Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz)
Ladies, do you prefer the "nice guy" or "bad
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Nice Guy or Bad Boy?

Nice Guy
84%
 84%  [ 38 ]
Bad Boy
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
From a guy's point of view, I've often wondered what the ladies prefer....the "nice guys" or the "bad boys"! I've got my theories on the subject, but I'll probably refrain from posting till we see a few comments.

Anybody had a good, or bad experiences with either of these types? Would it be best if the guy was a mix of both types? Does the Nice Guy/Bad Boy mix even exist??

OK, let's hear it! Cool

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Baaad boys all the way for me I'm afraid. I don't mean the wifebeating shag your sister/mother type, but just not guys who are 'nice'.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
During my 20s, most definitely bad boys but now in my 30s, nice guys all the way.

I would love to read about your theory.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:

I would love to read about your theory.

My theory is that we say we like bad guys but moan like hell about them. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I consider myself a "nice" girl, so I like my boys to be "nice" too!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I like them nice, nice midwestern boys and if they're cute even better Laughing

*sighs* Josh Harnett Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I was into bad boys through out my teenage years to early adulthood. I had to pay for my lessons Sad
Now I am with a very nice guy who can still give me butterflies in my tummy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I have been with a nice guy for 41 years.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I've got myself a nice guy and wouldn't trade him for anyone else. Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I like a nice guy with a twinge (or two) of bad - but only in the "doesn't let me get away with too much" department. Keeps things interesting for me and balanced, in a way.

Too nice of guys (been there) were just too much of a good thing for me. So, it's nice with bad leanings, I'd say - where's the poll marker for that one?? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
My honey is the nicest, sweetest guy. When I was younger, I did choose the bad boys but met Jeff at 29.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have always gone for nice guys, and can't ever recall dating any bad boys. At least not men that didn't treat me with the respect I knew I deserved. I've never thought of nice guys as "boring" as some woman do. Personally I've never understood why a woman wouldn't want to be treated with the utmost respect. Providing of course, that she is reciprocating! The whole "bad-boy" thing has always been a mystery to me. hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely nice guy. Very Happy But I want to make sure that you know that there is a distinction between a nice guy and a push-over. No one wants a push-over. Even if you think that you do, it gets old really fast. I've always wanted the nice guy who is strong and in control of his own destiny. Smile
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
When I was a teenager I was enthralled with "Bad Boys". I think it was just pure immaturity.
Now give me a nice guy and my knees get weak. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
I have always gone for nice guys, and can't ever recall dating any bad boys. At least not men that didn't treat me with the respect I knew I deserved. I've never thought of nice guys as "boring" as some woman do. Personally I've never understood why a woman wouldn't want to be treated with the utmost respect. Providing of course, that she is reciprocating! The whole "bad-boy" thing has always been a mystery to me. hmm

You must have had a good relationship with your father. That's my theory.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bad boys are like a roller coaster ride ... sometimes get you off balance, so only indulge if you don't get emotionally involved.

Good guys are best for the long term. The *best* is a good guy who's a bad boy in bed!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
sportygirl wrote:

My father was strict, very "old school" which I didn't appreciate as a teenager. I certainly see the wisdom in it now, and we have a very close relationship. He also always told me, to never put up with c**p from anyone, including men, but at the same time told me to treat people with the same respect. I had friends who did the bad boy thing, and I always saw how miserable they were. Thank God most of them grew out of! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
sportygirl wrote:

I agree the type of man you are attracted to (nice guy/bad boy) has a lot to do with your relationship with you Father. Being the youngest of four I was "Daddy's Little Girl." My Father was gentle, supportive, and selfless. My husband has a lot of those traits. Until this day I miss my Father. He died when I was only 23 year old. Crying or Very sad

When I was in HS I dated a few BAD BOYS. The relationship was very short lived. Bad Grin
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
One experience with a bad boy turned me off bad boys forever. Not worth all the pain and heartache. Now i'm with the nicest guy i've ever been with and i'm greatful that im not being taken for an emotional roller coaster ride. Plus my nice boy can be a "bad" nice boy too *wink*
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
All of your comments are really, really interesting and I thank you all for sharing. I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that the "Nice Guy" seems to be winning out by a large margin!

Alright, there seems to be "enough" replies right now that I think I can post my theories without swaying the vote one way or another. And remember, this is just one person's opinion, so don't hammer me if I say something that doesn't sit too well with you in particular... Wink

First of all, I think I'm a combination Nice Guy/Bad Boy. And, I think that person can exist. I think a "purely" Nice Guy is a pushover and would fit easily into a category well known to all: Nice Guys finish last! On the other hand, "purely" bad boys are simply going to end up in jail or dead, its as simple as that. That's why I think its best if you are a combination of the two.

In my personal experiences I've noted this about women. During the early and mid 90s I was just coming off of a divorce and was very single, which means I had a lot of freedom. I got divorced because at the time I was mostly a nice guy. My wife who I trained as a bodybuilder went on to win Ms.Arizona, and then promptly went out and won amateur stripper contests while I was at my "nice guy" white collar job as a chemist during the day. She WANTED to do that and LIKED all the bad boys who came to see her. So obviously, being the pure Nice Guy didn't work.

Then, I started competing in bodybuilding shows and also started working weekends as a mobile DJ. Let me tell you, I did more parties, more weddings and more events than you can imagine. I was getting paid to party, and that will turn you into a Bad Boy real quick. The women at these events would come on to me in no time flat! I would be dancing on the dance floor doing the "bump and grind" with women I met only 2 minutes earlier! Took more than a few of them home with me as well. Then, the guy who signed me up for the DJ shows wanted to know if I wanted to be a "Male Exotic Dancer" for some events he could book. At over $100 per half hour that didn't take much convincing! So, I "performed" for several years at bachelorette parties, birthday parties, and office parties. Let me tell you, THOSE women were ALL ABOUT the Bad Boy thing! When I was the Bad Boy it took virtually no effort to get the women's interest!

Meanwhile, during the "day job"....white shirt and tie, college grad and patent holder, women didn't even look twice except for the polite smile or hello! The Nice Guy was getting nowhere, and the Bad Boy was going home at 3am tired, happy and worn out with several pages of phone numbers!

Being a Gemini, I could jump from character to character very easily. I met Sandy in 1996 at a biker bar. I rode up on my Harley with full leathers on, and I was two weeks out from competing in a show so I was ripped and muscular. She nearly fell out of her chair when she saw me. She loved Harleys and one ride on the bike and she was mine! If I had walked in there (yeah, as if a Nice Guy would walk in a biker bar) with a white shirt and tie on, she probably wouldn't have even said "excuse me" if she bumped into me trying to get by me!

But, I have realized that you have to have some Nice Guy in you to complement the Bad Boy part. And, like one of the previous posts said, you HAVE to be a Bad Boy in bed! Oh yes, if you don't "break the bed" at least once, then the guy is just too Nice.

So, that's my theory. A mixture of the two is best with a prevalent side going to "Bad Boy".

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
See, John? I asked where the poll was for my preference and here we are on the same "page". Ha!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
John, I was completely surprised too re: the big difference! Shocked is actually more like it Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend is a super nice guy and I would not have him any other way...ok, maybe he can open the door for me more, but then I also got two hands as well.

I don't understand the bad boy attraction....it never occurred to me to like a guy with tattoos, piercing, punk-rock style hairdo, vulgar/cussing, hitting, etc.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
anomaly wrote:
sportygirl wrote:

My father is super nice and a gentleman, and takes such good care of his family. I admit I want to be with someone like him. He's a very responsible guy.

I agree the type of man you are attracted to (nice guy/bad boy) has a lot to do with your relationship with you Father. Being the youngest of four I was "Daddy's Little Girl." My Father was gentle, supportive, and selfless. My husband has a lot of those traits. Until this day I miss my Father. He died when I was only 23 year old. Crying or Very sad

When I was in HS I dated a few BAD BOYS. The relationship was very short lived. Bad Grin
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, I think their are different "degrees" of bad boy. Just because a guy is good in bed does not make him one. My idea of a bad boy is a man who disrespects women by lying, cheating or emotional and physical abuse. I don't consider men who wear leather, ride bikes or even strip, "bad" That's just a life-style. Now if that same guy was dating me and sleeping with women he's stripping for without my knowledge, THAT would be bad boy, AND disrespectful IMHO! And those are the men I have always stayed away from. I am not talking about liking pushovers, I am talking about nice men who don't treat women like s**t, and who are good.. well... in other ares as well! Very Happy

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)