Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
what do you think works best on wrinkles on top lip??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
As above Very Happy What do you all think is good for those dreaded lip lines? Im only 37 yet already have a few fine lines there. Im currently using Avene Eluage cream around the eye and lip area and IS Clinical Active Serum.
Is there anything else I could add to help with this area?

Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to be very interested in answers to this too.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Bliss stiff upper lip is brillant and Jan Marini I just started using at night as it ia a bit yellow my lips look plumper and vertical lines not as noticable check out eds jan marini site
dokusan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Lola, which Jan Marini product do you use for the upper lip. And does anyone know of anything else that works on these lines that is a little less pricey?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I can't answer your question.

Has anyone tried Re Vive eye and lip cream? Has anyone tried Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream around their lips?
I don't think Cellcosmet can fill in the fine lines though.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
If you mean lines above the upper lip and on sides.
www.Lip2Kiss.com Face To Flaunt does well on this area. Along with nightly exfoliation, and moisterizing. I have used it from crow’s-feet and lines between brows, and saw results in two weeks. Others on this board used it above the lip and saw results.

This uses a temporary immediate line reducer, which starts to show changes in about two weeks. As well as a longer term collagen builder/line reducer, which works in 30 to 60 days. (applyed twice daily)

This is not a treatment for on the lips. In that case your would use the Lips2Kiss system with the Flaunt product to fill in lines on lips and above.

http://www.Ifeelprettyproducts.com has the longer term line reducer in their Line Eraser product.
She is considering add a short term line reducer also.
So using both would give similar benefits, though percentages may differ then L2K. She sells samples.

http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-anti-aging.html has similar effective product in their ATX line. Though I have not used it to compare actual percentages. They sell samples.
dokusan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I visited the Lips2Kiss site and notice that the main effective ingredient is Matrixyl 3000. I wonder if anyone on the forum has experience in using the Candessence Matrixyl 3000 serum on upper lip wrinkles. I am using some of her other products and find them wonderful and reasonably priced.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Matrixyl 3000 is also in the other products I mentioned. It is the longterm tretamnt ingredaint. Smile

Main differences would possibly be percentages. And the L2K also combines a shortterm line eliminater ingrediants as well I believe.

Of course other ingrediants differences with each product can change results from one person to the next.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Since Tangal pretty much covered it, I'm only chiming in here to emphasize 2 very important points she made.

1. Nightly exfoliation.
2. Longterm treatment such as Matrixyl 3000.

Do use temporary plumpers and smoothers 'cause they make us feel so good right NOW. The two points Tangal mentioned are for correction and repair for the longterm.

Yes, I'm a smoker and I'm reducing those vertical lines with exfoliation and Candy's Matrixyl 3000 serum as part of my overall "weed 'n' feed" method.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I love that "weed and feed" analogy.
Laughing

I'm off to check out Candy's site.
Cool
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
dokusan wrote:
I visited the Lips2Kiss site and notice that the main effective ingredient is Matrixyl 3000. I wonder if anyone on the forum has experience in using the Candessence Matrixyl 3000 serum on upper lip wrinkles. I am using some of her other products and find them wonderful and reasonably priced.

I dont know percents in lip2 but in Candys its at 8%, which is the top percent used in the studies. I had begged Candy for this, which is how I know the percent, all the other matrixyls were so costly and at what I consider too low a percent to really be effective. This stuff is long term, so immediate results will not show, it does take a few weeks to even months!!! The studies were at 5-8% and most companies sold it at a 3% concentration, sighs!!!
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm waiting to receive Candy's Matrixyl (ordered some products on Jan. 13th and haven't rec'd yet Sad - it's torture! Smile ). I will let you know how it works, but it will probably take a bit of time for results. I have lines above the lips, as well as the other usual signs of aging, so I'm very curious to see how the Matrixyl performs. As with most topical treatments however I don't expect miracles, just a little help.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that drinking from a straw can cause lines similar to what you are describing, as does smoking. I use Avene Retrinal and it has really softened those lines for me. I'm not a smoker, but I am a chronic straw user. LOL!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I've read that drinking from a straw can cause lines similar to what you are describing, as does smoking. I use Avene Retrinal and it has really softened those lines for me. I'm not a smoker, but I am a chronic straw user. LOL!

Can I ask you about the Retrinal - I have been looking to get this as an all over face product (every second night say) as I don't use a retinol at all all over. I use Eulage Gel under my eyes and it is great.

Can you please tell me if you think the retrinal would be a good all-over face cream.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Would candy's matrixyl be compatible with eluage, do you think?

I'm using eluage but wouldnt mind vamping up my forehead improval project.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal or Ari - could you expound on the nightly exfoliation part. What would one use nightly, an acid or a scrub, and what are your recommendations for this product/s? Thanks so much in advance!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

you might want to email them and see what the percent is that they use? Since I don't know I have no idea...Candy's is 8%, so that should help you once you know eluage's...
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
well you could use an acid or a scrub, depending on your prefernce and needs.

But I like a scrub on that area myself. (lip and upper lip) Smile I use acids daily all over my face as well.

I can't recomend a brand, other then what I posted above, as I have not use all the brands noted here. IFP uses 9% Matrixyl 3000.

L2K - don't know amounts, but Kandis said other products us 1/3 less then "her" product. (she mentioned a brand that uses 5%) Which would mean she uses at least 8% M also.

I do agree correct amounts of the active ingrediants are a must, and should be checked with any product.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

they work fine together. just let the eluage soak in for a bit (they say half an hour) first.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal for the reply. MelissaMarie or La Vie En Rose - Is Candy's Matrixyl serum watery? Thanks again. I am after these pesky lines as well!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
catski wrote:

they work fine together. just let the eluage soak in for a bit (they say half an hour) first.

excellent, thankyou.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait to be done with Isomers Matrixyl 3000 so I can try Candy's.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
A blend of Rosehip and Evening Primrose oil works great on fine lines and wrinkles. You can use them directly in the skin or handcraft your own lotion. The great thing about it is you don't have to worry about ingesting any harmful chemicals since it's all natural!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks Tangal for the reply. MelissaMarie or La Vie En Rose - Is Candy's Matrixyl serum watery? Thanks again. I am after these pesky lines as well!

Its a wee bit thicker than her others, but still watery, and sinks right in!! I used Isomers for a good yr or longer with nada, zip, zero results, this was her 3%, she has now ..changed it to a 5%, but she can keep it, I felt very lied to with her product line. She gets great ingredients before alot do, but she cheats on the percents until others come out with a competitive product, IMO!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replyig MelissaMarie! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |