Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Other lines of organic haircare besides John Masters?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I've just found it - the postage is too high for Australia.
Sad
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I've just found it - the postage is too high for Australia.
Sad

Emma, you will receive around 17% discount of every item you purchase and also off shipping too. (VAT deduction).

I found in the past that the discount of VAT I got on my products pretty much covered the shipping costs. what was Aussie pricing for shipping? Japan was 15 pounds (before VAT reduction)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Is BBS the Bath Body Shop?

Emma, BBS = Best Bath Store! Smile
www.bestbathstore.com
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Is BBS the Bath Body Shop?

No, sorry... it's Best Bath Store (www.bestbathstore.com).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.
Very Happy
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
A lot of these lines just use the Organic term in their names and are not really all certified organic, just a couple ingredients, which doesn't count when mixed with the non-organic ingredients. What's the point. John Masters is organic and Giovanni is, but I found out that the sulfate Giovanni uses is not that great.

Has anyone found a good all organic and sulfite free shampoo? Has anyone tried Morrocco Method or Miessence? Thanks.

"On a recent evening at Whole Foods Market in Manhattan, Dr. Rangan, who runs
Eco-Labels.org at Consumers Union, the company that publishes Consumer
Reports, examined the labels in an aisle of shampoos and conditioners. She
shook her head.

"Even with a Ph.D. in toxicology, I can't tell whether these are any
different from what you'd find in a drug store," she said. Dr. Rangan did
not think the products posed big health risks. But reading a list of
ingredients ‹ "Zinc gluconate, methyl propyl paraben, olefin sulfonate, DEA,
steareth-2" ‹ she added, "You have to ask yourself, What are these doing in
a product that's called organic?" http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/nytimes051903.cfm
http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/organic_shampoo.cfm
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
BYRG, I think you would like the Alchemy range (www.purist.com ) from Australia. They are free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours.

Their website also says "All our products are ingredient-rich, vegan, using certified organic ingredients where possible, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing."

These are the ingredients from the two haircare products I have of theirs:

YLANG YLANG SHAMPOO (Color & Perm care)
Purified water, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (from palm), cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (from coconut), disodium cocoamphodiacetate (from coconut), lauryl glucoside (from coconut, palm and glucose), sodium lauryl suloacetate (from palm), glycerin (from palm), citric acid (botanical source), sodium cocoyl glutamate (from coconut and sugar cane), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium citrate, sodium gluconate (from GMO fre corn), citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil, elettaria cardomomum seed oil, syzygium aromaticum (clove) flower oil.

AVOCADO & CALENDULA CONDITIONER (for long, dry hair):
Purified water, glycerin (from palm), behentrimonium methosulfate (from rapeseed) (GMO free) and cetearyl alcohol (from coconut/palm), hydrolyzed wheat protein (GMO free), macadamia ternifolia seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), persia gratissima (avocado) oil (certified organic cold pressed Australian grown), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), soy lecithin (GMO free), glyceryl laurate (botanical source) sodium gluconate (from glucose), methyldibromo glutaronitrile and phenoxyethanol, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil and calendula officinalis flower extract and tocopherol, pogostemon cablin oil, citric acid (from molasses), lecithin and tocopherol and ascorbyl palmitate and hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, syzygium aromaticum (clove) flower oil, elettaria cardamomum seed oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love mop shampoos and conditioners - the c system ones work very well for me and they have different ones to suit just about every hair type.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks tiger_tim. The first 4-5 ingredients listed are detergents. SLS is not the only surfactant, but they're probably gentler so I'll look into them. There is one that is supposed to be the most gentle which is coco polyglucose. The one Giovani uses is Olefin Sulfonate. Read this about it:

"Alpha Olefin Sulfonate (AOS, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate): This is a synthetic chemical surfactant/detergent and it is often represented as "derived from coconuts," but in fact, according to the report HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS by the University of Tennessee's Center for Clean Products and Clean Technologies, olefin sulfonates may contain contain traces of benzene, which is a carcinogen or reproductive toxin, and may also release it into the environment during the manufacturing process (as it is created using petrochemicals). Olefin sulfonate contains 50% or more petroleum derivatives and is not considered to be a readily biodegradeable or nontoxic to aquatic organisms." http://www.blincinc.com/AOS%20Inline.htm

Actually Sevi's looks the best to me and I'm waiting to order from them. Besides that, Miessence is very pure and so is Morrocco Method which has no detergents or soaps. I also found out that Aubrey's is using a lot more organic ingredients in their shampoos and they are detergent free too, they use soap instead.

Here's the ingredients in Sevi:

Pure Infusions Moisture Shampoo: Distilled Water, Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Vegetable Glycerine, Decyl Polyglucoside, Certified organic/organic infusions of yucca, chamomile, jaboncillo berry (soapwort), calendula, lavender, horse chestnut, yerba, Sea Buckthorn Berry CO2, Organic Olive Fruit Oil, Babassu Oil, Guar Gum, Certified Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, Xantan Gum, Organic Ylang Ylang, Organic Chamomile and other Essential Oils.

Pure Infusions Cream Conditioner: Distilled Water, Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Vegetable Glycerine, Cetyl Alcohol, Certified organic/organic infusions of yucca, chamomile, calendula, horse chestnut, yerba, Sea Buckthorn Berry CO2, Organic Olive Fruit Oil, Babassu Oil, Guar Gum, Organic Ylang Ylang, Organic Chamomile and other Essential Oils.

And Miessence:

Ingredients
Organic aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) leaf juice, coco polyglucose, d-panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), honeysuckle (lonicera japonica) extract, non-gmo xanthan gum, organic lemon myrtle (backhousia citriadora) essential oil, citric acid, organic horsetail (equisetum arvense) extract, organic nettle (urtica dioica) extract, organic burdock (arctium lappa) extract, organic rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) extract, organic sage (salvia officinalis) extract. 71% Organic Product

And Morrocco Method - http://morroccomethod.com/shampoo.shtml
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:

Has anyone found a good all organic and sulfite free shampoo? Has anyone tried Morrocco Method or Miessence? Thanks.

I've been searching for such a shampoo and the best I have found is the shampoo from BBS. It's all natural and does not contain any non-naturally derived ingredients.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, African Black Soap, Glycerin, Alkyl Esters, Olive Esters, Silk Protein, Extracts of Nettle & Horsetail, Lavender, Sage, Yarrow, Vitamin E, Lavender, Sage & Rosemary Essential Oils.

My next endeavor is to find a conditioner that's all natural and doesn't contain any non-naturally derived ingredients. (Which is proving to be a tougher feat than I thought).

Have you been able to find a website that list the actual ingredients in Morrocco Method's products?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just found some Avalon today, as I have never used this before I don't know if it is new, but it has beta glucans in it! Can't wait to wash my hair tonight!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

Have you been able to find a website that list the actual ingredients in Morrocco Method's products?

I was planning to buy their ACV fire shampoo.. But changed my mind..

Full list of ingredients includes Aqua, Raw, Unfiltered Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar(Natural Preservative with Live Enzymes),Aloe Vera and Irish Moss (Nourishing and Moisturizing),Chinese Green Tea from Shanghai,Cactus from Mexico(Rich Natural Foaming & Cleansing Botanicals),Blood of the Dragon(Reconstructive Rare Botanical Protein),Brown and Red Algae & Kelp (Absorbs Impurities,Stimulates & Protects),92 Trace Minerals,Essential Oils of Almond, inger,Lemon Verbena, Sesame & Tangerine. 6.8 Ounces

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Vegan-Elements-Vinegar-Shampoo/dp/B0009VQU40
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
My friend gave me Avalon Organics Shampoo and conditioner to try for she found it a bit oily after using it. To me, it is not very oily. In fact I can't judge whether they are good to my fair or not as my hair is still so dry after using up the whole bottle.
lorettapy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also tempted to try out Organic Pharmacy but it's too pricy for me. Confused
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to use my Alberto Plumeria hairwash tonight for the first time.
Cool
I'm ridiculously excited.
Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
BYRG, I think you would like the Alchemy range (www.purist.com ) from Australia. They are free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours.

Their website also says "All our products are ingredient-rich, vegan, using certified organic ingredients where possible, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing."

These are the ingredients from the two haircare products I have of theirs:

YLANG YLANG SHAMPOO (Color & Perm care)
Purified water, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (from palm), cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (from coconut), disodium cocoamphodiacetate (from coconut), lauryl glucoside (from coconut, palm and glucose), sodium lauryl suloacetate (from palm), glycerin (from palm), citric acid (botanical source), sodium cocoyl glutamate (from coconut and sugar cane), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium citrate, sodium gluconate (from GMO fre corn), citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil, elettaria cardomomum seed oil, syzygium aromaticum (clove) flower oil.

AVOCADO & CALENDULA CONDITIONER (for long, dry hair):
Purified water, glycerin (from palm), behentrimonium methosulfate (from rapeseed) (GMO free) and cetearyl alcohol (from coconut/palm), hydrolyzed wheat protein (GMO free), macadamia ternifolia seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), persia gratissima (avocado) oil (certified organic cold pressed Australian grown), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), soy lecithin (GMO free), glyceryl laurate (botanical source) sodium gluconate (from glucose), methyldibromo glutaronitrile and phenoxyethanol, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil and calendula officinalis flower extract and tocopherol, pogostemon cablin oil, citric acid (from molasses), lecithin and tocopherol and ascorbyl palmitate and hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, syzygium aromaticum (clove) flower oil, elettaria cardamomum seed oil.

I just wonder what makes a company choose to list their ingredients by the chemical names and then have the regular names in parentheses. I would think it would make life simpler for all to just list "avocado oil" instead of "persia gratissima(avocado) oil."
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
BYRG wrote:

I've been searching for such a shampoo and the best I have found is the shampoo from BBS. It's all natural and does not contain any non-naturally derived ingredients.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, African Black Soap, Glycerin, Alkyl Esters, Olive Esters, Silk Protein, Extracts of Nettle & Horsetail, Lavender, Sage, Yarrow, Vitamin E, Lavender, Sage & Rosemary Essential Oils.

My next endeavor is to find a conditioner that's all natural and doesn't contain any non-naturally derived ingredients. (Which is proving to be a tougher feat than I thought).

I think BBS shampoo is really good, too. I do have to use a lot because I have really thick hair, and I felt I could not get the shampoo through to my scalp unless I used lots of it as it doesn't have SLS and so no foam.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006, sorry for the slow reply.

i'm glad you found the website. most international package is maxed out at 15 pounds.

it's too expensive for me but i nick my sis Razz
she's tried almost everything and fell in love with a couple of the products. can't wait to try the rose body cream she ordered!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Emma2006, sorry for the slow reply.

i'm glad you found the website. most international package is maxed out at 15 pounds.

it's too expensive for me but i nick my sis Razz
she's tried almost everything and fell in love with a couple of the products. can't wait to try the rose body cream she ordered!

Laughing
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:

I think BBS shampoo is really good, too. I do have to use a lot because I have really thick hair, and I felt I could not get the shampoo through to my scalp unless I used lots of it as it doesn't have SLS and so no foam.

That's characteristic of an all natural shampoo or non-SLS shampoo. It's something one has to get used to. Many times with an all natural shampoo low or no foaming doesn't necessarily mean it's not cleansing enough.

Specifically with the BBS shampoo, it's great that you get 16oz for 15 bucks (gotta love that!) so it's not terribly awful if you do end up having to use more shampoo than usual.

BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
amnis wrote:

I was planning to buy their ACV fire shampoo.. But changed my mind..

Full list of ingredients includes Aqua, Raw, Unfiltered Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar(Natural Preservative with Live Enzymes),Aloe Vera and Irish Moss (Nourishing and Moisturizing),Chinese Green Tea from Shanghai,Cactus from Mexico(Rich Natural Foaming & Cleansing Botanicals),Blood of the Dragon(Reconstructive Rare Botanical Protein),Brown and Red Algae & Kelp (Absorbs Impurities,Stimulates & Protects),92 Trace Minerals,Essential Oils of Almond, inger,Lemon Verbena, Sesame & Tangerine. 6.8 Ounces

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Vegan-Elements-Vinegar-Shampoo/dp/B0009VQU40

What made you change your mind? Was it the price or something else?

I'm a little confused about their brand. They keep using the word organic everywhere to describe their line, yet then on some of them 1 ingredient will use the word organic in front of it, like Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Then the rest of the ingredients won't say anything. I would think if it was 100% organic it would either just say 100% organic or they would use the word organic in front of each ingredient that was. It's confusing with some of these companies. The Organic Pharmacy does the same thing on their site with their product ingredients. You would think that they are all organic with their name and philosophy and all, but only certain ingredients like some alcholols use the word organic in their ingredient lists. Does anyone know what is up with these companies? Confused

I've used Morrocco Method before, but it was so long ago I don't remember how adequate they were or if I liked them. Stay away from their rinse conditioner though. I tried that recently and it's not a cream at all. It's these chunky bits of herbs and all that do nothing but get caught in your hair and are difficult to rinse out. It's redicolous, I don't get it at all. Their spray leave in conditioner is good though.

Amnis, Aubreys conditioners are natural. Here's the ingredients of their honeysuckle rose:

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG- I changed my mind because I can buy ACV anywhere to do an ACV rinse.. Or I can put a few teaspoons in my own shampoo.. I'm using Avalon's Lemon shampoo and love it. I tried Aubrey's before and I don't really like their shampoos, plus they always change their formulas. I like Aubrey's lotions & silk powder though..
akpoola
5% products discount

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
i just ordered from sweetsunnah. it's a new discovery, so i don't know much about it, but i ordered it after i read up on black seed oil [the main ingredient in all their products] and bought it because there's no SLS etc. though i do like that john masters - i use the hibiscus & honey reconstructor but is that the best one for dry and damaged hair? also, for some of you concerned about the price and/or want to try it out - saffronrouge sells it [in canada, and with their great return policy]. also, i dilute my shampoo with some emu oil, seakelp and aloe gel [the pure, watery kind]. my last tube of JM shampoo has actually lasted over 2 months this way!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
http://www.beautylicious.co.uk/ has 25% off Organic Pharmacy. I've bought from them before, I think they are stopping doing OP hence the 25% off.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I really don't understand how MOP, 'Modern ORGANIC Products', can even call their items organic when if you look at the ingredients, they are full of chemicals, parabens and PEGs??!?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |