Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review:: Nivea Restorative Night hand cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
So, as I posted in my hand soap thread, my hands have been looking awful lately. I started thinking it might have been due to what I was using on them, so I discontinued use of Jergens shea butter hand soap, CO Bigelow Lemon hand treatment, and some Jergens lotion I'd been using at work that they supplied for us-- I'm not even sure what it was just that it was in a big bottle with a purple label.

I started using the Dove hand soap, which has helped. My hands don't feel itchy and irritated after I wash them. I also bought two new hand creams, this Nivea one and a Vaseline Hand and Nail cream.

I use the Nivea one at night (as the tube suggests Very Happy ) right before I go to bed. I slather it all over and put on little cotton gloves (I was using socks, but I started to feel a little weird so I bought gloves).

First off, it smells really good. I can see why they say to use it at night because it leaves a bit of a film on your hands. But, after three nights, this stuff has really made a difference on my hands. The redness is gone, and the dryness is disappearing. I had really irritated skin on my palms that was pealing, and that's really cleared up. It's just a bit dry now, but not nearly as rough as it was.

Here's a little blurb from the Nivea website:

Enriched with skin's own Vitamin's F & H, the crème naturally firms and improves skin's texture on your hands. Luxurious Nivea moisturizers and Evening Primrose oil replenish the skin to help relieve dry skin and strengthen the skin over time

I think this is an excellent drugstore find. I might have to look into more of Nivea's products.
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, after years of spending vast amounts of money on very expensive hand creams I decided to try a new (in the UK) Nivea Q10 hand cream,it's absolutely brilliant, my hands are looking better than they have for years.

No more expensive hand cream for me.

Mo Smile
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
it is very tempting. I should try it

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I used a free sample of this that came in a magazine.....yes I love this , it smells sooo good and left my hands nice and soft, I think I may be tempted with this when I have depleated my hand cream stock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I have so many hand creams that made huge promises but gave little results. I'm going to give Nivea a try. Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
One more night with the Nivea, and my hands are looking even better... Last night I neglected to use my cotton gloves, but it didn't seem to matter. I really love how this stuff is making my hands feel really smooth. My hands haven't been smooth in literally months!
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
very good. I will try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
thank you, I'm just looking for a hand cream
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am about to make an order on this, any other Nivea products to check?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I got some samples of Nivea products when they are doing promotion at the mall. Hand cream is so good as my son loves it.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds great for nite. What I'd really like to find is a great handcream w/ spf15+ for daytime. Any recs?
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered one, but after a few uses I feel it is a little bit too oily for me. It is not absorbed well into the skin.

Anyone has the same experience here?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using some of the hand & body creams and love the Nivea line. Love the price even better Laughing
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Sound great. I am gonna have one.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Smooth sensation (body) and I love it. The bottle says it has Gingko Extract, Shea Butter and Vitamin E. It feels smooth when I apply it after showering and dries pretty quick, plus I love the smell. But it makes me skin feels really soft. I've used on body lotion from Dove to Fresh but I love this one.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
I've been using the Smooth sensation (body) and I love it. The bottle says it has Gingko Extract, Shea Butter and Vitamin E. It feels smooth when I apply it after showering and dries pretty quick, plus I love the smell. But it makes me skin feels really soft. I've used on body lotion from Dove to Fresh but I love this one.

I've been wanting to try this, since I love the hand cream. I'm glad to heat it's good stuff.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
styx7308 wrote:
I just ordered one, but after a few uses I feel it is a little bit too oily for me. It is not absorbed well into the skin.

I only use it at night with cotton gloves, so oiliness isn't an issue. it works wonders!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I quite like Nivea's hand cream too. Its rich but doesn't feel greasy.
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I will try it your way and see how it works.

violetanne wrote:
styx7308 wrote:

I only use it at night with cotton gloves, so oiliness isn't an issue. it works wonders!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
One of the new Nivea product ranges here in Oz is Nivea DNAge. Although I haven't tried any of the products, I just found out that there is a DNAge Hand Cream so I might try and find it and give it a try.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |