Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Evan's Garden MMU Samples
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't find a review for this, so please forgive me in advance if I have simply missed it somewhere...

I finally received the MMU samples I ordered from Evan's Garden and was not disappointed! Smile

http://www.evansgarden.com/mineral-foundation.php

Their Pure Mineral Foundation Powder can be used as a powder as well as mixed with their Foundation Base Cream (1. Base Cream for Normal or Dry Skin and Base Cream for Oily or 2. Combination Skin Base Cream) or used to tint lotion.

Price: $1.10 per sample/$17.50 for the full size

Colours: There seems to be a good range of colours and the verbal descriptions are helpful in choosing samples, i.e. No.37 Very Light Neutral Beige, No.23 Very Light Cool Beige, etc. I have light skin with pink/cool undertones and No.23 works well for me although I can also get away with No.37. Normally I can wear Light but the Very Light in this range worked better for me as the Light was a tad dark in the colours I chose.

(Colours that did not work for my tone: No.24 Very Light Warm Slightly Peachy was orangey on me; No.12 Light Slightly Warm Neutral Beige was a bit too dark; No.20 Slightly Cool Rose was a bit too dark for me.)

Finish: The finish is quite nice, light, natural and silky! It did not emphasize or settle in pores yet had good coverage. It did not disappear over the course of the day nor did I have to touch up once. Best of all, there was zero irritation to my skin, even after I wore it overnight after falling asleep on the couch (Bad, I know, but I really was tired! Smile)

Ingredients: (as posted on their website) arrowroot, brown oxide, chromium oxide green, hydrated chromium oxide green, mica (serecite), modified cornstarch, tapioca starch, titanium dioxide, ultramarine blue, ultramarine rose, ultramarine violet, yellow oxide.

Ordering Process: They seemed pretty good about responding to your order via email although slow in getting it out the door... Then again, they do say "while most orders of in-stock items should arrive within a week or two, please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery, as we may be making fresh batches of our handcrafted products for your order."

It is 15% off for first time customers and free shipping to the US and even to Canada! Hurray! There was duty/taxes for me at the door, though, as they did not identify the package as samples which they were.

Very nicely, they enclose a coupon with all first orders... "SAVE 10% on your next order by placing your re-order by the expiration date printed on the Reorder Coupon enclosed with your shipment. (Coupons normally expire approximately 3-4 weeks from the date of your order)." It took about 4 weeks for part of my order to arrive so theoretically the coupon would not work for me, however, there seems to be some flexibility with the expiration date.

Some minor buts: As far as the samples themselves go, they come in ziplock bags and contain only enough for around two uses which may not be enough to really test/live with it.

I should probably also mention that they do try to upsell you. You place an order, they email back with the subject line "I have a question about your order. Have you checked out our ??? Let me know what you'd like to add to your order and I'll give you the free shipping and 15% first-order discount too." You check out their whatever and say, sure I'll order it. Then they send you the same email again, "I have a question about your order. Have you checked out our fabulous...???" Sad In my case, they treated them as separate orders and shipped them separately.

Final Verdict: I would order a full size of their MMU.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Great post havana8. Lots of good info on the product. I haven't heard of this particular brand, but may have to order a few samples just to check them out!

5% products discount

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I might order some eye shadow anf oundation samples.
Hennang

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello all, new here but not new to mineral makeup.

Years ago I used to be a rep for a major haircare & cosmetics company that had a fabulous line of makeup (Trucco) and I would do makeup lessons/application as a side job.

Boy - if they had only had mineral makeup back then ... I am so in love with this stuff now that I am in my 50's - nothing looks better on (slightly) ageing skin and I can even wear some of the brighter eye colors without looking silly, because they apply so sheerly.

And your comment below is the real beauty of mineral makeup - you CAN sleep in it !

>>Best of all, there was zero irritation to my skin, even after I wore it overnight after falling asleep on the couch (Bad, I know, but I really was tired! ) <<<

Ang

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |