Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Anyone currently using Uglogirl MMU?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just recived some my samples of their MMU and I have to say that they came at the perfect time, I was about to throw in the towel with MMU. I had the hardest time finding a good color match and I kept looking flaky(I think my pumpkin peels have remedied that).

I FINALLY FOUND A PERFECT COLOR MATCH!!!!!
Dancing <*doing a happy dance*> Dancing

Sorry to shout but heck, when you have wasted as much time and money as I have you get a little excited! Im loving the texture, it looks TOTALLY natural and no matter how much I put on you cant even tell Im wearing makeup. Yea! To top it off Im using a really crappy brush to apply it (waiting for the Alima foundation brush to get back in stock) but, I dont see any streaking or caking! Once Ive worn it for a full day I will post a review on longevity, etc(Im also waiting on some samples of Alima for comparision). For refrence I found my match with Vanilla Beige, weird because I never thought I was a "beige" person and only ordered this color out of desperation.

Anyone else currently using/loving Uglogirl?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Uglogirl sample floating around here...maybe I'll put it on again in order to better compare it to the Alima I'm always raving about. However, if I remember correctly, I think it struck me as more "glowy" than Alima, and for a greaseball like me, I prefer things on the matte side. However, I'll report back after I test again!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl loves Uglogirl and you can read her review here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17695&highlight=uglogirl

I'm also tempted to try Uglogirl because I do not find a perfect with Alima and Alima (though much better than EDM) still accentuates my larger pores on boths sides of my nose.

Please, vonstella and manslayerliz, post your comparison between the two brands. Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17695&highlight=uglogirl

I'm also tempted to try Uglogirl because I do not find a perfect with Alima and Alima (though much better than EDM) still accentuates my larger pores on boths sides of my nose.

Please, vonstella and manslayerliz, post your comparison between the two brands. Very Happy

CK--

Ive used Alima before and I wasnt impressed with the foundation, however, I LOVE their blush, powders, etc. soooooo I thought that maybe I just needed different colors. Will report with a comparison between the two.

Although Uglogirl is looking mighty good right now..... Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
CK wrote:

CK--

Ive used Alima before and I wasnt impressed with the foundation, however, I LOVE their blush, powders, etc. soooooo I thought that maybe I just needed different colors. Will report with a comparison between the two.

Although Uglogirl is looking mighty good right now..... Very Happy

Oh, I'm so tempted. Not that I NEED a new foundation (and I only wear makeup, well maybe... twice a year? Laughing ) but why do I even bother to find a perfect one? Confused

vonstella, do you happen to have problem of dryness with MMU? My skin feels dry every time I try it on so I'm looking for one that is not drying. Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to hear all of the comparisons!!! Reading this post actually got me curious, so I went and took off my makeup and redid my face using Uglogirl. (Side note: anyone who hasn't tried Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser yet, you MUST! How that little miracle removes all of my makeup in seconds I know not, but I love it!^-^) So, I plan to wear it all day tomorrow so I can comment in more detail, but here are my first impressions:

THE GOOD: I got a very good color match with N 0.5, porcelain doll; the powder is very finely milled (much like Alima) and goes on nice and smoothly; overall finish looks nice

THE NOT-SO GOOD: I don't like the fact that it has visible sparkles. I like shimmer in my eyeshadow and blush, but because I'm trying to cover up oily skin, blemishes, and scars, the all-over sparkle effect isn't the most flattering. Also, I was shocked at how expensive this stuff is!!! Frankly, I always thought Alima was a little bit pricey (compared to EDM etc), but wow! Alima's foundation costs $18.95 (less the EDS discount^-^) for 9-10 grams, while Uglogirl's foundation costs $26.50 for 7 grams.

Anyways, the not-so-good stuff aside, this Uglogirl foundation is definitely pretty close to my HG Alima in terms of quality (and I sure can't say that about any other MM I've tried!!), so I'll be sure to report back again after I've had it on all day tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,

Have I gone blind? Maybe the lighting is bad in my bathroom, I didnt notice any sparkles. Hmmmm, maybe they are only in certian shades? I'll check in daylight tomorrow, cause I really didnt see any.

Im just floored that I--for the first time ever--have found a perfect color match in any form of foundation!

The price does seem a bit steep for MMU but hells bells, at this point I would pay triple for this.

Please let us know how your "test" goes tomorrow! Very Happy

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
How is this for customer service?

Hi XXXXXXX!

Thanks so much for writing!!

I have been thinking about this and your e-mail has made me descide to go ahead and start a new private discount for EDS members since we get so many clients from their forum.
This discount will be 10% off and you can feel free to share this with other members on the forum.

Here is how it will work, because our shopping cart is Paypal we have no way to automatically take off for coupons so it will be in the form of a rebate. You can order as normal and then either enter CODE: EDS10-To-Glo! in the add instructions/note to seller section at the end of the paypal checkout OR just drop an e-mail to our CS dept with the code. (customerservice@uglogirl.com) Either is fine.When we process your order we will then issue you the money back. I have to let you know in advance so no one gets upset, sometimes we have a problem with the "note to seller/instructions" field showing up at the end of the check out and we haven't figured out how to fix it just yet. So if this happens just send an e-mail. Its some kind of strange glitch in the website w/paypal. Sometimes it comes up and sometimes it doesn't! lol!

Please let me know if there is any other way I can help you out with ordering such as colour suggestions or anything else at all!!!

Thanks!

Melissa Smile

Being a member of EDS rocks!

Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing the email with the discount. Very Happy I have been wanting to try UGloGirl for quite some time. Here's my chance!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
One more thing, Melissa just informed me that they accept multiple discounts.

Because I ordered a sample of the foundation before a full size I can use the code : SAMPLEREBATE for an extra $2.50 off the full size when I order+the other EDS discount for 10% off!!!!!!! I see a shopping spree in my future!

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I ordered 3 UGloGirl samples based on Scalawaggirl's rave. They also sent me a few little samples of other stuff I hadn't ordered which is always nice.

The positive: They offer shades to mix & match until you find something that is a perfect fit. Quick shipping, generous samples.

The negative: Once on, this felt heavy to me, and looked heavy in a my makeup mirror. I would use it for a special evening-out if I needed it but I have a weird thing about being able to feel makeup on my skin -- I do not like that feeling at all. I washed it off right away.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
I ordered 3 UGloGirl samples based on Scalawaggirl's rave. They also sent me a few little samples of other stuff I hadn't ordered which is always nice.

The positive: They offer shades to mix & match until you find something that is a perfect fit. Quick shipping, generous samples.

The negative: Once on, this felt heavy to me, and looked heavy in a my makeup mirror. I would use it for a special evening-out if I needed it but I have a weird thing about being able to feel makeup on my skin -- I do not like that feeling at all. I washed it off right away.

Thats too bad it didnt work for you, I found it light as a feather!

What brand are you using now?

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella--I don't use an all-over base/foundation/cover/blush routine. (like I said, I generally don't like feeling anything on my skin.) I only use cover-up where I need to (sometimes undereye dark area or pimple remainders) and have been using Jane Iredale Disappear and JI pressed powder for a few years. I like that I can do a spot-coverup treatment with those products and it doesn't show up visibly. And, those products don't make me break out either.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Update! I used my Ugogirl foundation all over my face today and left it on all day to see how it compares to Alima. Frankly speaking, I think didn't think that any Mineral Makeup could come to close to Alima in terms of quality, but I must admit that this Uglogirl foundation is very, very close. It's finely-milled, goes on easily, and the color I'm using (N 0.5, Porcelain Doll) is very skin-true. It also had great staying power--- I didn't need any touch ups all day! The only thing I'd say I'm not thrilled about is that it seems maybe ever-so-slightly glowier than Alima (glow seems to emphasize the large pores on my nose...), but that's easy to overlook when otherwise the product is so good. I probably wouldn't order a full size of the foundation just because I think Alima's quality is as good and the price is cheaper, however, I'm really glad ot know that the option is there---- the other MMU's I've sampled have been a disaster! Thanks for prompting me to try this stuff, Vonstella! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of your Alima samples!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella, thanks for the good news! Very Happy I guess the discount also applies on samples? Embarassed
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz, it's interesting that you mentioned it emphasizes large pores as it's exactly the opposite that people say in praise of UGG. And what kind of "glow" is it? Is it a metallic shine? This is the least thing that I want from MMU.(I got this metallic shine from EDM) Confused
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Alima, OceanMist, EverdayMineral, Lumiere but I've returned to UGG. It has the most natural color me and I like how it looks on my skin. It's pricey but if it looks great on my skin, I'm willing to pay.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
manslayerliz, it's interesting that you mentioned it emphasizes large pores as it's exactly the opposite that people say in praise of UGG. And what kind of "glow" is it? Is it a metallic shine? This is the least thing that I want from MMU.(I got this metallic shine from EDM) Confused

CK-- I know what you mean--- I don't like shine in my MMU. However, I've also tried mica-free brands and they looked like chalk, so I guess it's a fine line. Confused The glow in UGG is LESS than the glow in EDM's Original Glow (which seemed like pure shimmer powder to me), and it's less than EDM's semi-glow too (which still seemed like I just frosted my whole face). In the light I can see small sparkles in the UGG and it's a little "glowy" on my nose and other large pore areas, which is probably why I will still stick with Alima since it's just slightly more matte. However, the UGG is by far and away better than the EDM. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
vonstella, thanks for the good news! Very Happy I guess the discount also applies on samples? Embarassed

Im not sure if it does apply to samples or not, you could always try it! Cool

I really havent noticed any shimmer, I just look healthy, not chalky matte. Then again what looks good on sme people looks terrible on others. I think Alima has fantastic products--I just couldnt find a good color--I have more samples from them on the way and plan to do a half face test. BTW I have large pores on my nose and ckeeks, I felt they were really reduced with UGG.

MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I loved the finish of UGG as far as "glow" - I'm oily in my t-zone and don't like too much shine (to me shine = oil!), but I thought UGG had a very lovely, natural looking glow to it. I could not get an exact color match, but I also did not blend colors together to see if I fell in the middle of two colors. My problem as far as coverage - I didn't think it covered well enough. When I sampled it, I didn't have a lot of spots to cover, but the ones I had weren't camoflaged (sp?) well enough with UGG. I didn't want to keep applying because that always ends up cakey.

*Sigh!* I may have to give this one another try. So far, I've liked most of the MMUs I've sampled, but they were always missing one element of perfection. I will say this: Ocean Mist has by far the WORST colors I have ever seen in my life! The fair shades I tried out all looked like some variation on that weird plastic flesh color on Barbie dolls! Just ugly and not at all natural looking.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Mermiadgirl, I definitely agree with your assessment--- the coverage UGG gives is very light. It's fine if your skin is pretty clear, but if you're fighting acne you might want something with more coverage.

As for Ocean Mist, it was getting a lot of raves not too far back, but when I went to their website I was horrified by what a lousy color selection they had, so I never even ordered samples--- after hearing your comments, it sounds like I made a good move.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh Liiizzzzz,

You know we must try Lumiere now! Very Happy

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Oh Liiizzzzz,

You know we must try Lumiere now! Very Happy

HAHAHAHA, it's like you read my mind, Vonstella! Actually, I went ahead and ordered their sample pack last night. It was very reasonably priced, and I'm looking forward to comparing their foundation as well as their blushes, eyeshadows, etc, to the other brands that I've tried. I'll be sure to report back when my goods come in--- please keep us updated too!^_^

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been very happy with UGloGirl MMU.It is the only MMU I have tried that looks natural-never too heavy.I was wearing Soft Ivory(which was a perfect match), but have just ordered samples in a lighter shade as my skin tone has lightened since incorporating aspirin masks, ACV toner,and an enzyme peel(also it is winter!).I LOVE this MMU-in fact my only critisism is with the word GLO in the name as it may imply to some that the finish is sparkly or shiny which IMO, it is neither.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
sueqlew wrote:
I have been very happy with UGloGirl MMU.It is the only MMU I have tried that looks natural-never too heavy.I was wearing Soft Ivory(which was a perfect match), but have just ordered samples in a lighter shade as my skin tone has lightened since incorporating aspirin masks, ACV toner,and an enzyme peel(also it is winter!).I LOVE this MMU-in fact my only critisism is with the word GLO in the name as it may imply to some that the finish is sparkly or shiny which IMO, it is neither.

sueqlew--I totally agree with you on all points. Im still amazed at how dedicated Melissa is to all her customers, she has been a wonderful help to me this week. (Emailing me after hours and on the weekend to answer questions and even sent me some samples free of charge!)

She also informed me this weekend that due to the recent growth of her line she will be lowering prices to pass the savings on to us! She didnt say when or how much but be watching for a price reduction very soon!

System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |