Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Always makes me laugh when I see combovers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure you have seen people doing this, it's ridculous looking I think. I much prefer shaved head.
Why would this guy post this on the web ??

http://www.slickville.com/sections/combover/jim/jim_menu.html

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my, I second the notion of either cutting it short or shaving completely. It may actually take years off rather than age him.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Just shave it off! <*shudders*>

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
oh yeah, and I have seen the whole PIECE of hair lift up in the wind, and hang over one side, just too ridiculous looking...

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
yuck, that's really ugly!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
My opinion on balding men is very simple: SHAVE IT OFF!

A full head of hair is fine. Losing your hair is fine, a receding hairline is fine. As long as however much hair you have left is kept neat and trimmed, fine. Otherwise, you just look like a homeless person. HOWEVER, when you get to the point where your hair has, for all intents and purposes, simply jumped ship, then grab a HeadBlade and SHAVE IT!

I've already told the story of my lawyer/semi-pro surfer friend who was losing his hair but still had plenty left. He just grabbed a HeadBlade (now one of his surfing sponsors!) and took it all off. He looks awesome, and now I find myself craning my neck for a better look every time I see a shaved head.

If men knew how sexy a huge number of women find a shaved head, they'd ALL shave completely! And I totally agree with the previous poster who said it just makes a man look way older when he has just a few strands of hair left. Like a bad comb-over from the 1950s. Plus, I don't know a woman who doesn't agree that a man who shaves all his hair off has made a bold, gutsy move and one most of us really appreciate.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree...shave your head rather than do a comb-over. We have a family friend that has only about 3 strands of hair and he does the comb-over. YUCK!!!!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
It looks awful. Shock It is much better to cut it short or completely shave it.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gross!! Shaved heads can be really sexy too - Patrick Stewart is one of my biggest movie heart-throbs.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
rofl

did you see the comment at the bottom Laughing

Comb overs like that are beyond funny, they are almost performance art. As soon as I made guapaboy grey and bald I made him shave it off. He looks tres sexy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Poor men Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
The most puzzling combover of all time to me is The Donald's. With all that money, how about joining Hair Club for Men, using Rogaine, getting implants, a toupe'... anything. I know, he's just too wealthy to care, but still. Icky combover.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
rofl

did you see the comment at the bottom Laughing

Yes! rofl

and a big "ole dab'll do ya" Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
rofl Hilarious site BUT... Cack & Double Cack!!!! Take to that head with a blade and quickly! I am quite sure men with comb-overs clearly see something different when they look in the mirror. They must do because how else can you explain this phenomenon!! Please boys lose the comb & gunk and bring on the polishing cloth! Way more sexy!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
That looks ridiculous!! I agree ... just shave it off! There is something very sexy sometimes about a shaved bald head (hello Patrick Stewart ... mmmmMMmmmm)... there's nothing sexy about a comb over! Blech!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
EEWWWWWWWWWWWW!! That's really bad! Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
This might be an extreme example (because he'd be gorgeous even if he was involved in an unforunate industrial accident), but here's Kelly Slater (the pro surfer) with hair and without hair. He's quite a bit younger in the before picture, but he's every bit as attractive, if not MORE so, in the after pictures. I don't think men realize that they'd look so much better without any hair at all than with just a few measly strands. Bald = gutsy, measly strands = desperately holding on to something that gave up on you long ago!

In this picture, he looks A LOT like my surfer friend who just shaved off all his hair one day. Both are very cute men.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Now [i]THAT[/i]is what I'm talking about
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
This might be an extreme example (because he'd be gorgeous even if he was involved in an unforunate industrial accident), but here's Kelly Slater (the pro surfer) with hair and without hair. He's quite a bit younger in the before picture, but he's every bit as attractive, if not MORE so, in the after pictures. I don't think men realize that they'd look so much better without any hair at all than with just a few measly strands. Bald = gutsy, measly strands = desperately holding on to something that gave up on you long ago!

In this picture, he looks A LOT like my surfer friend who just shaved off all his hair one day. Both are very cute men.

.... runs off to have a cold shower!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I feel I have to DEFEND the combover.

Once you've lived in small town China your brain begins to change and you start to think its quite normal. Besides there's so much craft goes into that every day. I really miss them and the teachers who unabashedly used to pull a little pink comb and mirror out of their pockets to make adjustments between lessons.

Mind you these were COMB-overs not greasy SCRAPE-overs like this man. I'm not a freak. I don't like the idea of that nestling up to me.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't get it? Who are they trying to con?

Look at Donald Trump, one of the wealthiest men on earth, you'd think if he's so much in denial he would get plugs!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
Now THATis what I'm talking about

guapagirl wrote:
.... runs off to have a cold shower!

I know Vava and Guapa - isn't he ridiculously hot?!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have to tell you my Dad who is 85 would be totally freaked at this thread. He has 1 (may 2-3 more than that) hair/s and he protects as if they were a mountain of gold.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Eww! That is horrible. lol and people say girls take forever to do their hair. Man that guy has skill to get those four hairs to cover most of his massive skull. Shave it off. Bald is hot. Just ask my dh.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Salli, my dad is the same way. He's 67 and has an amazing combover that he thinks is just grand. It goes from ear to ear. The worst is when the wind gets it and it lifts like a sail! Oh, the shame. Embarassed

salli wrote:
I have to tell you my Dad who is 85 would be totally freaked at this thread. He has 1 (may 2-3 more than that) hair/s and he protects as if they were a mountain of gold.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |