounds like KM could be my solution to the rub off problem. Thanks for the review!

Tina
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
If you like Blinc, you might like Kevyn Aucoin Volume mascara. I did try Blinc some time back and although I liked the non-smudge part of it I found it difficult to remove and worried about losing lashes from pulling the “tubes” off. I always wondered if there was a lash inside the tube 

http://kevynaucoin.stores.yahoo.net/mascara.html

The KA is a similar type of thing, not sure if it’s exactly “tubes” but seems similar, ie it doesn’t flake or smudge and when removed it comes off in clumps rather than dissolving, and much more easily than Blinc (I just use water). The brush is great, one of those long thin kind, great for getting into the corners. I’m not convinced that it adds a lot of volume, but I love the brush and the easy removal, with none of those black smudges around your eyes in the morning, even though you thought you had taken your mascara off. Laughing The thin red packaging is also very attractive. I binned the Blinc but I’ll probably buy KA again.

Appletini

Is this the "Volume" or "Curling" mascara?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the Volume.

The KA is the first mascara I've ever used that has stood up to the "Thai Massage test"... ie having your face pushed at force into a pillow for an hour Laughing Laughing Normally if I'm wearing mascara it ends up all over my face, but just a couple of tiny flakes from the KA (have to admit I only had it on my upper lashes at the time, not lower)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I loved the Blinc too, but had to quit using it. My lashes were coming out, slowly but surely after a year's wear. Now I can't even wear waterproof mascara without it being a bit harsh. I think the removal process is the key to not damaging for sure, but I was very careful and I still lost some. Problem is, I have very thin, sparse and frail lashes to begin with. Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Blinc Kiss me mascara too and I agree it is a bit hard to remove. I usually remove it after taking the shower, by that time, the "tubes" usually slide off by itself.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. Lots of warm water & little pressure from my fingers gets all the "tubes" off without a lot of fuss. I used to use only waterproof mascaras, which were REALLY hard to get off... I have deep set eyes & relatively oily skin and even the waterproof mascaras would leave me with under eye smudges that accentuated the dark circles Shock

I've never had any problem with the Blinc mascara coming off with crying (unless I rubbed my eyes too) or swimming in a pool. I did, however, find out that saltwater takes it off pretty good. I was jet-skiing with my DH when he did a rooster-tail splash on me and when I pulled my sunglasses off - he said "it looks like you've got spider legs all over your face." Rolling Eyes

Cathy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Got a sample size of this mascara and what a friggin' mess! Every time I applied it, I got it all over my lids. I hated it!!!!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I wore Blinc Kiss Me Mascara exclusively for 4 months about 3 years ago. While I liked the mascara, it did take it's toll on my lashes. Gentle pressure is supposed to remove the tubes, but I also lost lashes.

I didn't notice it at first, but after a while I realized that about a third of my lashes were all different lengths, with the longest ones about half as long as the rest -- they were the new ones that had grown in to replace the ones that I lost. Sad That's when I stopped using Kiss Me. It took some time, but all my lashes finally returned to their former length.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |