Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz) glominerals Majestic Jungle Collection (4 items) Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask (50 ml /  1.7 floz)
Evening Primrose Oil - taken orally or applied topically

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering what you all do with your evening primrose oil. I heard it's good for skin, but do you apply it topically on your face, or do you take it orally/internally? I just bought a bottle of it (4 oz size), and I tried taking 1/4 tsp of it. I almost gagged. Then I tried putting it on my fried rice, and again, it was horrible. Has anyone tried taking it orally straight off the bottle before? Or do you take it in the softgel form?
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I take Evening Primrose Oil in a soft capsule. I've never tried it straight before, am now I'm pretty sure that I never will. Wink
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I take Evening Primrose Oil in a soft capsule. I've never tried it straight before, am now I'm pretty sure that I never will. Wink

I don't think I can finish the bottle. I will have to go back to the softgel one. I thought about putting it on my face, but wonder if it will be too greasy. Has anyone tried that?
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I take it as a soft gel capsule.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I know that Wildflower said she likes this oil and that it has alot of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. It also helps nourish and restore the skin. So yes, some use it on their face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I take it orally is soft gel form also. I should try the liquid form and use it topically, since it has a lot of EFA's it may be good for the skin that may not result from taking it internally.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
I know that Wildflower said she likes this oil and that it has alot of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. It also helps nourish and restore the skin. So yes, some use it on their face.

I think I'll try that as I cannot stand the taste of it. uggggg
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
just wondering how much do u need to take in order for it to be effective? 1000mg a day or higher?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
just wondering how much do u need to take in order for it to be effective? 1000mg a day or higher?

I was doing a google search to see if I could help you with this Q. One of the results I got is that EPO is used to induce labor! http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070129095839AA46Ipw

Hmm...glad I'm not pregnant at the moment.

Then the next result is http://www.rienstraclinic.com/health_info/nutrition/evening_primrose.html

The best fit is
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_n12_v59/ai_20086182

You're right. 1000 mg a day.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:

That's right I do! It really is a great facial oil. I have also taken Evening Primrose in a capsule as a supplement before. It's great for women's health, helps hormonal balance, skin and hair health, pre menstrual syndrome and even menopause. I've never seen the oil in a bottle format for oral supplementation though. I've always seen it in capsules. Oils used for internal intake are usually more refined and are different than facial and skin care oils. For example the oilve oil you use to cook with is not the same type as the olive oil you would get for skin care. Maybe it tastes awful because you are actually ingesting a topical oil?

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

True Cosmetics Essential Radiance Skin Polish (100 ml / 3.39 floz) B Kamins Clear Control Purifying Masque (120 g / 4 oz) Bioelements All Things Pure Cleanser (103 ml / 3.5 floz)